• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest-themed team - RMT

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Yeah as I stated before (I think) I was considering Abomnasnow, but now when I really think about it, I think the two main reasons I was looking at it was due to it being a grass-type and Wood Hammer, not sure if it'd really fit in with my team though.

1) I don't understand the question, I do apologize.

2) Possibly

3) What?

Also what makes those items "hax" if they're in the game, and available to use, without cheating?

I made an edit to my post. XP I quoted Serebii, since you seem to be needing proof...

orangejediman

Snivy's the badass of Gen V!
    Years
  • Yeah as I stated before (I think) I was considering Abomnasnow, but now when I really think about it, I think the two main reasons I was looking at it was due to it being a grass-type and Wood Hammer, not sure if it'd really fit in with my team though.

Thanks for noticing me.... I understand what you mean and, now that IVE thought about it, it really isn't a "Forest" pokemon...
    IM going.. bye

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • Yeah as I stated before (I think) I was considering Abomnasnow, but now when I really think about it, I think the two main reasons I was looking at it was due to it being a grass-type and Wood Hammer, not sure if it'd really fit in with my team though.

Thanks for noticing me.... I understand what you mean and, now that IVE thought about it, it really isn't a "Forest" pokemon...

Well, I do still see it as being Forest-ey, just not quite as what I picture when I think of the forests of Oregon or Washington, Abomnasnow comes off as being pretty damn Scandinavian, personally.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • How is it "hax" or cheap? It's a perfectly legitimate move that Swampert can learn. It is a great move for my team, I'm a lot more about theatrics and having fun with it instead of competing super-seriously.

Blissey is too common and not forest-ey enough, and I don't like using legendaries.

But don't Burns lower your ATK stat? That wouldn't be all that good for my Ursaring, if it was Sp. Atk on the other hand, then I'd see where you're coming from.

I know Rock Polish isn't used much, but that's part of the appeal to me, something new, something fresh, nearly original. I think it'd be good on my Torterra.

I don't trust being able to stay in the clear long enough for Focus Punch to work, and I don't like the psychology behind Substitute.

Thanks much for the help though, it truly is appreciated.
    If the Pokemon with the Burn Orb has Guts Ability, the Attack drop is ignored and the original attack stat will multiply by 1.5. It's the same as Toxic, except less damage.

I have experience with Rock Polish, and it was a terrible one. I've tried using Rock Polish on some of my walls, and it isn't as good at it seems.

Spore/Sub/Focus Punch is a widely used strategy and arguably the best. You simply Spore first, then the opponent will stay asleep or switch out. On that turn is the time you Substitute, and you don't have to worry about the Health loss since Poison Heal restores the HP loss from Substitute in about three turns. You'll be able to get at least one Focus Punch in, which is really strong. 150 Base Power is enough, not to mention STAB. STAB makes Focus punch 225 Base Power from Breloom's high attack stat. Even if it is a not-very-effective hit, the Focus Punch is still 112 base Power.

I actually didn't title it RMT, a mod did...>_>

Once again, I don't see how Brightpowder would be "hax & cheap", those are things put into the game and are obtained without hacking it. It's part of a giant strategy (as I'm sure you know, it just seems like you've had one too many encounters with being dis-accuraciedishingly). Just because I don't use the commonly competitive moves, doesn't mean I won't be able to fare in competitions as well.
    Eh? "Hax" doesn't mean "Hacks", it means "Hax". Hax is when you depend purely on luck for something to work. Evasion, Accuracy, Freeze chance, anything related to luck is hax. Most trainers hate hax related things and try to avoid battles involving hax.

DavyJones4our

Man of the Sea
    Years
  • If the Pokemon with the Burn Orb has Guts Ability, the Attack drop is ignored and the original attack stat will multiply by 1.5. It's the same as Toxic, except less damage.

I have experience with Rock Polish, and it was a terrible one. I've tried using Rock Polish on some of my walls, and it isn't as good at it seems.

Spore/Sub/Focus Punch is a widely used strategy and arguably the best. You simply Spore first, then the opponent will stay asleep or switch out. On that turn is the time you Substitute, and you don't have to worry about the Health loss since Poison Heal restores the HP loss from Substitute in about three turns. You'll be able to get at least one Focus Punch in, which is really strong. 150 Base Power is enough, not to mention STAB. STAB makes Focus punch 225 Base Power from Breloom's high attack stat. Even if it is a not-very-effective hit, the Focus Punch is still 112 base Power.

Eh? "Hax" doesn't mean "Hacks", it means "Hax". Hax is when you depend purely on luck for something to work. Evasion, Accuracy, Freeze chance, anything related to luck is hax. Most trainers hate hax related things and try to avoid battles involving hax.

Didn't know that about Guts, but I'm actually not using that one, my Ursaring is going to be having Quick Feet, will the burn still be lightened?

Hmm...once this is done, I'll try the Rock Polish for a bit, and if it's as you say, then I'll promptly and quickly take it out.

Yeah, I do understand that Breloom strategy, it's just not my style. I'm not knocking it, or anything, please don't get me wrong; it's just not my thing, it's strictly my own naive ways taking a hold of me.

Ooohhh @ hax, ok, makes some sense now. Thank you very much.

Though, I'm still on the search for a 6th member to fit my team. The two I were considering included: Vileplume or Parasect.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Eh, in that case Toxic Orb is the best way to go. Quick Feet doesn't negate the Attack drop, it negates the Speed drop from paralysis. Quick Feet always uses Toxic Orb. ^_^

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • Didn't know that about Guts, but I'm actually not using that one, my Ursaring is going to be having Quick Feet, will the burn still be lightened?

Hmm...once this is done, I'll try the Rock Polish for a bit, and if it's as you say, then I'll promptly and quickly take it out.

Yeah, I do understand that Breloom strategy, it's just not my style. I'm not knocking it, or anything, please don't get me wrong; it's just not my thing, it's strictly my own naive ways taking a hold of me.

Ooohhh @ hax, ok, makes some sense now. Thank you very much.

Though, I'm still on the search for a 6th member to fit my team. The two I were considering included: Vileplume or Parasect.

Trust me on this, you DO NOT want to use Parasect as it's only mildly good in Trick Room (happens to be slower than Bronzong). You could go with Vileplume, though I don't know much about it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, parasect is bad, i used a scarf one in my noob days, enough of that, its still blegh regardless.

As others have said, you NEED a special wall, or Life Orb T-Bolt/Ice Beam/Surf/Grass Knot Starmie = OLOL 6-0. In fact any special sweeper basically dominates this team.

Actually so do physical sweepers, so you need a physical wall..really, or stuff Like Heracross and even Staraptor poops on you.

Forretress is a forest pokemon and it could act as your physical wall...

Swampert has WAY better things to do than Protect, stealth Rock or Roar please >>it. Muddy Water is lol, why are you choosing that over its 100% accurate counterpart, surf and its pure power alternative, Hydro pump ?

Celebi would be awesome, there is no reason not to use it, Legendaries=/=uber, so its perfectly usable in competitive battling.

Your current breloom set is garbage and is severely underpowered and really easily walled with Mach Punch as its sole fighting move isnt going to work. Either use Focus Punch/Substitute/leech seed or Stone Edge or Seed bomb/Spore. OR Mach punch/protect/Seed Bomb/Spore. Latter set is meh aswell, only really good, as a lead, first set is WAY more effective.

Why is Blissey not "foresty" ? Im pretty sure the girl who you help through that Eterna forest in D/P HAS a chansey. =D It can also learn Aromatherapy which = grass move. Grass move = forest... So this would be a cool sp.wall.

Last edited:

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Sceptile. It, like celebi, is known as the guardian of the forest.
    You can try this if you like:
    Item: Life orb, Wide lens or Scope lens
    Moves:
    Leaf blade
    Night slash
    Dragon pulse
    Focus blast
    I can get a much better moveset if you want me to.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Big rate comin' up!

So far, I've got these five, what should I put in my 6th slot? And I'd like to keep it a Grass-type if possible, I've been thinking of Abomnasnow, or one of the flowers. Note to mods, I do not consider this a battling thread, I'm not asking people to let me try this out, yet.

Torterra - Adamant w/ Lum Berry
    252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
    Rock Polish
    Earthquake
    Wood Hammer
    Crunch

I know that this is bad, but I'm no good with Torterra. Use the sets that the others gave you.

Ursaring - Jolly w/ Toxic Orb (Quick Feet)
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Facade
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance

Sure. However, with Toxic and rather low defenses, you may not have time to set up an SD. Consider CC (either one is fine :D)

Swampert - Relaxed w/ Leftovers
    240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Protect

Surf NAO! There are lot's of things worthy of being in the last slot. Protect is fine, but consider:
    Toxic, Roar, SR, etc.

Lead with this.

Ninetales - Timid w/ Wide Lens
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nasty Plot
    Fire Blast
    Energy Ball
    Hypnosis

Sure...but wouldn't it burn the forest down?

Breloom - Adamant w/ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal)
    44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
    Spore
    Mach Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Use this current set as a lead only. Otherwise.....

Breloom - Adamant @ Toxic orb
    44 HP / 252 ATK / 212 SPD
    Spore
    FP
    Sub
    Seed Bomb

You seem defiant on not using this set. Here's how it works:
    Spore
    Sub, for extra protection.
    Focus Punch away.......
    This is how 99% of non-leading Breloom's work. Use it NAO!

Infernape is a monkey. How about replacing Ninetales for it?

Infernape @ LO
    Adamant - 24 ATK, 232 SPD, 252 SATK
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    NP
    Grass Knot

Wall breaker.

If you want speed over movepool and power, consider Leafeon over Ursaring (someone else will have to do the set for me).

You need sturdy walls. Like everyone else said, use Blissey. As a foresty physical wall.....

Pineco lives on trees; to get one in GSC, you headbutt a tree. Pineco evolves into Forry. Perfect!

Skarm is a bird, although I don't think it prefers the forest.....

Anyways, I would replace Torterra for Forry and replace either Ursaring or Breloom for Blissey. Good luck on your team!

Back