• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years

Yeah, four inches. I was actually genuinely surprised at the size of Joltik in the anime. I mean, Caterpie, roughly the size of Ash's forearm. Joltik, roughly the size of Ash's palm. Why is it that not all bugs in Pokémon are big?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

This scene especially made me laugh;

Spoiler:

But that's a great question haha, maybe it's just too impractical to animate? XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

There was a whole episode about Joltik actually. So I don't quite believe so haha.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

We all know that size doesn't actually matter in Pokemon. Like Wailord: it's easily the largest Pokemon existing but comparing size and weight it should be able to fly in the air xD

Also I'd like to see what a triple battle with just Wailord looks like in the anime xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

haha. too bad wailord is kind of one of those 'stay in the water' Pokemon like Goldeen and such who just flop around outside of water.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Apparently Wailord's based on a blimp or a zeppelin or something? I think that's meant to explain the density thing but I don't buy it XD

Years
  • Like Wailord: it's easily the largest Pokemon existing but comparing size and weight it should be able to fly in the air xD

In a similar case of logic vs physics, Chuggaaconroy once mentioned that Electrode can float on water and carry an average human but still can't learn Surf.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh! You just reminded me that I want to watch more of Chuggaconroy's Pokemon Colosseum let's play. Might do that in a little bit after I get something to eat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

In a similar case of logic vs physics, Chuggaaconroy once mentioned that Electrode can float on water and carry an average human but still can't learn Surf.
    It'd probably just end up electrocuting everything, or maybe it can just float but not move in water haha.

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    55, finally finished Pokemon Emerald :D Maybe I now have a team of lvl 100s, but yeah... I grind too much.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Blimey, it must take weeks to get a whole team to level 100. How on earth did you have the patience? XD

Years

Yeah, tends to happen to me too, until recently. I mean come on, if you're not being extra cautious (aka nuzlocking) there's really no point in being the proper level. For instance my Level 61 HG Slaking can kick Red's Snorlax's butt.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

You actually trained a Slaking? That sounds so tedious paha, was it worth it?

Years

Still am training a Slaking as a matter of fact. Slaking is so worth it in Singleplayer. That Attack stat is monstrous, and you can use the nose laser trick if you're playing with shift.

Did I mention I trained him since he was a level 13 Slakoth?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Slaking has a lot of untapped potential that can be used if you tried. Maybe not so much competitively but hey.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years

I like Slaking just because I can. I don't use it in the games despite it high attack stat, but Traunt is just ridiculous. Slaking is very relaxed, so that's why I like it. It was also a sloth before they were cool :P

Back