• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Fossil pokemon evolutions leaked

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Who says no more X & Y news until release? :)

Amaura
    Rock/Ice type
    Fossil pokemon evolutions leaked

Evolves into Aurorus (from https://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00047/00047571_172.htm)

Tyrunt:
    Rock/DRAGON type

Evolves into Tyrantum (source IGN:https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/men-are-from-mars-pokemon-x-and-y-are-from-france)

Last edited:
    Years
    I have to say these look like the best-designed fossil evos to date. I'm loving Aurorus especially because it looks so majestic and beautiful, but Tyrantum is pretty badass too. Still might be going with the icy dino on my first playthrough though.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    OMG these are the best looking fossil pokemon (well Tyrant anyways I will name the other blue one something like stegosaurus or something)

We get a cool T-Rex

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Both of these are very interesting IMO. I hope Tyrantrum gets better bulk and/or Speed than Rampardos, so that it can actually be usable. Also, Aurorus should get a relatively high Special Attack stat, so that it can use Freeze Dry to its fullest potential.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm actually disappointed with Tyrunt. That's what I get for putting hopes up to high.
    Aurorus looks doable and pretty nice designed overall. Still, Anorith/Armaldo are still my favorite fossil Pokémon, maybe next game they will finally make a fossil Pokémon that I'll prefer over Armaldo, who knows?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Looking at the evolution of Tyrunt... its face especially bears a striking resemblance to Groudon. xD I love Amaura's evolution of course. :)

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Both of them look really great! Aurorus is beautiful whereas Tyrantum is fierce - a great fossil Pokemon combo. Aurorus appeals to me much more than Tyrantum though. A huge possibility it might actually make my future X/Y team. Oh no now that I have too many Pokemon shortlisted for my team I won't know which one actually deserves to be on it...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Aurorus looks just beautifully bright and sexy, whereas Tyrantum scares the hell out of me. I sure hope the latter has the intimidate ability, and that the former has Serene Grace.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Aurorus looks just beautifully bright and sexy, whereas Tyrantum scares the hell out of me. I sure hope the latter has the intimidate ability, and that the former has Serene Grace.

As secondary/Dream World abilities, right?

Anyway, I really like Tyrantrum. Its big, burly appearance just screams out badass. The crown is a nice touch too. Aurorus, on the other hand, looks just as graceful as Amaura.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    O....M.....G.. I will most definitely be getting Tyrunt in my first run. They did a great job with him. I like the other as well, but not as much.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Right now this changes my team plans yet again, I love how both of these have turned out and now I'm torn between the both of them!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Tyrantrum is what I expected a T-Rex Pokemon to look like. ITS JUST. SO BEASTLY. I'm definitely picking Tyrunt as my fossil Pokemon. And Aurorus is freaking majestic. I like Tyrantrum more than Aurorus , though they're both amazing looking.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The fossil evolutions are better than I expected! And I really love that they can both appeal to different kinds of players; the intimidating and ferocious one, and the majestic and beautiful one. I'm almost definitely going to go with Tyrunt though. I've always wanted a Pokémon based off of the T-Rex.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Looks like the evolutions to these pokémon have changed my decision to use them. While I dislike Amaura, It's evolution is really quite good and a welcome improvement.

The Tyrunt evo looks like a pile of spikes and random scales trying to convey a T-Rex. It doesn't look formidable, it just looks goofy.

I can't believe it, but Amaura is my choice out of the two, plus it's Rock/Ice typing is quite intriguing even though it has 2 4x weaknesses. (plus it's new move Freeze dry which super-effective's Water types, looks like a killer move)

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    Tyrantum looks so huge and powerfull. I will definately get one on my team.

Also that move freeze dry will be super effective to water-types. i don't see how that works.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Also that move freeze dry will be super effective to water-types. i don't see how that works.
    Think of it like Scald which has the ability to burn. Logically speaking, water has a weakness to frozen temperatures, so having an Ice type move that has the side effect of actually doing effective damage against water types is pretty neat!

If this is what the rumor about double type moves was, certain type moves being super effective against types they normally have average to little effect on, then it's not as bad as I imagined it would be.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Aurorus looks amazing, I think I'll definitely be picking Amaura. Tyrantrum looks cool too, there's something for everyone.

Aurorus looks a little awkward in game though, it'll probably look better in motion.

Back