• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fragments of alarayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsy

pura pura o3o
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    He was going to be in a team with the guys? Did Gareth even count as a guy? And once more, Gareth was leading? Khael imagined the conversation in his head Parse, darling, can't you see he's confused enough about whether his parts go in or out? Don't confuse the poor thing even more by making him think. And then Parse would slap him for calling her darling, Mika would restrain herself from snorting, and Gareth would try and threaten him. Khael didn't think Gareth knew that he really wasn't all that threatening. At all. Listening to what was left of the briefing and questions and such, Khael registered what his job was on this mission. Beat crap up and bust down a wall. Can do.

Waiting until Aiden was safely out of the plane, Khael strapped the chirping Togepi to his chest, wishing once again that she wasn't so demanding, but she'd go in her ball for the majority of this mission she knew that when daddy worked, she went to "play" in her cozy pokeball. "See you on the ground." He nodded to the remaining people.Getting all his gear on, Khael located the parachute string and launched himself out of the helicopter, spinning on his way down for the sheer thrill of it. He loved missions like these when he got to free fall until that very last second when the parachute pulled him up and left his stomach behind. Reaching the ground, Khael inhaled a big breath of air and relished in the adrenaline that would be running through his body the rest of the mission. He hid the parachute under some brush along with his gear.

"I have to work now Kisa, time to take a nap." He said, rolling the pokeball towards her like a toy and letting her go in herself. Any other way and she'd just pop right back out and bite him. Stowing it carefully in his bag, Khael searched the area for the other members of his team.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • "I don't need a parachute. Thank you very much," Bristol said, kicking the backpack away. He instead grabbed two PokeBalls from his belt, releasing the Froslass and Xatu from within them. "Froslass, create a platform of ice large enough for Xatu and I to sit on."

Froslass immediately went to work, using her ability to manipulate water particles in the air to create a sheet of ice that measured around seven feet wide and eight feet in length. Nodding at the ghost for a goob job, he returned the monster to its ball. Sighing, he harshly kicked the platform out of the helicopter. Then he grabbed Xatu and leaped out of the door.

You bastard! YOU RUFFLED MY FEATHERS! HOW DARE YOU! Xatu screamed. I should just teleport away and let you fall to your death you ungrateful snot!

They then slammed against the sheet of ice, which was continuing to fall at an incredibly fast rate.

I'd like to see you try Xatu. Now make yourself useful and slow down the platform or I'll REALLY ruffle your feathers. Scoffing, Xatu did as she was told. Her eyes shot open and a pink aura formed around the sheet of ice, which practically stopped midair. Its once freefalling nature was now more like a falling piece of paper, gently swaying in the breeze. Good girl.

As they got closer to the ground, Xatu let out a slight chuckle and released her psychic grip on the platform. It slammed against the ground, throwing Bristol off onto the ground on his back. Xatu fluttered above him, giggling away. I'm sorry Bristol. Did I ruffle your feather?

"Ungrateful little... GET IN YOUR BALL!" Bristol said in rage, returning the bird to its ball. He stood up and coughed, the air knocked out of his body. He turned to his comrades. "So what's the plan... team leader!"

* kayla

i iz on yer internetz :O
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    In a sick sort of way, Gareth was almost thankful for Parse's prompt "boot to the butt". It wasn't that he hadn't any idea what he was doing and had any questions on the matter, but more the fact practically free falling from a helicopter was not on his list of entertaining ventures. It was embarrassing enough that he possessed this useless fear, but the fact that nearly the entirety of the gems witnessing it was enough to already diminish what little respect they probably had for their new team member. Gareth put the incident behind him; it was bound to have happened sooner or later, he hadn't doubted it in the least. His blue eyes stayed trained on the oncoming ground below him, and he concentrated intensely on his breathing so not to as provoke any sort of panic attack or adverse reaction. When the time came, the eighteen year old released his parachute, suffering an agonizing moment where the bag refused to unfurl, and managed to calm down just in time for it to finally function.

The young genius managed to compartmentalize the rest of his fears and control his landing, removing the now useless parachute and storing it out of view of any common minded fool that happened to stumble along. It was important that he appear as any leader would, calm, cool, and completely in command. This would be a chore, however, as he was the newest addition to their previously established team, and it was obvious that no one saw him as a person of authority. Especially that ignorantly imbecilic Khael. Gareth could already tell that he would be a handful. Not many of the gems would appreciate the fact that Gareth had already risen to a level of command.

Once the rest of his team members arrived on the ground, Gareth turned towards them, intent on debriefing them on the key points of their current mission. "Beryl," he said, addressing the youngest member of the team and pointedly ignoring his sarcastic remark, "as said by the oh so personable Amethyst, it is your task to employ the distraction and access the switch on our side of the base. Garnet and I will handle any enemy attacks while Jade," at this point Gareth nodded almost imperceptibly towards the taller blonde, "breaks through the wall to secure our intended entrance. I trust all of you understood our previous instructions, but I've chosen to go over them again to prevent any more potential screw ups."

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Unruly, pompous and childish were the few adjectives that immediately sprang to mind as she bore witness to the group's trivial arguments throughout the mission's initiation. To cooperate and depend on such people did little to settle her concerns, let alone reassure her of their proposed competence and their ability to carry out the task at hand. Fortunately, by Amethyst's whim, she had been charged with the responsibility of leading the second team, their purpose; to hinder any and all pursuit of the first, a role she was more than qualified to undertake. It would be then when the others' qualifications would be tested.

As the stubborn and youngest Gem took to the skies, his shafted parachute fell into the hunter's possession. Three of them now remained within the copter's carriage and it was due time for them to vacate their transport. Eyeing no haste in the Amethyst's actions however, Seras rose from her seat and proceeded to the drop off point. Struggling to stifle the nausea that followed her bracing the carriage's threshold, she secured her chute, paused to take in breath before promptly diving into the wind.

As the coarse wind whipped her face, Seras flexed her muscles, locking her arms by her sides and straightening her legs as she plummeted towards the designated clearing. Her eyes squinted; she counted the seconds that passed with each meter she fell, anticipating the appropriate distance to release her chute with the minimum amount of recoil. Breaching the point, she immediately fanned out to reposition herself in line with the rising ground, a gloved hand promptly tearing the chute's cord in response.

Descending into the cover of the surrounding forest, Seras immediately fed a thin qwilfish spine between her fingers to tear her harness from her torso. Landing in a rather impromptu manner, the hunter swiftly regained her composure before proceeding to where the femmes were to assemble as the mission officially commenced.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Parse had to restrain the urge to punch something at Bristol's latest display of shenanigans. A floating block of ice and no parachute. Why not throw in an announcement fanfare and a large neon sign reading 'Rocket member here! Shoot me please!' while he was at it? The tactician gave a tired sigh as she gave her own parachute a quick checkup. There really was no end to the disciplinary measures this group called for but for now...she focused let her glance travel to the base far below. Her attention was needed elsewhere.

Not willing to take any chances with a certain other member, she promptly grabbed Gale by the collar and pulled the sapphire with her as she leapt, releasing her only once they were in free fall. Content that not even that incompetent could mess this part up, or that it would be the last thing she messed up if she did, the tactician concentrated on her own descent landing on-site without any greater fuss and promptly detaching and folding up the parachute.

"Right." she turned to check up on her teammates, "Team two, roll call."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back