• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fragments of alarayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsy

pura pura o3o
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    Between the buzzing in Khael's pocket and Kisa poking at the buzzing device with a bright eyed stare, there was no way in hell that Khael was going to stay asleep for the rest of the train ride. Blinking the sleep out of his eyes with the annoyance that comes from your sleep being interrupted by non natural causes, Khael fished out the PokeNav from his jacket and checked the new message from Mika. 'Underground, Goldenrod when train arrives.' The Underground was easy enough, the entrance was in a building behind the train station--probably not even a five minute walk depending on the crowds today. You never knew when the department store would holds one of its surprise mega-sales and all the trainers and collectors and breeders would crowds the streets just to get their place in line. It was insane on those days and Khael absolutely hated going out in them.

The train was finally coming to a stop and Khael quickly grabbed his things and got off the train as soon as Mika had gotten off and gained some distance. He walked out the doors of the station, shielding his eyes against the sun before looking around at the city. It was huge, much like Celadon, with its large buildings and multitudes of people, both citizens and tourists alike. Kisa was fascinated by the city, jabbing her little arm at anything tall or with an extravagant sign and mewing until Khael told her what it was and anything he knew about it. She liked the Radio Tower the best because of how tall it was and the large antennea adorning it. If he could read her mind, she was probably thinking how much she wanted to be a Mankey and go climb it so she could go see the entire city from there.

Khael gave the tiny Togepi a smile and walked down into the Underground where the rest of the team would gather. Pausing a minute to adjust his eyes to the darkness, Khael walked over to Mika, and letting Kisa down with the orders she couldn't go away from him or Mika, playfully grinned at the girl who seemed so intent at the map. "You know," Khael trailed off as he crouched beside her, "It would probably work better if you held the map right-side-up." He contained his laughter into a grin as he watched her.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • As the train arrived at the platform, Aidan shouldered his bag and checked his watch. "Right on time." Without even a glance at the other Gems--or anyone else, he boarded the train. Finding an open bench near the middle of the car, he seated himself. A moment later a young woman and child approached.

"Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" the woman asked, indicating the place beside Aidan.

Aidan smiled. "No. Would you and your daughter like to change that?"

Sitting, the woman helped the girl onto the bench beside her. Looking back at Aidan, she returned his smile. "Thanks."

"My pleasure. Are the two of you visiting Goldenrod to see the sights?"

"Actually, that was why we came here to Saffron. We live in Goldenrod," the lady explained.

"Oh, nice. First time to Saffron?"

"I've been here a couple times on business, but this was her first time." Looking down at the girl, the mother brushed a few strands of brown hair back from the child's face. "We also visited Celadon, which was a lot of fun. Wasn't it, honey?"

The child nodded enthusiastically before turning to look curiously at Aidan. He tilted his head and gave a friendly smile. "Hey, my name's Jonathan. What's yours?"

The girl tugged on her mother's sleeve and stared up into her face. With a quiet laugh, the woman pet her daughters head. "Her name's Sarah, and I'm Maria. It's nice to meet you, Johnathan."

"Likewise to both of you, though you can call me John."

The dialogue was interrupted by the beeping of Aidan's Pokenav. Slipping the device out of his pocket, the Garnet flicked its lid open and briefly checked the message sent by Mika. He closed the Pokenav. "Sorry about that--message from a friend."

"It's not a problem. Are you a Pokemon trainer?"

"Ah, you mean this?" Aidan held up his Pokenav. "Used to be, but now my Pokemon are just companions for me. I still like updating my gear when I can, though, you know?"

The rest of the trip was spent in pleasant conversation between "John" and Maria, though occasionally Maria was able to draw a sentence or two from her bashful offspring. Aidan, meanwhile, wove lie after lie into a neat little life story. Eventually the conductor announced the train's arrival at Goldenrod station, and the teenager picked up his backpack from the ground. Once the train pulled to a stop, he and Maria stood, followed by Sarah after a little prompting. Taking Sarah by the hand, Maria led her toward the door of the train. "It was nice talking to you, John. Since this is your first time leaving Kanto, you should be sure to visit the Radio Tower. It's one of Goldenrod's--and maybe Johto's--biggest landmarks."

"Thanks, I'll be sure to." Aidan waved a farewell to the pair, then exited the train himself shortly after. The warmth in his blue eyes faded as he cast a glance about the area. Spotting anything suspicious would be more difficult due to the crowd, but experience had taught him what to look for and that, particularly when entering a new area, he should make the effort to look for it. The Underground, huh? I guess Mika won't want us to be dragging our feet or anything. Well, I know at least one person who won't want that . . .

The trainer wove his way through the moving masses until he arrived at the entrance to the Underground, then descended the stairs into the halls below.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Despite her anger towards her senior's approach towards her, Gale couldn't help but remain quiet the entire time. When the "fire stone" was shoved in her palm, she waited for her senior to leave her alone, then placed it in the deepest part of her sack. She noticed her train about to depart, but decided to keep her mouth shut for fear of being punished furthermore. She looked down at the sapphire on her necklace, and cradled it gently between her hands. It shone in the bright lights the station's train wielded, and she sighed.

If I was with my brother, I wouldn't have to tolerate this much stress, she thought. Although this is a great way for surviving on my own, it still is a bit hard on me. But I can't complain; being one of the youngest means being one of the ones no one would exactly listen to. She stared at the sapphire on her necklace again, then at her sack. It felt like the "fire stone" her senior, the Amethyst, had given her was emanating a strange light from the sack, but she could be wrong. After all, there were plenty of times where she was wrong. But Gale wasn't one to be at fault when it came to anything mystic. She was one to meditate in complete silence (with the sometimes abrupt disturbances coming from elsewhere), and practice her fortune telling methods each day. So if she felt something like this, most likely she wasn't too far off. It was probably something else in there, Gale finally decided.

As she noticed the train arriving in Goldenrod, Gale walked around and took her own tour of the station, but just for a few minutes. Not as big as she would've liked, but still a decent size. There were food courts for the hungry and thirsty ones, and restrooms for those weak in the bladder. Turning around to review the other side, Gale noticed a small news store or two which also had its own foodstuffs and refreshments, though they seemed more of the sugary sort. There were also restrooms over on that side, but that wasn't strange whatsoever. Sighing, Gale walked over to an empty bench, took off her sack, and sat down, placing the sack on her lap. She took one last look at the sapphire, then went back to daydreaming about her long-lost brother...

Her daydreams were stopped shortly after they begun, as Gale realized the other Gems were heading to what was probably the Underground. She immediately bolted after them, and then kept her distance from the rest. After all, she was not only forced to wear a tracker, but also hold onto a pathetic piece that senior of hers, that Amethyst, that Tactician, called a "fire stone". It was a bit humiliating, but Gale knew better than to complain. She headed through the mysterious doors and down the stairs to the Underground. She looked around, surprised at the many varieties the Underground had. She noticed the Emerald, another one of her seniors, at a massage booth. She thought of going there, but didn't want to be there when another one of her fellow Gems was. She chose to wait until the Emerald left, however long that might be...

(The period of time developed in my post starts in Saffron and goes on to Goldenrod, so Gale can at least get to the Underground.)

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • OOC: Took me far too long to get this one done. :<

Anyway, just to be perfectly clear on the matter: the 'fire stone' Parse handed out is a completely ordinary stone of the type used to sharpen knives on. No special qualities whatsoever involved, though Gale is of course free to imagine otherwise. XD

IC:

Parse's second train trip was largely uneventful, the tactician seizing the first available seat she came across and immersing herself in her notes, re-examining, reviewing, and plotting on them. The Emerald she had now crossed off as a lost cause, duly noting that the influence the spoiled little girl had on important decisions should be marginalized as far and as quickly as possible. She was impulsive, she was emotive to the point of being neurotic, and above all, she had the overall personality of a defiant adolescent. Simply put: she was irrational, and that was a trait she despised in allies and enemies alike. Rational people were easy to deal with. There were rules to how they thought and acted, and Parse was quite good at finding a way to make rules work in her favor, but with people like Mika? She had no doubt that she would make better progress trying to talk sense into a baby Slowpoke. And what's worse - thanks to Kain's interference, no doubt - she had not one child but two to mind. And to make things worse, they had already joined forces. She would have to find some way to get both back in line before-

A brief flicker of annoyance crossed Parse's face as she glanced at the message from their 'leader'. Unencrypted, sent down the public line instead of her 'work number', not even veiled in chatspeak. In short: free game for any two-bit snoop with even the slightest bit of technical knowledge and interest in the matter.

The cell was snapped shut with something of a half-slam, the tactician heaving an exasperated sigh as she rose up from her seat. If security protocol in the group really was this lax, she had to wonder why the G-men even needed a mole.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parse's mood had not improved much by the time she arrived at the underground, just in time to witness the Emerald's latest display of ineptude, the tactician offering the curtest of nods in acknowledgement before walking up to Gale - who seemed halfway to cloud nine like usual - and abruptly grasping her shoulder, much like she had before.

"Fire stone." she whispered in her junior's ear, promptly releasing her shoulder and settling down to lean against a wall while she waited half for the Sapphire's impending rush to dig the rock up from whatever hole she had so foolishly hidden it in, half for the rest of the team to assemble so the next leg on their little journey could get started, her mind still working on the current main issue. How to find a way to keep both Mika and Khael from doing something stupid and messing things up? She would need a trigger that would affect both of them; it was the only way she could turn their mutual concern for each to work in her favor rather than against her.

It was at this part of the thought process that the currently free-roaming Kisa caught Parse's attention, her eyes lingering on the Togepi for a bit longer, a faint hint of what may just have passed for a smile crossing her features.

That might just work.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The next train ride was as uneventful as the first, of course this time, she was surrounded by actual adults instead of a group of spoilt little children. To their favour however, she failed to recognise any of them among the travelling denizens of Saffron or tourists, so they were at least capable of making themselves inconspicuous when needed. If only they could pull off such a feat when within her presence as well...

It wasn't long until their next destination rose over the passing hills in the distance, the city's towering radio tower signalling their arrival. During the ride, the poor hunter had been subject to much harmless abuse in the form of engorged shoulder rubbing and rolling heads. Distancing herself from her seat to avoid such violation of personal space, she adopted a place in the carriage's centre, her gloved hand wrapped firmly around the overhead rung. Of course, this exposed her to a wider array of unwanted physical contact with carriage hopping teens, balance challenged adults and the ever slow-paced seniors who looked for any reason to use her as a walking stick. So it was very much to her relief when the doors finally opened and allowed her to exit the train's hellish confines and into Goldenrod's station.

Admittedly, Seras found herself slightly off put by the sheer difference in capacity between the two magnet train cities. Saffron was imposing and compact yet on an obscenely large scale, the kind of environment she was used to. Goldenrod on the other hand was harmonious and widely spaced but within a much smaller plot of land, favouring a more simplistic urban lifestyle, something she quite personally despised. She just hoped the Underground was as cramped and shallow as she had remembered during her last visit.

Granted, Goldenrod's Underground wasn't her most favoured of trading places, seeing as how most of the citizens were actually aware of the place and thought it an appropriate spot to sell their useless commercial wares, but every once in a while, she'd find a merchant worth dealing with. Her hopes fortunately, were answered in the corner of the winding tunnel that was the Underground markets. Unfortunately however, she had eyed several familiar faces upon entering, it appeared she wasn't the first or only Gem to arrive.

Deciding it best to continue ignoring them, she proceeded to her marked merchant, deciding then that if disturbed, she would simply lie about her situation.

"Ohoho!" rasped the cloaked vendor sitting idly on a single square mat, all sorts of bottles and containers littering its patched and disgustingly soiled surface, while a most sinister grin gleamed under his shadowed face, "What brings Darian's little girl here?"

Retaining her usual silent stature, the hunter shouldered off her bag before retrieving several bundles of what appeared to be needles, or more specifically, static fur shed directly from her jolteon. At this, the man's eyes lit up and his equally rugged hands reached out to caress the incoming goods. Having his moment with what appeared to be the man's rendition of striking oil or finding gold, he quickly stuffed the bundles beneath his cloak before quickly striking several bottles from his patched mat into his hands, the sound of clashing glass echoing in the enclosed tunnel.

"So, how many stun spore would you like?" he jeered playfully, obviously happy to offer anything of value in return, "Or if you'd like, I've just received some more of that wonderful poisonpowder your grand pappy loves."

Pursing her lips, the hunter simply raised two fingers and directed them to the bottled stun spore in the man's hands.

"Right, right." he smirked, handing over the containers, "'Your poisonpowder's too potent' right? 'It kills faster than it immobilises'? Heheh...I guess that's why Darian loved it so much."

Snatching the bottles almost forcefully from his hands, she then held out her own, awaiting the last phase of their transaction.

"Oh dear, you don't expect me to pay you as well, do you?" he laughed, submitting to her request regardless, "What a world we live in... Still, I'm happy to pay such a lovely young woman such as yourself, especially with that magnificent specimen of a jolteon you have. Tell me, how many more sheds can we expect from dear old Livole? One? Two more? If I recall, a jolteon's fur can only grow back so many times young Maxy. I hope you're not abusing the poor old thing."

Complacent as he was, Seras maintained her disposition. Having received her payment, the hunter simply tucked the envelope away, along with her new samples of stun spore before turning away to leave. All that was left was to await further orders and to get away from the Underground as soon as possible.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    ooc: >> forking harddrive crash....

---
    ic

Something about this entire mission was starting to bother her and as she looked over the map for another moment or two before the girl reached out a hand and, not looking up, beckoned Parse over, pointing out a few locations on the map, "So here's the basic scheme of things." Her eyes glanced up at the rest of the group, "And before you whine at me about how unsecure this location is, we've used it for almost a decade, I don't want to hear it." The map itself was in a U-like box shape, with two long tunnels on the left and right and a smaller tunnel extending a few rooms in in the middle and stretching out as a single path towards nothingness or at least nothing on the map, "There's a G-Men base outside the shrine we're going to. It's nothing too special, it's only been around about a month but it's going to be a bit of a pain. We'd have more detailed maps but…well… Neru decided to play Gem instead of doing his freaking job. He's been replaced by his superior who wasn't really on a mission like he led Kain to believe and his superior, the gem Topaz but you might actually have heard of him from his actual name Gareth, kicked his rear end into gear and he managed to get us this. In a way, we have a bit of a start but we're still going in relatively blind. If you look here," she pointed at a red box in each of the three rooms on either sides , "You'll see the standard base security system the Global Police use, at the very least, to secure back rooms. In short, we need to split into two groups to get the stupid things activated to open up this room here. As you can see, we'll meet up in this particular room so we're only split up for a short amount of time. Parse, Gareth and I have run a base like this before and I seriously doubt anyone else here really has so I'm going to say he and I need to be the team leaders for this. You're free to assign yourself and the rest of the group here to their respective groups within reason. Regardless, we're dropping onto the base so if you're all afraid of heights, I'm simply going to say I don't care." Sighing, she stood up, giving Parse room to plot, "Parse'll explain who's in either group once we get onto the helicopter which is in the normal spot just north of Goldenrod, in the eastern woods." Stretching, she closed her eyes for a moment before opening them, her gaze even cooler than before, "So go get changed into something uniform-like and go to the copter. Do not do anything out of the ordinary and if you're late to the chopper even though I'm giving you two hours to get there, I swear to Acerus I am going to thrash you into pieces. Dismissed." With that, she stood and exited, heading towards the entrance and up to the pokemon center.

----

"Here are your Pokemon back, they're all healed up! But you should go lay down, you don't look too good yourself!" The pink haired large-chested nurse bounced just slightly towards the girl, "At least go wash up a bit? You poor little thing...."

Rubbing the back of her neck, Mika couldn't help a light blush, "Ah Nurse Joy, I'm quite alright."

"If you're certian... Well...You just let me know if you need anything!"

"Heh heh, I will!" Waving over her shoulder, the girl slipped into one of the rooms for trainers to crash in and, after locking the door, unpacked the items she'd just pulled out of her item pc and layed them out before changing into one of the two outfits she'd withdrawn. Compared to everything else she owned, it was simple. A pair of black cargo pants, a black tank top and a pair of sturdy back boots all under a black leather trenchcoat with a weird zipper that zipped down as opposed to up and a pair of fingerless gloves. Tying her hair up into a tight high ponytail, she stood up, letting the hood of the coat fall to back and, making sure the second outfit was packed securely and her pokeballs were in tact, as well as the necklace around her neck, she slipped out the window so as not to be drawn into a conversation with the bubbly nurse and, with an hour and a half to spare, slipped across the rooftops elegantly until she'd gotten out of the city, the rush purifying her mind for the moment or at least numbing it for now and once she hit the forest, kept to the trees until she reached the helicopter, dropping down infront of it. Looking over her shoulder, she saw others starting to creep forward but, when she opened the heavy side door on the helicopter, saw that only he was actually on board. Setting her bag down across from him, closest to the cockpit on the same side as the door, she began to slip into the ridiculous amounts of saftey harnesses that came with a jumping pack, looking over her shoulder at him, "So how badly did you hurt him?"

* kayla

i iz on yer internetz :O
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    OOC: Prepare for the application of awesomeness about the world's greatest buttface.

Spoiler:

IC;

The stupidity that he had to wade through on a daily basis was comparable to walking through a fog blindfolded. It was tangible, it was unbelievably touchable. It drove him mad. One task. He had given the incompetent Neru one unbelievably simple task. In retrospect, a one armed rabid Mankey could probably have done a more adequate job. Being removed from his research mission merely because of the ineptitude of another did not sit well with the eighteen year old. In hindsight, it had been an incredible and uncharacteristic bad judgment call to even award such a task to Neru. Certainly, the boy was intelligent, but not in the areas that specifically pertained and mattered to the mission at hand. But now that was over, though he had yet to send the now defunct party member a message notifying him none too kindly of his failure and replacement in the current mission. It would be a cold day in hell should he ever request, or even allow Neru's participation in a task that Gareth was even remotely associated with. The eighteen year old did not quickly forgive such slights, being in that Neru's sole purpose was to masquerade as Gareth himself, and his utter failure in that offended the Topaz gem. Pressing a button on his PokeGear, the young genius contacted his fellow gem's private and protected voice mail box. "Your incompetence has been noted, and you have been removed from your mission. Return to the Rocket Base immediately and speak to no one. Congratulations on your failure." His voice was completely calm, collected, and a depressive monotone without any inflection, though the words were quite literally dripping of venom. If the computer geek did anything other than follow Gareth's strict instructions, he was sure to be demoted back to grunt so quickly he wouldn't even be able to calculate the velocity.

It was with a slightly pinched expression that the Topaz glanced at the watch function on his PokeGear, a flash of annoyance creasing the bridge of his nose. He'd been informed that the helicopter arranged to facilitate his rendezvous with his fellow gems would arrive approximately ten minutes previous. Punctuality was quite important to the strategist, and the wait was slowly beginning to agitate him. Not only that, but the protective suit he'd have to wear on board the helicopter magnified the temperature around him by several significant degrees, and he was beginning to think he would drown in his own sweat. If he'd known it would have been more feasible to continue his research for even a few more minutes, he certainly would have. The fact that he was currently employed by Team Rocket didn't make his research malignant or any less important. The young man flexed his fingers inside his worn gloves, popping several knuckles as he did so in his impatience. Things were not going according to plan today, and it was beginning to wear on him. While continuing to wait, he made a mental inventory of his pack, attempting to ensure that he had gathered up all the materials necessary for his new mission. The requisite survival gear, of course. Their task was far from safe. Much of what was in his pack was technically classified, come to think of it. He'd have to find a secure line to transfer the information he'd collected on this short trip.

It was with the slightest of groans that Gareth thought of who he'd be accountable for on this mission. Mika would be likely to lead it no doubt, as much as Gareth would rather punt her off the face of the earth. Why Giovanni had chosen her as his little pity project was beyond him; her weaknesses generously outweighed her strengths, and her emotions were more or less tattooed on her sleeves. He'd only been on one assignment with the girl some called the Rocket Princess, and it had been enough for him. She'd been completely irresponsible, irrational, and it'd taken all of his self control not to reprimand the seventeen year old. It was obvious that he resented her higher rank, merely because, quite frankly, she was too much of a stereotypical teenager to even begin to take it seriously. His thoughts, however traitorous, were interrupted by the screaming blades of the helicopter, and the eighteen year old ambled onto the impressive machine, taking the headset offered to him by the lone pilot. For a normal person, perhaps the vicious spinning of the blades would interrupt their thought process, but immediately after taking his place across from the exit, memories of his first and what he had hoped to have been his last mission with Mika flashed briefly before his eyes.

It had started out relatively simple and conflict free. Gareth had been fully aware of her reputation, but things of that nature hardly bothered him. The infiltration of the G-Men base had been relatively effortless; he had to say that the younger Rocket certainly possessed some skills. They'd been professional and it seemed as though this particular task would be marked as a success. That was, however, until they reached a large computer room that housed a massive database of information. Despite Gareth's intelligence, it was to be noted that he absolutely hated computers due to their propensity for error. His brain was faster at calculating than a computer anyway, and so, had no use for them. Due to that fact, it was Mika's task to splice into the computer and access the information that was needed. Relatively simple, yes? Not exactly rocket science. A few seconds of a video feed displaying freshly killed corpses and the girl goes nuts. Her sobs had caused a cautiously raised eyebrow from the young genius, and his respect for his superior began to rapidly wane. When she delivered a violent kick to the computer, he couldn't contain himself. "Oh yes, Princess. Violence against non sentient things certainly ensures their cooperation," he bit out sarcastically, his patience for such behavior clearly having gone out the window.

As soon as his internal replay of the past failed mission finished, he realized that the helicopter had indeed landed, and the first of his new team mates were entering the large vehicle. To his supreme distaste, Mika was the first to enter, choosing to sit directly across from him. The smallest glimmer of a smile came to his lips as Mika asked about Neru's current health. "In all honesty, I haven't actually been physically near him. Threats work relatively well against the insignificant imbecile, but rest assured he'll be taught a lesson once we return to the base." It seemed that the eighteen year old genius was in a particular snarky mood today, as he caught her eyes and said in his usual annoying monotone, "Are we still an emotional basketcase, or have their adjusted your dosage enough so you can properly function on missions?"

Marsy

pura pura o3o
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    Khael was a lady's man at heart. Everyone knew that. He was a flirt to no extent and enjoyed every bit of it, even if he got slapped or stomped on or even the occasional crotch shot, he strangely enjoyed the "thrill of the hunt". After all, how fun was it when every girl swoons over you, it was too easy, that's what! And Khael always enjoyed a challenge, that and the occasional chase. Which led to a problem in his current predicament as there were four girls in his party, now under normal circumstances, not a problem, but this, well…Parse was a word he couldn't use infront of Kisa and would probably be a man if given the chance, she was definitely bossy and egotistical enough that it was a possibility she could just be unusually feminine for a man. He'd seen it before—okay that was a lie, but he'd be willing to lie for the sake of insulting the annoying little tactician. Seras pure and simply scared him. She. Ate. Pokémon. Self explanatory, moving on. Gale was…well, she was like that little kid you babysit but secretly (or maybe not so secretly) want to kick out the nearest window into a spike pit. Yeah. Plus, she was way too young for him (she barely had breasts!), and pedophilia was just wrong. Then Mika, their mostly-competent leader, well, she wasn't all that bad. It was fun to make her blush, and she was sort of cute, but…he wasn't sure about her yet. She was a mystery wrapped up in a blanket of illusion. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but feel a certain connection between them, he didn't know what, but there was something hidden there.

Nodding at the end of Mika's orders, Khael dispersed to one of the acquaintances he had made on a previous mission in Goldenrod. They weren't the biggest fans of Rocket, but he and Khael had hit it off enough that he was given an invitation to use his house if need be, which is what he was doing now so he could go change into his uniform and get to the fields without being seen by too many people. Huzzah for connections, and thankfully, Khael had managed to make quite a few of them. The house wasn't anything huge, just a small little house on the very outskirts of town that was owned by Haru. He wasn't really anyone special, just a nice guy Khael ran into a long time ago when he got into some trouble on a mission. He was able to hide out here and got to know Haru rather well, who living alone, offered his house as a "safe haven" whenever the need arose.

His uniform was nothing special or extravagant like some of the higher ranks (and even some of the gems) had. He changed into a tight black, tank-top with his signature jade-green 'R' on the top of his right shoulder and a pair of fingerless black gloves; his pants were snugly fit black cargo pants with steel toed black military-grade boots. He never thought it appropriate to be wearing something eye-catching when going on a mission. That sort of screamed "LOOK AT ME, I'M HERE!" And that was not something they needed on this, or any other mission.

Waving goodbye, with a promise that they'd have lunch sometime real soon, Khael took off for the fields where the helicopter was waiting. Mika was true to her word—the beast was huge and ready to take off at any second. A thought trickled through his mind as he saw Parse not too far away from him, and with a grin, he took off running to the helicopter and managed to get there before the ever so punctual Parse did. Taking a seat next to Mika, he couldn't help laughing as Kisa gave what looked like a victory dance. "So we're jumping out of this thing?" Khael half-asked as he finished adjusting the straps on his jump suit, "Awesome" he grinned. He personally loved the thrill of jumping. It was then that Gareth made his little cheap comment. Khael wasn't sure what he meant by that, but Mika wasn't a basketcase, not that he could tell. Kisa growled at the man, tried at least, it came out more as a purr, but the thought was still there.

Yes yes, I know. Khael thought in response to Kisa's look. She wasn't very happy with Gareth saying anything bad about Mika, and Khael wasn't overly enthralled about it either. "This must be the newest member of our party, Kisa. Can't say she's the most…attractive one of the bunch, but at least she has nice hair." Khael grinned at the Togepi, "I think it's about time I get a tall busty woman to look at instead of these mediocre loud girls Mika keeps bringing into the party, don't you think Kisa?"

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • OOC: @Alter: Yeah, I kind of figured XD Gale wil be a bit imaginative, but that's besides the point.

@Marsy: I suppose I never made this clear, but Gale has between a C and D-cup (as her height and chest are pretty much based after mine, though seeing how she's a bit slimmer than I am, I suppose her chest wouldn't be as big), so unless Khael thinks something that size is small, then Gale has a nice-sized chest. But idk. 'Tis your character :3

IC:

As she waited for the leader of the Gems, the Emerald to move away from the massage booths, she heard those words she never really didn't hope to hear. Fire stone... Ah, of course I bury it deep. Guess she's trying to mess with me early... Gale calmly took her pack of her back and opened the main pocket and dug down slowly. After a couple minutes, she brought it up, undamaged an still the same color. Gale wanted to shove it into her senior's face, but knew more trouble would ensue for her. Plus, she already had a bad enough rep already for what she did earlier; why go and ruin it some more? So instead, Gale simply held it in the palm of her hand and waited for her senior to acknowledge her.

After a few seconds of waiting, Gale noticed the Emerald was no longer by the massage booth. Not wanting to wait any longer for the Tactician's approval, she placed the stone inside one of her smaller and less deep pack pockets, zipped all pockets shut, and placed the bag on her back. She then proceeded to walk over to the grooming center.

"May I help you?" asked a boy, who seemed to be about Gale's age. Gale wanted to say how strange it was for someone his age to be working a job like this, but didn't wish to be rude.

"Yes, I'd like my Leafeon, Rose, to receive a message, please. It has been a while since I've last groomed her. Um... How much would that be?" Taking her pack off for the second time, Gale opened the smaller pocket she had placed the "fire stone" in and brought out what seemed to be a change purse.

"150 should do it," the boy replied. It seemed as though he were swooning at Gale, though Gale couldn't quite be too sure. Oh, brother... Getting out the correct amount of change, Gale handed the money to the boy, then called out her Leafeon.

"Now, Rose, I'd like it if you could get groomed, please." The Leafeon looked at her with a slight smile, and the young boy did his job. As Gale watched him work on Rose, she occasionally looked around, as if waiting for the other Gems to make their next move. I don't want to be late this time. I don't want to cause anymore trouble than I have already. I just want to be at least somewhat respected by the others... She sighed, and as she did she felt something furry touch her left arm. When she looked back, she noticed a tan paw of some sort, probably coming from Rose.

"Your Leafeon is done being groomed, Miss. Have a nice day," the boy said, smiling. Gale took time to notice Rose's changes. Hmm... Sleeker fur, shinier leaves... My, he did do a good job... Gale turned around and proceeded to head towards the nearest seat. She sat down on the far left end, Rose on her left. Now to wait...

A couple minutes, and Gale realized what she was supposed to do. Riiiight. Helicopter. Northeast of Goldenrod, in a forest. I knew that... She got up, recalled Rose, and walked out the opposite side she came in from. Exiting the Underground, Gale made way north of Goldenrod, only to be stopped by a theif of sorts.

"Hey, babe," the thief said to her. "That's a nice necklace you got. I want it."

"Sorry, even though I want to give it to you I couldn't. And besides, try and mess with me and you'll have another thing coming," Gale replied, smirking. The thief cringed and backed away, but in a mocking sort of way. This annoyed Gale.

"Blaze, come on out." The Arcanine appeared within a few seconds of Gale's command and glared at the thief. The thief gave one last look at Gale, almost seemed to curse her, and ran off. Well, that was easy. I would've said I was part of Team Rocket, but then I'd be even more hated by the other Gems...

Pokeball in hand, Blaze to her right, Gale walked towards the desired location. As she neared her destination, she began hearing the whir of helicopter blades spinning. Just...about...THERE! The helicopter was in clear view, and Gale sighed. Made it...

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Aidan listened intently as Mika explained the first stage of the mission, giving an occasional slight nod to indicate that he was paying attention. After glancing briefly over the map, the youth had leaned back and, though apparently keeping his eyes fixed on his leader, observed his teammates at the edge of his vision to gauge their responses to the situation. Despite the Emerald's assurances that this location was secure enough to allow the group to speak with relative freedom, he still thought passerby might find strange a cluster of eccentric people looking over a map and discussing breaking into a base. But if anything happened as a result of this, Aidan decided, his job was escape and cover-up--so it just ended in more fun for him anyway. By this point the mission briefing was drawing near its end.

"Do not do anything out of the ordinary and if you're late to the chopper even though I'm giving you two hours to get there, I swear to Acerus I am going to thrash you into pieces. Dismissed."

His usual, laid-back demeanor undisturbed by this threat, Aidan gave a casual wave to the other Gems as he turned away from them. "If you have anything more to say, you know how to reach me. Later, guys." Slipping his hands into his pockets, he vanished into the crowd. Two Gems are taken out of the line-up, one almost goes MIA, and now another one is replaced. Nothing like a day when everything goes according to plan, eh? Now to find a place to change . . .

-------------

And that should about do it. Aidan clicked the last of his Pokeballs into place on his belt. Of course, all the Pokeballs on that belt were empty. The ones that actually contained his Pokemon were under the wrist bracers he wore over his black gloves. This allowed him the option of palming a Pokeball while pretending to reach for one on his belt or, if the element of surprise were required, dispensing with the formality of keeping up the trick and catching the enemy off guard with a quick cast of a Pokemon into battle. The rest of Aidan's attire had changed as well--his blue jeans and white sneakers being replaced with black equivalents. On the top half of his body he had donned a black t-shirt with a short-sleeved, hooded black jacket over it. Emblazoned on its shoulder was a red R edged with a deep orange-yellow. Around his neck Aidan wore a black collar that, if activated by a switch on his belt, could release a dose of hallucinogenic gas*. Perhaps the most noticeable change in Aidan's appearance, however, was his mask. The object in question fully covered his face and had a base color of white with red designs painted over its surface. On its forehead was a red garnet. The plates that covered the trainer's eyes were one-way mirrors--the side that allowed visibility naturally being turned inward. And aside from appearance-oriented purposes, the mask also doubled as a gas mask. Despite his preference for keeping his appearance as "un-Rocket-like" as possible, even during missions, the boy knew how to prepare for action when the occasion arose. Aidan briefly adjusted one of the straps that held his mask into place, then lifted his hood. "Thanks for the walls, Sand. Mind making me look normal for my walk through town?"

Sandman, having temporarily emerged from hiding, merely cackled in reply and waited until the street was clear. Then with a wave of a dismembered hand, the Haunter removed the illusion walls that blocked off the ends of the alley in which he and Aidan stood. When the Garnet emerged from the alley, his phantom companion had again vanished into his shadow, and his appearance was as it had been before he changed.

As the Rocket helicopter came within sight, Aidan's true appearance faded into view, and he lifted up the edge of one of his gloves to check the watch beneath. "Still plenty of time left before we have to meet. How do you think the others would take it if we made the helicopter vanish?" The boy's shadow laughed. "Or maybe it would be better to wait until we're up in the air. You see, someone might be unhappy if we did it now." Had Sandman been materialized, he would have been rubbing his hands together in anticipatory glee. Smirking beneath his mask, Aidan shifted his backpack and strode toward the helicopter.

Upon reaching the aerial vehicle, Aidan knocked on its side with the back of his hand. "Hey," he quipped, his gaze passing unseen from Khael to Mika to Gareth. "This the right helicopter?"

[OOC: * - The gas is a deliriant, the type of hallucinogen capable of actually causing hallucinations that victims cannot distinguish from reality, often accompanied by a lack of memory of the time under the drug's influence. Aidan's collar can deal up to three doses before he needs to replenish his supply. He carries refills with him.]

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Dealing with black marketers always came with a risk of being exposed and getting caught. Varying results depended on the location of the transaction but as a prominent rule of thumb for any pokemon hunter; just don't.

So having acquired what she needed from the cloaked vendor without question, her other assortment of hunting utensils still in fresh supply, Seras continued to the designated stall for the Gems' scheduled meeting. The attention their milling group brought from random passersby did pose a concern, but the likelihood of the lot of them being exposed remained minimal. Still, as an added precaution—and out of personal preference—she remained absent from the group's huddle, taking her place to the side and against the wall. Eyes closed and arms folded, she proceeded to take in their next course of action, one that would take them within the apparent heart of the G-Men's operations.

The only requirement in preparing for the mission that managed to buoyed her spirits was the notion of splitting up, meaning she would only have to deal with half as much of the group's usual incompetence. It would be her bad luck however, if her team comprised of anyone but the three individuals she had previously deemed noteworthy.

Upon being dismissed, the hunter allowed the majority of the team to disperse before moving off herself, quite content in leaving the joke of an underground behind. Breaching the city's surface, her feathered glove was needed to shield the extreme change in light before being able to locate her desired direction. Proceeding through, it didn't become apparent until reaching Goldenrod's outskirts that there was another hitch in carrying out the mission that did not sit at all well with her. The first being their method of entrance, skydiving as it were was not exactly the hunter's cup of tea, let alone any form of physical suspension at high altitudes. The second being the need to adorn her uniform.

Seeing the other occupants of their ride's carriage all dressed in the organisation's trademark scheme, Seras found herself rather discontent in following suit. Regardless, it was protocol for all Rocket employees to adorn the official uniform before undertaking delegated missions, unless specifically specified otherwise. Fortunately, Gems were privileged with the added customisation of such uniforms to at least allow some individuality, visually separating them from the likes of the company's grunts. But of course, that didn't make any difference to her. She just wanted to wear what she deemed suiting. The uniform was not.

Realising then and there that she still had time to spare, the hunter proceeded to the opposite end of the helicopter to undress and despite her overall inhibitions being lowered, still maintained some ounce of decorum in clothing herself as to not upset the others' so-called sense of shamelessness. So to save time, her new uniform resembled much of her previous, bar a few minor changes. Now completely enriched in black, a pair of denim shorts cut thigh high dress her legs, a leather silver-buckle belt threading its holsters. Also devoid of her previous tank top, a lone denim vest reaching just shy of her abdomen, sleeves torn from its sockets, covered her bare chest, an identical belt strapped through its added rungs across its front for support. Her usual feathered gloves remained intact as did the feathered band tying her hair and the shin-high boots that braced her feet.

And with her assemble complete, the hunter hastily stuffed away the remnants of her previous attire before returning to their ride's door and stepping into its confines, the amber 'R' on the back of her sleeveless vest gleaming in the afternoon light as she did so.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • By the time she arrived at the helicopter, Parse, The Tactician, Amethyst was not in a good mood, an expression that had crossed over from her usual mild annoyance to downright murderous dominating her features. She had changed into uniform; the grunt standard black shirt, gray belt and black trousers - although she had kept the outrageously short and impractical little skirt on top to cut down the number of times she was 'sir'ed - alongside the gray boots and gloves. Aside from the team rocket emblem - a more discreet, amethyst-colored one at the left side of the shirt's collar instead of that huge, god-awful red bullseye - the uniform could have belonged to any two-bit grunt, which was just the way she preferred it. The more people there were that could be confused with her during a fight, the better.

The uniform was not what had Parse deathglaring anyone who even thought of addressing her on her way to the meeting, however. Nor was it the unravelled pigtail in her hair that had been forced into submission. It wasn't even the Sapphire's blatant incompetence - the latest example of which being her two-and-a-half minute delay in procurring what she had demanded to see within five seconds - that would be dealt with after the mission was over. No, what really had her raging at the moment was the infuriatingly thin stack of papers currently tucked in beneath her right arm, an anorectic little bundle of joy which prompted her to march straight over to the new face in the helicopter.

"Let me guess," she said levelly, half-slamming the haphazard 'schematic' she had been granted into Gareth's hands, "Your sweet little baby sister of five and a half drew up this cute little schematic during a guided tour through the facility. Is that right?" she lowered her tone to a whisper, though it came off as more of a hiss, "No figures on stationed personnel or internal security systems, no patrol routes, no established patterns of routine; nothing beyond what a five-minute trip to the architect office that planned this place out would have yielded. We may as well be going in there blind." she took a deep breath, visibly straining herself to remain calm, "Let. This. Be. The last time I see this kind of last-minute scribble passed onto me under the misguiding name of 'intelligence'."

Without a further word, the tactician took up a spot at the back of the helicopter, suitably located to give her a fair view of the others, "The rest of you, get on board!" she snarled at the few unfortunates still loafing by the chopper, "We'll have a briefing once everyone is where they should already be."

'Incompetents...' she thought for herself, massaging her temples in an attempt to avoid a headache later down the line, '...I'm surrounded by incompetents.'

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ugh... I hate these uniforms. Wouldn't it be more discreet in our street clothes... Bristol whined to himself as he removed his clothing. Then he repeated to himself one part of the Rocket Code: 'To strike fear into those we encounter, we wear the uniform with our blazing insignia, so they know exactly who they are dealing with.' His Banette was sitting on the bench in front of him, giggling with glee. She enjoyed seeing anyone in despair, even her master. How about I make you wear one of these uniforms too you little brat.

But sir, I am nothing but a simple ghost. Your earthly clothing wouldn't be able to sit on my shoulders, Banette said before falling into another fit of giggles.

I'm sure there's a way I could get a nice, big R on your chest, Bristol said with a devious grin on his face. Banette snarled and stood, slowly floating up into the air. Why are you so restless anyway? We are departing soon anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty of people to torture soon enough. Plus, we're going to the Ruins of Alph, one of the five landmarks in the world full of psychic energy. This is where we thrive. Banette fluttered around his head as he pulled on his top. She didn't respond to his statements, just giggling and dancing in the air. Bristol rolled his eyes and pulled on his pants. They felt a little tight.

"Damn my growing body. I wish it would stop already. I'm tired of having to get my uniforms constantly refitted," Bristol snarled as he struggled to zip up his pants. "Bah, there! Good enough! BLASTED UNIFORM!" A wave of psychic energy bursted from him, short circuiting a nearby television. "No matter. Let's go!" Bristol burst from the changing room, his Banette closely behind. They walked to the helicopter and hopped on. Bristol took the nearest open seat and sat down. He pulled out Banette's Pokeball and returned her to her confines. He closed his eyes, ignoring everyone else on the helicopter.

His mind shot to the Ruins of Alph, where he had been once before. He had collected a few Unown for studying. Bristol couldn't recall a base being built anywhere on the grounds, so it must of been either well hidden or not built yet. It was hard for him to concentrate with the multitude of energy emanating from his coworkers. Some were flustered, others were nervous, some oblivious to the world. He knew not what was going to happen. Bristol wished the helicopter would depart already.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • The moment Bristol finally saw fit to board the chopper, Parse lifted her gaze from the notebook, "Right. Everyone." though she kept her voice level, there was just a hint of her previous tension behind it to make it perfectly clear she would not tolerate interruption, "Sit down, shut up, and listen. Thanks to the marvelous efforts of our enterprising little 'rhinestone', we shall have to pretend that this," she held up a sketchy-looking floor plan of a reverse-U shaped structure, its interior further divided into four smaller rooms on each side, with a central chamber whose exits branched out in both ways. Various cryptic notes crowded the margins of the picture, circles and crosses located here and there, depicting various points of entry and suspected troop positions. Even with this preparation, however, it was clear that the tactician was far from pleased with it, "Is an even relatively reliable depiction of what we are about to face."

She took a deep breath, distractedly forcing a half-unraveled pigtail back into submission as she continued, "What you see here, if you put a little faith into it, is a g-men base constructed to obstruct passage between us and our first target: the ruins of Alph. The thicker lines are doors separating the various rooms from each other, and the ones noted in yellow are special." she jabbed an index finger at the two differently colored lines separating the side partitions from the central chamber, "These doors are especially well reinforced and can only be operated by means of the two control switches here and here." she pointed out two rings on the schematic, one on each side of the building, "As another interesting wrinkle, the switches are wired in such a way as to only operate the door on the opposite side of the complex. In other words, unless both are triggered, we may as well trigger none." a tiny hint of something that might have passed for a smile under very loose definitions crossed her features, "...which is precisely how we will go about this."

She clapped her hands authoritatively, "Team Division. Boys handle the right, girls the left. Nice and simple, so I sincerely hope that none of you," her glance lingered briefly on Gale at this point, "Can find a way to get this mixed up. The teams will be led by the Topaz," she gave the briefest of nods in Gareth's direction, "and myself. Emerald, Jade, you are the designated breakers of your respective teams. Once your team reaches the far-side room, you shall break through the walls, here, and here." she indicated the rooms on each side of the central chamber, specifically the red crosses marked on each, "Yes, you all heard me correctly." she added to forestall any objections, "Break. Through. This." she jabbed an index finger at the central chamber, "Is one of the most glaringly obvious spots for an ambush I have ever seen. We have received no confirmation of troop number of stationing, but even the incompetent in charge of this managed to make one thing clear: Cynthia of the G-men black ops is present in the base, and I know how that woman thinks. If she spots anything suspicious, she will act on it, and so I want to stress one thing to all of you."

She let her gaze travel across the gathered gems, "Do not, I repeat, do not let anything in your behavior hint at the true nature of our plan until you reach the last room. As far as the g-men who will undoubtedly be following our progress through surveillance systems are concerned, we are seeking to unlock the sealed doors through the switch system as expected, and we have to maintain that illusion as long as possible. Garnet," her gaze snapped to Aidan in turn, "I gather from your file that you are in the possession of a Rotom. If you can do so without attracting undue attention, try to slip it into the base's circuitry and have it disrupt the power flow to the doors and cause whatever other trouble it can. Once we break through, we will switch to team formation number two."

She indicated the vague patch on the map that they were invited to think of as the entrance to the ruins of Alph, "Team one will consist of me, the Emerald, and the Garnet. We will be breaking into the ruins and disposing of the seal. Team two, you will be in charge of defending the ruin entrance and delaying the g-men as far as possible. Amber," she gave a nod in Seras's direction in turn, "You are this team's trapping specialist, so you're in charge. The rest of you will act as support and carry out her instructions without fail." she seemed particularly focused on Bristol and Khael at this point, "Fail to do so and I assure you that your necks will be the first on the line out there. Now," she snatched the schematic back and stashed it in-between the pages on her note block, "If any of you have any questions, ask them quickly and ask them now. Otherwise, prepare for the worst and try not to screw up, no matter how badly some of you would be tempted to act as such. When encountering g-men, kill first, ask questions later."

She folded her arms and shut her eyes, leaning back in her seat.

"Briefing concluded."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Seated behind the pilot's chair, Aidan was checking the straps on a parachute pack when Bristol arrived. Promptly following the Beryl's entrance to the helicopter, Parse began a team meeting. Leaving the parachute on the ground where (hopefully) no one would trip over it, Aidan turned and looked at the map the tactician was holding out for the benefit of those present--though "benefit" was a word Parse was unlikely to use except when threatening or criticizing someone. In fact, by her current tone, the Amethyst seemed to suggest that using this map as a guide was about as reliable as using a sandcastle for a fortress. "I'm beginning to think this lady's always angry just on principle," Aidan mused to himself as he matched map locations to Parse's words. Sure the map isn't perfect. But it's something--and definitely more than most of us have probably had to go on in some missions. Then for a moment, Parse seemed--well, not happy, but maybe a little less angry--which Aidan found more noteworthy than her plan to go crashing through a couple walls. The plan made sense, but it was also hardly in accordance with the Illusionist's style. Also noteworthy was the Emerald's apparent lack of involvement in giving pre-mission directions. Despite not being the official strategist, she was still the team leader.

Hearing his title, the Garnet looked up from the map.

"I gather from your file that you are in the possession of a Rotom. If you can do so without attracting undue attention, try to slip it into the base's circuitry and have it disrupt the power flow to the doors and cause whatever other trouble it can. Once we break through, we will switch to team formation number two."

Aidan briefly nodded his assent. Getting Imp into the system won't be the problem. Limiting the damage he causes and getting him to come back is where things are in doubt. Putting aside that problem for the moment, the trainer gave his attention to the remaining directions being given. Once the entrance to the Ruins of Alph was reached, the team was apparently going to redivide and try some type of bottleneck technique--with one group staying behind to stopper any G-men while the second group went for the seal. Looks like I get to go in the ruins . . . Heh, lucky me. Sounds more enjoyable than open battle, especially with so many teammates to keep my illusions from. I wonder if any G-men are stationed inside the ruins . . . When Parse opened the floor for questions, Aidan considered asking, then decided against it. She's already irritated enough about the way recon went, and making her any angrier might make her unbearable to team up with. Besides, what bothers me more is . . .

Though his eyes could not be seen behind his mask, Aidan seemed to be looking at Parse as he asked simply , "How do we get out?"

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Her head throbbed to the point it almost hurt to stand. This was unexpected. She didn't think just getting close to the seals would make the limiters on her act this way but in truth, she hadn't expected much of what had happened to happen and yet it did so without her consent in the first place. Her eyes still wide open and her arms crossed over her middle, she seemed to be paying attention to what Parse was saying but inwardly, she couldn't help but ignore every single little world, caught up in things she didn't dare speak of. The more the obnoxious pain was in the tips of her fingers, the more she became used to it and after awhile, it didn't bother her any longer. I need to get ahold of myself. As far as I know, none of these people know of the limiter placed on me and they wouldn't believe me if I told them. Heh… Kain was right. The less I speak, the better off I'll be. Inhaling deeply, her eyes closed for a moment before she stood up as Parse wrapped up her lecture before she lifted a heavily padded hand to the metal rings above her head, pulling herself to the door before she pulled it open, yelling over the sound of the wind, "I'll answer that one Parse." One hand on the doorframe, one on the interior roof, she looked directly over at the young Garnet, her eyes catching as close to his own as he'd allow, "Breaking the seal is going to cause one hell of a commontion and that's going to be Cynthia's main focus, I know this for a fact. The goal is to wait til the main forces slip past us to try and damage control the seal shrine area and then run like living hell. There's no easy way beyond that. If we run into opposition, we take it out. So in addition to that, remember you are Gems, for some of you this is a relatively first mission in this rank. You answer to me and the boss himself and you are authorized to use whatever force nessacary to complete the mission. However, I discourage a killing spree, such things are a royal pain in the rear to clean up. Chute out and listen to your section leaders, we'll pause for a sort moment before the shrine team departs."

Closing her eyes, she simply tilted herself backwards, spinning once after a few short blissful seconds of free falling, her face now facing the ground. Hands extended, she rolled once to the side a soft smile spreading across her face as she fell like a rock towards the ground for a few more seconds before she pulled the red tab on her chute, flipping backwards as the black fabric rippled up into the air and caught, ending the uncontrolled fall and decreasing her speed tremendously. Still, it wasn't like she had no speed behind her and a shorter time than she'd estimated past before her feet were on the ground. Detaching the chute, she followed correct protocal in bundling it up and stashing it in the forest across from the entrance before ditching her outer gear ontop of it. Alright Mik, in and out, it'll hurt the least. Stretching for another minute or two, she pushed herself forward, almost silently slinking down the side of the cliff and towards the assigned side of the base, pressing herself up against the metal as she waited for the rest of her assigned team, Parse in particular. Going in solo was suicidal and even she would admit it this time.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Bristol listened to every word Parse slipped from her serpentine-like lips. He despised this woman. Everything about her wreaked negativity. But, as a loyal soldier, he listened to his commander without fail. She said don't screw up and Bristol assured himself he would do whatever possible to ensure that didn't happen. The energy in the room was tense. Every person on the helicopter was emanating a negative energy: whether it was nervousness or anger or... pain? He looked around, trying to figure out where that particular energy was emanating from. It was so strong, yet with so many people in a confined area, it was difficult to pinpoint the source.

Parse was clearly emanating the frustrated, angry energy. Everyone else seemed to be nervous. Bristol then fixed his eyes on Mika. While faint, he could tell her energy was different. However, she seemed adept at constraining the energy within her. No matter how many times he tried to access her mind, he was met by a roadblock.

"I assure you ma'am, I will not fail," Bristol said with intensity, cracking his neck in the process. He wouldn't let Giovanni down, especially this early on in the mission.

* kayla

i iz on yer internetz :O
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Gareth was a man that relied generally on first impressions. And the ones he had been so gifted with by his teammates for this particular mission where not so impressive. That tall blond appeared to follow Mika around like an intellectually challenged mongrel puppy. The fact that he deemed it necessary to drag along a useless infant pokemon was an additional point that seemed to inch Khael closer and closer into the 'Imbecile' category in Gareth's mind. The Amber Gem, who Gareth recognized as Seras, was predictably cool when entering the helicopter, and her ensemble left little the imagination. The eighteen year old took note of what he could recall from the hunter's profile, though even he couldn't manage to objectify the fact that she hunted and devoured pokemon. It was vaguely disgusting: the thought of making a meal out of any of his team, even Meeks, whose stupidity was unparalleled, was repulsive. The Sapphire hadn't made much of an impression upon him, though he was aware of her previous insubordination at the beginning of the mission, which put her in the running with Khael for the grand imbecile prize. The Garnet seemed respectable, really, if you could call Gareth's current lack of enmity to him as respect. The Beryl admittedly creeped him out. Besides the boy's youth, the power hidden behind the childish façade was probably enough to scare a less experienced man enough to provoke a change in uniform, really. And then there was Parse, the Amethyst that was quickly becoming a massive thorn in Gareth's side. The intelligence she'd received hadn't even come from him; and if he'd known that Neru was so incredibly slow-witted enough to hand over the basic crayon drawings as actual intelligence, he'd have made sure that the incompetent waste of breath would be on his way to Kain's office for help with the doctor's more obscure and deadly experimentations. Or a psych evaluation. Or both.

Throughout her rather annoying diatribe, the eighteen year old's face was devoid of all emotion but a slight evidence of an annoyed furrowing of his brow. It wouldn't do to respond in kind, the woman seemed enraged enough already, the last thing Gareth needed was her to be completely out for his blood. He would speak to her alone after their current task, or at least attempt to. He'd likely wait until she was in a less annoying mood and wasn't likely to maim him with a rusty pair of tweezers. That would make any sort of worthwhile participation in the mission incredibly difficult.

Of course Gareth had known from the beginning of the helicopter ride that the likely mode of transportation to the ground would be made via jump. It didn't make it any less daunting when he wordlessly walked towards the open door and stood there for a moment. One had gripped the strap of his parachute bag, the other holding secure to a handle near the opening. His fingers cracked audibly as he clutched the handle so tightly that his scarred knuckles were likely white within his gloves. If it wasn't obvious already, the cool and collected Gareth was scared crapless of heights. Wonderful. If only Neru could have waited until after the entire jumping escape to be an idiot. Then he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • With the briefing duly given, Parse remained silent in her seat, clearing her mind of outside disturbances to run over the big points of what she intended to do in her mind one more time. When Gareth choked and froze up by the door, however, her eyes opened, the tactician noiselessly slipping out of her seat and striding over to their newest team member.

"You have no breasts, and despite your manner, I am going to assume that you do have something you consider worth protecting between your legs. By this deduction, you are male and therefore part of team one." without offering the Topaz a chance to respond, she raised one foot and braced it firmly against his back, her hands grasping the handles on both sides as she unceremoniously shoved him forward towards the scenery racing below them, "Team one gets off here. Just ask when you need these things clarified in the future."

Her work thus finished, the tactician walked nonchalantly back to her seat, her eyes lingering on the remaining team members for the briefest of moments, "I trust that the rest of you know your personal anatomies well enough not to make a mistake on this matter."

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • His question answered by the Emerald, Aidan moved away from the helicopter door to put on his parachute--and, when no one seemed to be watching, unzip his jacket slightly to allow a piece of his shadow to break away and hide beneath it. After returning his jacket to its previous state, Aidan put on his parachute pack, tightened the straps, and made his way toward the open helicopter doorway once Parse had cleared it. The youth watched Gareth's descent with mild interest. Something tells me she would have kicked him out even if he didn't have a parachute . . . Ah, well, here I go. Just like flying with Clay. Taking in a slight breath, the trainer jumped out of the helicopter. But with no wings. And more falling. And I can't come back up the same way.

Though he knew he should be looking for his target landing point, for a brief moment Aidan allowed himself to merely take in the sight of the ground below. Various shades of green indicated areas of grass, bushes, and trees, while a dusty brown mottled in to indicate that the ruins still existed beneath the carpet of moss and vines. Then, amidst the finery of nature sat the G-men base--hiding with all the subtlety of a Groudon crouched in a patch of tall grass. Recalling the way Parse had held the map and her directions, Aidan tilted himself slightly to one side and pulled his parachute open. As the cloth billowed into its characteristic vaguely balloon-like shape, a dry smile crossed the Garnet's features. Rocket black, huh? Should have gone with a blue parachute.

Once he reached the ground, Aidan ran for a few meters, gradually slowing as he countered the momentum built up by his fall. After coming to a stop, the trainer steadied himself as he registered his surroundings. A few seconds later he took off his parachute and dragged it to the edge of the nearest covered area. Aidan quietly folded and stowed the parachute before searching for his squadmates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back