• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Franchises You'd Like to See Revived

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead - just to name my biggest desires. I'd also happily take another console Animal Crossing. ;)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • SNK-Playmore itself is a company that needs a revival but anyway:
    I put my things in spoiler tags to not have walls of texts so...

Metal Slug.
    Spoiler:

Samurai Shodown.
    Spoiler:

and to branch out of SNK-Playmore;

Also NBA Jam. Yes, the only basketball game that I've ever loved, as well as others who didn't like the endless amounts of NBA titles out there. NBA Jam was everything i liked in a sports game.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • This is gonna be longer post because I'm literally gonna skim through my whole collection to find series that I haven't heard from in a long time.

Mega Man series - be it a revival of the main series, Battle Network, Star Force, Zero, ZX, Legends... whatever! I just want another Mega Man game! And the more I see of Mighty No 9, the more I feel that I'll be disappointed when it finally comes out. It's being led by the guy who drew the Mega Man designs.

Final Fantasy Tactics series - Tactics A2 for the DS was amazing imo, but a lot of people were turned off by it because it seemed like it was trying to appeal to younger audiences. I personally didn't mind it, but seeing another gritty entry to the FF Tactics franchise would be great. Or Tactics Ogre.

Sonic - are you kidding me? With such widely enjoyed classics such as Sonic '06, Sonic Boom, and Sonic's Schoolhouse, this franchise should be milked for all it's worth.

Paper Mario series - I know it's been getting a steady stream of remakes, but what I think everyone wants is a revival of the style of the first two entries. M&L Paper Jam is coming out (so it sort of counts because it's a crossover), but it's not out yet in NA so I'll judge after that.

EarthBound series - come on. This entire series is pure gold, absolutely beautiful. Itoi has expressed that he has no motivation to continue it. The thing is, the framework of all his work already exists. It would take some studying of the series and what makes them so charming, but it's totally possible. Hell, there are hundreds of EB fangames, even a fanmade Mother 4. It's wishful thinking, but I could see Toby Fox, the guy who did UnderTale and also did an EarthBound ROM hack, being able to recreate the magic of EarthBound.

Team Ico - where's The Last Guardian, guys?

Call of Duty - this series is completely underrated.

Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku series - these games were my childhood, but were pretty obscure. I love the mix of action RPG with the world of DBZ. So many possibilities: they could use the world of the original Dragon Ball, or GT, or any of the movies.

Monster Hunter series - something on console or PC. Handheld is awesome, but I wanna see dem monsters on the big screen. Graphiks. Sound system. You get the picture.

Titanic - we need to see more movie-to-video game adaptations of Titanic. Preferrably in the style of Pokémon, where you can catch and train all the passengers, maybe even catch the iceberg.

Chrono series - Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were astounding. They had deep worlds and great gameplay. Cross was loosely connected to Trigger, so maintained continuity, but wasn't dragged down by trying to mimic what Trigger did.

Gaia series- Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma had incredible ideas, and were thematically connected, but each did different things with their concepts. Their storytelling and worldbuilding were well-done. I'd love to see the idea of creating the universe from scratch explored in an RPG again.

Bubsy - I wanna see Bubsy VR.

Back