• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Free_Pokemon Forum???

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    Where is it? It seems to have vanished here. Did you guys remove it? I mean there's nothing we've done wrong; I don't understand why do you guys have to be so mean! It seems to have been removed from public access... not even a warning, or whatever.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've no idea. I've just logged on into a spare account just to see if the forum was offlimits to members, apparently, due to me not being able to see it on that account, it is hidden from the public eye.

EDIT ~ Ok, now it's viewable again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    ok thanks... i was just a bit concerned why the forum was missing. But, if it's fixed, I have no complaints. =)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    There's a placeholder for the site, currently. And the forum itself was turned back on by Steve earlier today, if you mean that. Andy was just justifying its hidden...ness. o.o;

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    WHat makes you think that #f_p is gone? It's still on dejatoons. If the channel has a founder, then the channel still survives regardless of the users.

If this is where one complains, I would have complained that putting the channel's forum on hidden is an abuse of forum's powers, as I am the successor of the channel. Hence, I have the right to know FIRST before you guys decided to remove the forum. Thank you.

Also, since PM took all the staffs away from FP, I have no way to get help from folks at FP releasing stuff, unless I get our people from other groups (make 10 or more) to help. I hope you can understand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Pichus said:
    WHat makes you think that #f_p is gone? It's still on dejatoons. If the channel has a founder, then the channel still survives regardless of the users.

If this is where one complains, I would have complained that putting the channel's forum on hidden is an abuse of forum's powers, as I am the successor of the channel. Hence, I have the right to know FIRST before you guys decided to remove the forum. Thank you.

Also, since PM took all the staffs away from FP, I have no way to have anyone to help from FP releasing stuff unless I get our people from many other groups (make 10 or more) to help. I hope you can understand.
    You have no jurisdiction on how this forum supports #Free though. So those are unfounded accuasations.

And Pokemon isn't dying D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    No, I'm not making an accusation. Read what Arcanine said:

Arcanine said:
    Today 06:03 PM
    Arcanine #F_P is gone, so why should the forum still be there? That's why I turned it off for members.

That justifies my statement.

If you were to own that channel or place as cofounder of that channel and suddenly the admin puts the channel on private, what will you think? I'm sure you will have the same feeling as what I am now in. Hence, I was just concerned, not accusing here.

And, I removed the line Pokemon is dying, because I know it will madden people. So please, next time if it's edited out (aka it's not shown in your quote), please don't mention it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pichus said:

Also, since PM took all the staffs away from FP, I have no way to get help from folks at FP releasing stuff, unless I get our people from other groups (make 10 or more) to help. I hope you can understand.
    It's not that, it's that the forum is a relatively very inactive forum. There's really not much need for it as it's almost never posted in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    Ok, I understand that. But there's a problem between IRC and forums.

How many guys here use IRC? I know you have thousands of members here, but only like at most 100 users come to the IRC, but only like 10-20 users or less are active there. People who started using the IRC tend to stay away from the forums. People who use the forum would stay away from the IRC. They're like different cultures. I, myself, prefer the IRC, so I don't use the forums at all. I was a forum guy like a few years ago (8-10 years ago), when I noticed that IRC is more enjoyable than forums. Well, I started using IRC before I started forum, but I was very inactive on both sides.

Also, the fp forum has been very inactive for a couple of years, as far as I can see. It's just not as active as any parts on this community... That's because IRC and Forum should never get intertwined.

Well, I don't see FP forum a waste of space, bandwidth, or it disrupts other users. So, there must have been another reason to put it hidden =\ I'm happy that FP is still on PC, and if you keep us here, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you =)

I asked steve to remove the mainsite, because i feel that forum would be enough. Also, we don't have website staffs, and I'm very busy with other stuff, so I won't be able to work on it. Hence, the forum must remain.

It would be nice though
    https://freepokemon.com gets redirected to FP forum... I don't mind if the mainsite is a forum.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    Airashii said:
    I made a suggestion that would substitute for the uselessness of #F_P. Even after 35 posts, it's still being ignored.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58663

Sorry, you haven't defined what "useless" means. And, I'm not going to reply there, since you're directly insulting the channel without any justifications.

Also, the channel is meant to serve official Pokemon stuff, including games, movies, and episodes. Your digital medias, however, are fanart. Go look for a dedicated server and host your own. Dedicated servers are relatively inexpensive nowadays. You can get a 10Mbit unmetered for $100/mo or less, or a 100Mbit shared unmetered for $150 (crappy FDC) or more. Then, you can create your own community, hosting your own medias. Of course, you can even host your IROFFER bots on the channel that you can create your own. That's how big IRC channels are form in the first place.

Without a server or a host, you can't do anything. I doubt the current servers would allow digital medias. (i.e. 4chan used at least 80Mbit/s or around 25TB/mo). Sorry, it won't go through.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2006
    Yeah true... At the moment, I only support official stuff, not fanstuff... That's why I used my server to serve some of those "medias."

Back