• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mixed Multimedia

Should this idea be implemented?

• Total voters

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I was originally going to suggest this as a forum that could substitute for the uselessness of #F_P, but then started to realise that this would be better off as a category, like so:

- Mixed Multimedia (category)
    -- Digital Arts
    --- The Jukebox (music)
    --- Movie Theatre (videos aka episodes/movies/music videos/whatever)
    --- Pixel Art
    ---- Trainer Cards and Sprite Comics
    --- Profile Graphics (avatar/banners)
    -- Art Gallery
    --- Computer Graphics (art drawn from scratch on the computer, photo manipulation, etc.)
    -- Emulation (ROM hacking forum, discussion goes in main)
    --- Tutorials and Help
    --- Hacking Tools
    --- Hack Showcase
    ---- Group Works
    -- Game Development
    --- Tutorials and Help
    -- Resources (main forum is for art resources and such, subs are for requesting)
    --- Art Requests
    --- Music and Video Requests
    --- Other Media Requests

Anything I'm missing? Opinions?

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    J00 2ble p0st3d!! B@N HIM!! B@N HIM!!!!!11one XD

I find the Mixed Multimedia section you suggest nice. But profile graphics'd probably do better inside Art Gallery.
    The Resources .. looks just another utilities forum to me. You can already request art in the shops in Art Gallery, and multimedia requests, I think the "Clip Request" "Song Request" threads in Pokemon General would do. Unless of course you're aiming for multimedia outside Pokemon..

No yay, no nay .. yet. I think I'm going to vote after I know if you have anything else in mind, and what the others think of this.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    J00 2ble p0st3d!! B@N HIM!! B@N HIM!!!!!11one XD
    The alternative was letting the thread sink away where nobody would see it, and eventually die.

The Resources .. looks just another utilities forum to me. You can already request art in the shops in Art Gallery, and multimedia requests, I think the "Clip Request" "Song Request" threads in Pokemon General would do. Unless of course you're aiming for multimedia outside Pokemon..
    That was part of my plan - separating rating threads from request threads.

And that subforum would replace those threads.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    TyTy said:
    The alternative was letting the thread sink away where nobody would see it, and eventually die.
    You do get a joke when you see one .. don't you?

TyTy said:
    That was part of my plan - separating rating threads from request threads.

And that subforum would replace those threads.
    Meh, a thread for every request? O.o;; You'd get two pages of threads each day with around two of them completed. That is, if people request there like I'm imagining they would. Well of course .. bring #Free_Pokemon into discussion here .. what would be of this forum? Well yeah, you can't request things here and all. But how come I get the feeling you're trying to replace it somehow?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    About the profile graphics one...what would youu do there? If you're showing off your banner/sig, you can just do it at the funtime 'rate the sig/banner' threads.

Also for art requests...I'm thinked that'd be kinda n00bish with people coming in saying they want this, like this, hold, that, until it becomes something that's too picky or a request that's too general. The title for that should be more of 'Art Marketplace' or something along that. You should also have subforums for the different types of art, like Pixel, CG's, sketches, and Profile themes. Yeah, that'd be nice ^-^

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Chibberz has shops in mind .. if there IS to be a subforum with graphics/art shops as the catagory, well, she's covered it all I guess. Only thing is Trainer Cards should have its own subforum too. Pixels would be overrun by TCard requests than sprites and other art without it.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Chibi-chan said:
    About the profile graphics one...what would youu do there? If you're showing off your banner/sig, you can just do it at the funtime 'rate the sig/banner' threads.
    *shrug* People already do that in the graphics forum.

Chibi-chan said:
    Also for art requests...I'm thinked that'd be kinda n00bish with people coming in saying they want this, like this, hold, that, until it becomes something that's too picky or a request that's too general. The title for that should be more of 'Art Marketplace' or something along that. You should also have subforums for the different types of art, like Pixel, CG's, sketches, and Profile themes. Yeah, that'd be nice ^-^
    I said my plan was to separate rating threads from request threads, not to encourage stupidity. But since just about every forum has its own rules, surely the moderators could make that a rule for that forum.

You do get a joke when you see one .. don't you?
    It wasn't funny, so I didn't take it as one.

Meh, a thread for every request? O.o;; You'd get two pages of threads each day with around two of them completed. That is, if people request there like I'm imagining they would.
    I said my plan was to separate rating threads from request threads, not to encourage stupidity. But since just about every forum has its own rules, surely the moderators could make that a rule for that forum.

Well of course .. bring #Free_Pokemon into discussion here .. what would be of this forum? Well yeah, you can't request things here and all. But how come I get the feeling you're trying to replace it somehow?
    As I already said, I am.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I'll say yes but its gonna go through =/ David wont even put in a sign up thread for other Role Play >O but meh~ We'll hafta see now wont we XD

You could always talk to Uncle Andy o.o I know he would say no though so dont try it XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Airashii said:
    *shrug* People already do that in the graphics forum.

It wasn't funny, so I didn't take it as one.

As I already said, I am.
    Meh.. 'nuff reasons for me. This gets a yay. =3

Now then, yeah. Lets see if this actually gets through. >.< And if you want a sign on the subforum description, bug the staff enough and they'll give in. ^_~

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    my question is why do you propose rom hacking in this catagory?

I've always understood it to be more of a programing or game related topic then media..

your suggestions for the media stuff looks ok tho..

Years
    If this whole idea doesn't go though (It looks good, I think, I wouldn't mind seeing it :3), we should at least get a seperate area for requests. There's alot of request threads. It's one of the things that had always bothered me since I've joined, because I always wanted to review sprites... ^^; It'd be great to be able to have threads just to comment on art.

That's my opinion. Not worth much, I know, but I wanted to get it out.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    You didn't read the second part then o.o
    Why not just flip it instead of people asking for art, how about shops FOR art? Then the shopowner can set their own rules.
    -No oodles of posts
    -Fewer n00b threads
    -Less modding

Btw...I didn't get any gold for replying to the poll D< You poll- *bricked*

Sammi said:
    It'd be great to be able to have threads just to comment on art.

You can do that already o.o;

Years
    Chibi-chan said:
    You can do that already o.o;

I know. But back when I was activte at HotS, it was mostly request threads. It flooded it back then. I don't know too much about now, since I'm not there too much.

Meh, I worded that wrong >>;;

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Actually I put no, but now that I look at it, I like it alot. I really think that music and movies need SEPARTE forums. And I think that rom hacking needs its own forum out of pokemon....since hacking can be more than just pokemon.

Kurosaki

David wont even put in a sign up thread for other Role Play >O but meh~ We'll hafta see now wont we XD
    Because you've made what? 6 RP posts? How dare I question your authority on that matter? =o

We don't really need more forums, do we? These aren't necessary things. Oo

Last edited:

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    Because you've made what? 6 RP posts? How dare I question your authority on that matter? =o

I was only making a point to ty XD

Seeing as he does want more forums we dont need x_x

I mean yeah some of those wouldnt be a bad idea. We're not thinking about the amount of n00bs one here that would only spam up those forums as well. It wouldnt help much I dont think but meh XD No one listens to little Insane Kimi these days~ XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kurosaki said:
    The majority of my suggestion involved re-arranging existing forums, so you wouldn't notice.

PPNSteve said:
    my question is why do you propose rom hacking in this catagory?
    Well ROMs are media, so I figured reprogramming media would fit there quite well.

Back