• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Trivia time!!!

Generation I introduced the most Ice-type moves of any generation, with six, and Generation VI introduced the fewest Ice-type moves, with only one.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I never joined this one, so why not?

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner: Sneasel

What is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon?
Sneasel is my favorite because of its design, Speed, and Attack. I do like Weavile too, but I am a fan of the original more. It was fun to watch in the anime as well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I never joined this one, so why not?

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner: Sneasel

What is your favorite Ice-type Pokémon?
Sneasel is my favorite because of its design, Speed, and Attack. I do like Weavile too, but I am a fan of the original more. It was fun to watch in the anime as well.

Welcome to the club. Sneasel is a vile little cat, but I recall trying my best to capture one in the Ice Path on my Crystal version. I sure miss playing that game, it corrupted and erased 5-6 years worth of data. :( Weavile is awesome too, love the design.

Wicked3DS

Years
Sob story time: I was sleeping over my friend's house and in Mt. Silver, managed to find and catch a Shiny Sneasel (this was in HeartGold). The sad part? I started my games over and forgot to trade Sneasel (and three other shinies) out of it before I reset. That has to be my biggest Pokémon fail ever.

And yes, Crystal is a fantastic game, sadly it is so expensive because I totally would love to get my hands on it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to have a dozen of ice-types in my Platinum version. Of them all, my most favorite was Abomasnow, as it was IV-bred (done by my friend) and had moves that were good for competitive battling. Sadly, I wound up forgetting to transfer it over to Pokémon Black before trading Platinum in, and it was all lost, along with plenty of other of my valuable Pokémon. If only I were more careful and aware.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Apologies for the lack of activity from myself in the club. I'll try to catch up! :)

Gen six only had one ice-type move introduced? Oh, that would be Freeze-Dry, right? That move is really scary on water-types. It's...brrrrr. xD

Did I mention that I have an rockin' awesome Aurorus on my X team? I've yet to teach it Freeze Dry yet, plus I'm also wanting an Amaura with Snow Warning.

Years
Speaking of ice moves... I always forget Sheer Cold exists. My mind is blown as I type this. @_@;

But yeah, I do wish I had more ice types on my teams. They don't tend to be very common so I always wind up with a fire, water, flying, grass, electric, and so on.. if I have an ice type it's more than likely its secondary type (like Lapras). Hopefully OR/AS will be different. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Sob story time: I was sleeping over my friend's house and in Mt. Silver, managed to find and catch a Shiny Sneasel (this was in HeartGold). The sad part? I started my games over and forgot to trade Sneasel (and three other shinies) out of it before I reset. That has to be my biggest Pokémon fail ever.

And yes, Crystal is a fantastic game, sadly it is so expensive because I totally would love to get my hands on it.

Oh man, that sucks big time. Crystal is a great game for the time it was released. Suicine as the mascot, the Battle Tower being a new feature and so many more surprises. I miss it so much, it sucked badly when mine dried up and erased all the data.

I used to have a dozen of ice-types in my Platinum version. Of them all, my most favorite was Abomasnow, as it was IV-bred (done by my friend) and had moves that were good for competitive battling. Sadly, I wound up forgetting to transfer it over to Pokémon Black before trading Platinum in, and it was all lost, along with plenty of other of my valuable Pokémon. If only I were more careful and aware.

Hope you can start over and obtain an Abomasnow like that again. He is a competitive battler, and if you give him the right moves and all, he could even stand up to his x4 weakness to Fire.

Apologies for the lack of activity from myself in the club. I'll try to catch up! :)

Gen six only had one ice-type move introduced? Oh, that would be Freeze-Dry, right? That move is really scary on water-types. It's...brrrrr. xD

Did I mention that I have an rockin' awesome Aurorus on my X team? I've yet to teach it Freeze Dry yet, plus I'm also wanting an Amaura with Snow Warning.

Yes, it's Freeze-Dry. I remember the original Articuno card having it as an ability. Now it's a real move and ironically, Articuno can learn it. Mine has it and it helps against Water-types for sure.

Speaking of ice moves... I always forget Sheer Cold exists. My mind is blown as I type this. @_@;

But yeah, I do wish I had more ice types on my teams. They don't tend to be very common so I always wind up with a fire, water, flying, grass, electric, and so on.. if I have an ice type it's more than likely its secondary type (like Lapras). Hopefully OR/AS will be different. :)

I haven't used Sheer Cold yet but it being a one-hit KO is pretty awesome. There needs to be a one-hit KO for each type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, Abomasnow is pretty great.

Has anyone ever tried Aboma-Walrein combination? I personally haven't, but have went up against it before while battling online, and it's quite... annoying, I suppose, haha. Although it's bothersome to the foe, it's still fun to utilize as a user, I'd say. The strategy could even win entire matches for you single-handedly.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Oh, really? I haven't tried this combo before, but Abomasnow is pretty good in battling for sure, especially if it's going Mega. I guess I must try use it more.

And sorry for not being active lately.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Yeah, Abomasnow is pretty great.

Has anyone ever tried Aboma-Walrein combination? I personally haven't, but have went up against it before while battling online, and it's quite... annoying, I suppose, haha. Although it's bothersome to the foe, it's still fun to utilize as a user, I'd say. The strategy could even win entire matches for you single-handedly.

That's a scary duo. I have seen that some want a Mega Walrein in addition to the others. That would be something.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
Years
Please consider me.

Username: ZenonPrototype (It's easier that way.)
Partner: Glaceon (Her name is Glacia)

What is your favorite Ice-Type Pokemon?
Mine is obviously Glaceon, not for stats, not for moves, but for appearance. I adore the Ice-Type influence in it's design. Also, I am a fan of it's Pokemon cry. Also, more importantly, Glaceon is an Eeveelution (I think that's right, and undoubtedly the best one), and I am ecstatic about those.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Please consider me.

Username: ZenonPrototype (It's easier that way.)
Partner: Glaceon (Her name is Glacia)

What is your favorite Ice-Type Pokemon?
Mine is obviously Glaceon, not for stats, not for moves, but for appearance. I adore the Ice-Type influence in it's design. Also, I am a fan of it's Pokemon cry. Also, more importantly, Glaceon is an Eeveelution (I think that's right, and undoubtedly the best one), and I am ecstatic about those.

Welcome to the club. Oh my goodness, I love Glaceon too, she is beautiful and amazing. Even better, she is part of the Eeveelutions, which I adore. Just wish how I could make her stronger when I use her in battle.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
Years
On the recent topic of Sheer Cold, I finally achieved OP results with my Smeargle!

Name: Smeargle (Nickname: Troller)
Moves: Guillotine, Lock-On, Fissure, Sketch.

Anyone want to help me get Sheer Cold?

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
Oooo i am interested in ice types!
I want to join!♥

Username: Dots
Partner: Glaceon

What is your favoriteIce-Type Pokémon?
It would be Glaceon and Articuno. Glaceon because its cute and part of the Eeveelutions and I love Eevee, which means like its evolutions too. I prefer my Glaceon to be Female. Articuno because it's awesome. I have an astounding combo by my Articuno. I easily beated Gary(LG) by using Articuno's moves... "Mind Reader (so it wont miss) then Sheer Cold (one hit) then BOOM! Faint goes that Blastoise!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to ice-type club, Dots!

Articuno is one of my favorites as well, haha. In general, I love how it looks; to me, it's simply beautiful. Due to similar reasons, I'm also quite fond of Glaceon. Though, what sucks is that I personally don't find myself using these Pokémon when battling competitively, as I find them to be sort of difficult to utilize. Would have definitely used them more often if it weren't for that.

Wicked3DS

Years
Articuno is pretty cool (yay for puns), I'm a fan of all the Legendary Birds. Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of Glaceon only because I like Vaporeon, who can use Ice-type moves pretty well with its good Special Attack. It also has a better movepool, so sorry Glaceon fans, I usually pass on it, but it's still not a bad Pokémon.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Oooo i am interested in ice types!
I want to join!♥

Username: Dots
Partner: Glaceon

What is your favoriteIce-Type Pokémon?
It would be Glaceon and Articuno. Glaceon because its cute and part of the Eeveelutions and I love Eevee, which means like its evolutions too. I prefer my Glaceon to be Female. Articuno because it's awesome. I have an astounding combo by my Articuno. I easily beated Gary(LG) by using Articuno's moves... "Mind Reader (so it wont miss) then Sheer Cold (one hit) then BOOM! Faint goes that Blastoise!

Welcome to the club. Another Glaceon fan. She is becoming quite popular. I prefer her to be female too (For the Eeveelutions, I prefer Glaceon, Vaporeon, Espeon and Sylveon to be female, and Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon and Leafeon to be male). Articuno is probably my favorite Ice-type, due to its legendary status, color, design and power. Never thought about using a Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo, I'll have to try that.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
Yay! I cant stop smiling! I could just faint in excitement! Thank you for accepting me! It's like I am a Sneasel being happy for succeeding in stealing one of the eggs from two Pokémon just hatched! (But! I don't like stealing eggs haha but I do like Sneasel!) One time when I was playing Pokémon Gold, (I already played crystal) I thought Sneasel can be found in Ice Path since it can be found there in Crystal. I looked everywhere in Ice Path but it turns out that Sneasel can't be found there! What the wha..?! I thought... oh I hate Gold! (But not completely... XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back