• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Froslass_Maniac's Pixel parade

How am I doing?

• Total voters
Years
  • Not bad! But some of your sprites arent that good, most of your scratched.

They are ok but could use a little work, try to think of the part that your using that your going to make scratch.

Look at a pokemon sprite for refrence that has something close to that, and focus on it, but dont make it exactly the same.
    Create a light sorce, and focus the shading on that source. Look at my pixel art, they all have a light sorce on the top left.

It would be best to make all of them like that. So you can get used to the light sorce.
    Thats all i kinda know about it, good luck with the rest.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • new one \o/
    Leocub_by_FroslassManiac.png

Leocub

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • new trainer sprite looks great! Anatomy and pose are nice, maybe a bit overused, but nice. What i really like here is the hair. I love how you still gave the long hair texture with the limited pallette that you had. The three blonds look great, and you managed to work them into good stream to create shading. Kudos to you on that. As for the ow... i'm not so much a fan... the hair looks tubular... almost like a banana... the feet also are a bit strange looking with the one little pixel on the bottom... you may want to consider redoing the shoes. The hat is nice, along with the clothes.

Great job frosslassmaniac... you've gotten sooo much better from when we first started! Keep it up!

Keep Spriting!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Some of the sprites there bother me, so I'll rattle them off.

Blazelion's flames are shaded very awkwardly, to the extent that it looks pillowshaded. The joints on the back leg are very jagged, and there seem to be multiple lightsources.

Dremacy also looks very awkward. The wings don't look as if they could support it in flight. For example, look at Aerodactyl's wings. The arms also seem to lack joints of any sort.

To correct the "no joints" problem that some of these have, use a stickfigure-type outline at first, then fill in the respective muscle.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Some of the sprites there bother me, so I'll rattle them off.

Blazelion's flames are shaded very awkwardly, to the extent that it looks pillowshaded. The joints on the back leg are very jagged, and there seem to be multiple lightsources.

Erhem.. to quote myself:
    Have to come up with a second type for its evolution. I gonna redo that one because it's a bit awkard xd

Dremacy also looks very awkward. The wings don't look as if they could support it in flight. For example, look at Aerodactyl's wings. The arms also seem to lack joints of any sort.
    I wondered why this
    149dragonite_sprite.gif
    one can even fly with such small wings..

To correct the "no joints" problem that some of these have, use a stickfigure-type outline at first, then fill in the respective muscle.

I'm not the kind of sticky-figure-making I all make them pixel by pixel with free hand it just feels better in my opinion. And dremacy isn't meant to have muscles.. ^-^;

Thanks for the crit anyway.

Years
  • If Leocub is supposed to be Whelame's evo I would expect it to be at least a little bigger and to look a little different. All that really stands out is the little flame on its head. The hind leg should stick out a little more instead of following the outline of the body and the front paw that's on top seems like its missing part its elbow.

Furub is too dark (compare it to Umbreon which uses a lighter palette and still looks dark) and you gave it the same eyes you give to Dremacy, Leocub, and Blazelion which in itself is not so bad, but the eye is a pretty simple black-white thing so it stands out awkwardly. If you look at Lapras' eye you'll see that even though it looks black and white there are some shades of grey mixed in.

Speaking of Lapras, Lapis needs some of its outlines lightened, particularly around the mouth and jaw. It also doesn't need any outline between the colors on its underside. Look to the Lapras sprite for help with both of these.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Aw, cute. But, the icicle sticking out in the middle seems to lack depth. I recommend changing it so it looks like an elongated pyramid. Also, why are the eyes on different faces?

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • Glacberg_by_FroslassManiac.png

Name: Glacberg
    Iceberg Pokémon
    Type: Ice/Rock
    Details: Glacberg float in the northen area's. They could be easily mistaken for real Icebergs, sometimes a boat accidently hits it and make it sink.

Woah, holy crap. This is some amazing shading, excellent job. But, uh... where's his face? I think I see some eyes, but I'm not quite sure... O_o

Huge improvement from your previous fakemon, though. Just got done reading your thread from start to finish and you've really made a noticeable improvement. That female trainer with the purple garb was also really well made!

Back