• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fuck!

Years
  • oof i interchange those terms around freely... hope i didn't give anyone the wrong impression. i'll need to get a dictionary D:

You can't. A slur is like the n word and a swear is just regular old fuck. Slur is basically a synonym for derogatory.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh, I literally have an IQ of 120, but, I don't like saying this because I don't like people to think I'm bragging about it.

Anyway, on topic, I do swear occasionally, but I don't make a point to swear every sentence I speak though.

Holy shit me too, fuck we are so bloody smart

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Eh, I literally have an IQ of 120, but, I don't like saying this because I don't like people to think I'm bragging about it.

Anyway, on topic, I do swear occasionally, but I don't make a point to swear every sentence I speak though.

Honestly this is such a mood.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    its an odd thing, and probably at least a little weighted by stereotype.

typically people that are unintelligent are thought to curse a lot, and there are those that do, and it speaks to their limited vocabulary. but also if your life is crap you're most likely gonna be more angry than the average person.

For me cursing is cathartic, there's even research that says cursing can actually ease pain, plus it doesn't hurt I think its dumb people attach so much meaning and offense to curse words. lol

You ever curse and watch a whole room get silent lol.

By this point cursing is like saying "stuff" or "thing" to me. But I stay conscious of it, and make sure I'm able to switch when I need to.
    Both because I'm aware of the perception, and because its an unconscious behavior, and like any other if you don't intentionally interrupt it,
    it'll run away from you.

Like if I constantly swore instead of trying to think of the word I'm missing, I won't be able to think of it when it matters, and I'd become more likely to slip up, because I'd not be in the habit of actually minding my words.
    So it's a matter of use it or lose it.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I used to not swear a lot and then I got to college at which point I started swearing a lot. Now I'm trying to reel it back in because unfortunately not a lot of people find it polite to just drop swears randomly.

Personally I don't think swearing equates to a lack of intellect since I know when I've been writing, sometimes there's no other words that properly deliver the emotions and feelings I'm trying to convey in a scene than something like "Fuck!!" And in some cases that's just how people talk, it's a point of characterization. So no I don't think it does because ultimately they're words just like anything else and at least in writing it's just a matter of how you use them that's important.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Cursing doesn't make you less intellgient, but slurs do.

Anyway, I curse a lot, but I kinda grew up around that sort of thing, so. =/ Apparently, cursing a lot is a New York stereotype or whatever, and I do live there, so yolo, I guess.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • When I'm really, EXTREMELY agitated, or some times it can slip in a casual conversation, if it gets a little heated.
    Which I never really use to do when I was younger; I only tend to do it more now as an "adult".

Back