• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Full Metal Alchemist Fan Club

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Mine has to be Pride. Sinister.
    Thought lust is pretty good too. She's smex.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    That was one of the most epic scenes in FMA:B. I really loved that part. Not really when he put his hands between her cleavage, though. XD; The way he killed Lust, I mean.

Oh, and talking about Mustang, here's a nice image I found:

Full Metal Alchemist Fan Club

Bay

Years
    Oh, nice Greed theme, Jayster! :D

Hm, while I'm here, I might as well mention this. Adult Swim will be airing Brotherhood again on January 9.. Real quick, it's mentioned the third arc of the show (the beginning of Briggs) is scheduled to air. Lol, I don't have cable but Adult Swim's website posts the episodes not long after it aired, so I'll most likely watch them when they're online.

I'm looking forward to see how the dub will handle this. The third arc is actually my favorite after the fifth one--Olivier Armstrong, the Briggs crew, Kimblee, the past in Ishval , what's not to love? :P

DJ Scruffy

You jelly, bro?
    Years
    So I have about 7 episodes to go until I finish the 2003 series.

..also, isn't Brotherhood just basically the same thing, but following the manga exactly? So there's not many changes, I'd guess. Probably not going to start that until they finish the English Dub, and right now they're only up to about 27 episodes...

Years
    So I have about 7 episodes to go until I finish the 2003 series.

..also, isn't Brotherhood just basically the same thing, but following the manga exactly? So there's not many changes, I'd guess. Probably not going to start that until they finish the English Dub, and right now they're only up to about 27 episodes...

Well, they aren't really the same thing. Brotherhood follows the manga storyline, which is actually pretty different from the 2003 anime storyline.

Waiting until they finish the English Dub could take awhile, (if they are only on the 27th episode out of like 64), why not try watching subbed?

DJ Scruffy

You jelly, bro?
    Years

Well, they aren't really the same thing. Brotherhood follows the manga storyline, which is actually pretty different from the 2003 anime storyline.

Waiting until they finish the English Dub could take awhile, (if they are only on the 27th episode out of like 64), why not try watching subbed?
    I dunno. I find it really disorienting having to focus on subtitles as opposed to the actual actions/speaking taking place. I felt that the English voice actors are pretty good as well, so it would be even more disorienting making the transition from familiar voices to reading text. D:

Bay

Years
    I might give that a look :3

All the episodes are already available on YouTube subbed, but it could be cool to see the Briggs arc in English!
    I watched the Briggs arc already on YouTube (and the rest of the episodes, haha), but really looking forward to how the dub will do the arc also. Want to know how the English voices of Olivier, Miles, and Buccaneer will fare. XD

And DJ Scruffy, yeah I'm like that too, but I'm impatient so I decided to watch the rest of the Brotherhood series subbed. XD I agree that the English voice actors did a great job with the characters.

Years
    For once the English voices are good.

I'm going to watch the 2003 series first. Only up to episode 5 at the moment got a lot to do.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I dunno. I find it really disorienting having to focus on subtitles as opposed to the actual actions/speaking taking place. I felt that the English voice actors are pretty good as well, so it would be even more disorienting making the transition from familiar voices to reading text. D:
    Oh you spoiled English speakers who aren't used to a little text~ ;D

Jokes aside, both series are good. But it doesn't take longer than ten episodes for Brotherhood to cover every single part of the 2003 that is canon. So Brotherhood really shows some new stuff in comparison.
    And they manage to fix every single plot hole and sum it all up petty well by the last episode, much unlike the 2003 series.

Years
    I liked both series, but I think that Brotherhood had much more to offer, since it followed the manga storyline.

Back