• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Full Pokedex Without Cheating

Years
  • Boxes do hold 493 pokemon, actually. 30 x 18 = 540
    You can hold an extra 6 in your party and 1 in the daycare with room to move. That's 547 in total.

I really couldn't be stuffed filling the pokedex. I've got better things to do. I'll finish FRs dex, then maybe I'll try Diamond.

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009
    Ya XD w/e like i would hold that much pokemon o_O and acutaly 549 you can store 2 pokemon in your daycare..

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I caught all 493 in Pearl (albeit I hacked a Shaymin and Arceus, and an Old Sea Map for Mew).

Now that I have Platinum, I'm going to do all of that again.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I have around 486 in my dex - and could easily finish it if I wanted too (No, I do not own an AR - for Arceus I simply asked my freidn to trade-trade back to get the Dex entry. As a matter of fact, I am trying to keep my Platinum game absolutely Hack-free - enough with the mini-explanation!)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    I Have a Japanese Friend Who Got An Arceus So I Traded It With Him For Pokemon Ranger Darkrai.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I thought of trying once, but it turned out harder than I thought. Maybe I might try one day in Pokemon Platinum though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I don't think I have the patience to try and fill the pokedex.
    I'd just get bored...and anyway, do you really get much afterwards?
    Except the right to truefully say 'I filled the pokedex' ?

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • Nope, never. I don't have the time or patience to track down almost 500 Pokemon to complete the worthless Pokedex, but I will have to eventually becuase I want a black TC, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Back