• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen FUSION POKEMON...... yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    This isn't some kind of Bakugan/Digimon thing, you know. <_>
    No, there shouldn't be fusions.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If you want this in a game, try Jade Cocoon 1 or two or PSX and PS2 respectively. Pokemon is not the type of game that will ever include something like this. It doesn't fit its feel or its audience appeal.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    omg your all imature. its yugioh! its bakuman! its not those, its who eeh nvm.

Maybe not at black and white. if nintendo thought enough of it, it might make a nice side game.
    but i wouldnt see it happeng in the 5th gen. i meant things in real life fuse. so there should be a pokemon species cant do so too! Yea cause animals transforming makes much more sense ^.^
    so to words:
    Its Pokemon

~countryemo
    two cents

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Everyone referrencing Yu-Gi-Oh! should try one of my world famous cups of STFU. Get it while it's hot. Now, while the idea is indeed silly, it's not really that similiar to YGO. There's plenty of other better examples.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Wow, what a bunch of undeserved flames being thrown around...way to be mature. >_>

The fact is that implementing a fusion system to Pokemon would create an absurd number of potential pokemon, with the current 493, the amount of combinations will skyrocket to a value that most standard calculators can't even handle...good luck if you're one of those people that still care about "catching them all". If you only allow certain pokemon to be fused, that creates an unfair exclusivity to all the other pokemon.

There are other things to consider, like the typing and base stat spread of the resulting pokemon. If one fused say...a Weedle and a Togekiss, what would their resulting typing be? bug/normal? Flying/poison? bug/flying? normal/poison? Also, by most logical ways of determining the resultant's base stats, (i.e. ways that won' make the resultant exceedingly overpowered) I can't imagine a Weedle/Togekiss being even as strong as Togekiss. :P

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    This is like Yugioh or Monster Ranchers...Stupidest. Idea. Ever. Burn in a fire...

I play Polymerization combining my Charmander with my Pikachu summoning Charmachu!!!

FUSION POKEMON...... yes or no

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, KIRBY CHU!

Theres a bomb in the base! (The base has all the fusion technology and equipment in it)
    Gees can anybody take care of it?
    Can't let you do that kirby chu!
    Satoshi can ordered us to take you down!

Last edited:

countryemo

Years
    An Awesome Poster :P said:
    i mean somethings in real life fuse. so there should be a pokemon species cant do so too! Yea cause animals transforming makes much more sense ^.^
    so to words:
    Its Pokemon

Just a quote, for you guys to chew on

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    いいえ, いいえ, いいえ, いいえ, いいえ, いいえ!
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!
    Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein!
    нет, нет, нет, нет, нет, нет, нет, нет!
    non, non, non, non, non, non, non, non!

Is this clear?

So that is a yes, yes?

There are already pokemon that do this like dugtrio and magneton where three of the same pokemon are used to make a new one, though this does not happen ingame. And there have been pokemon that need another pokemon to be in the party in order to evolve it. Heck there even has been a pokemon that evolves into two different pokemon at the same time if there is a pokeball and room in your party.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    i was thinking... and this is probably been brought up before....... black and white should incorporate fusion pokemon,, simply fusing 2 pokemon together to make 1 stronger pokemon... but it would be limited.. only allow

- only works for certain pokemon
    - only 2 pokemon can fuse... (no need for 3, 4, 5 pokemon fusions, simply just 2 pokemon fusions)

- both have to be a certain level before they can fuse.. for instance pokemon a and b have to be level 35 or above.. before they can fuse...

and when you got all your requirements, you go to for example Mr. Fusion, a guy that fuses pokemon, he puts them in a special machine, and then you get your fusion pokemon

what are your opinions on it

No because I could fuse Deoxys with Garchomp.

countryemo

Years
    This is pokemon not Yu-Gi-Oh or Digimon so this is a god no.

you guys were all comlaining about the pokemon-digimon/neopet stuff. who cares its not copying yugioh depending what they do with it. its not like u can fuse any poké with any poké. oooh the new pokemon look like digimon. then i like them. honestly i dont see a resemblence since pokemon is pokemon.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Pokemon do not fuse together they evolve. I will say it again this is Pokemon not Digimon and not Yu-Gi-Oh Pokemon do not fuse and they will never fuse.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    i wouldent like to fuse pokemon like on DBZ, but i think it would be cool if there were pokemon that can only be hatched if it has specific parents for EX: a baby cow pokemon that is born from a tauros/miltank egg, and a male would evolve into tauror and female into miltank.

Years
    I love how all of you are acting immature!

But aren't Pokemon like Magneton, Metang are like that already?

QFT. In fact, there are LOTS of Pokémon that "fuse" in order to evolve. Let's see if I can make a complete list here. Give me a moment to get out my strategy guide. Ah! Here it is. A list of pokemon that fuse (whether by appearance or pokedex entry):

* Diglett + Diglett + Diglett = Dugtrio
    * Slowpoke + Shellder = Slowbro
    * Slowpoke + Shellder (alt) = Slowking
    * Magnemite + Magnemite + Magnemite = Magneton
    * Koffing + Koffing = Wheezing
    * Mantyke + Remoraid = Mantine (originally just by gameplay mechanic, but as of HG/SS, by its artwork too.)
    * Beldum + Beldum = Metang
    * Metang + Metang = Metagross
    * Nincada -> Shedinja + Ninjask (technically fission, not fusion)
    * Spoink and Grumpig have a Clamperl's pearl, which could be turned into a fusion with a pre-evo.

That's 7 that I count, plus one fission and one case where the pokedex entry leaves room for another fusion.

So you all are just being haters.

And if you are going to bash Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh, it would be better if you didn't display an intimate knowledge of them.

The key is to make it rare. I would like it if the fusion mechanic was implemented into the Slowbro evolutionary line at least. I'd also like to see the following fusions.
    * Solrock + Lunatone fusion
    * Plusle + Minun fusion

I have brought this up many times before.

Maybe people would be more accepting if we called it symbiosis instead of fusion?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back