• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen FUSION POKEMON...... yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, this is one interesting idea that will never happen. I used to think about it a lot.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The key is to make it rare. I would like it if the fusion mechanic was implemented into the Slowbro evolutionary line at least. I'd also like to see the following fusions.
    * Solrock + Lunatone fusion
    * Plusle + Minun fusion

I have brought this up many times before.

Maybe people would be more accepting if we called it symbiosis instead of fusion?

I can get behind the latter part of your post. If implemented well and treated as just "evolving" as is the case with the other examples you listed, it can work. :P

Oh wait, then what separates this idea of fusion from just having an exotic evolution method, other than one of the two pokemon ostensibly disappearing? XD

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • How haven't anyone refered this yet?

Spoiler:

Also, no. Pokémons are like animals and animals don't fuse.

This is like Yugioh or Monster Ranchers...Stupidest. Idea. Ever. Burn in a fire...

I play Polymerization combining my Charmander with my Pikachu summoning Charmachu!!!

FUSION POKEMON...... yes or no

His ATK and DEF will be over 9000! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Won't Mr. Fusion be needed to power the time circuits and the flux capacitor?

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Fusion pokemon? Wow, is there anything more ridiculous? That would be just like all those amateur fan games and fan fiction. Besides, Pogeymans are individual, that's what makes 'em speshul.

Combined pogeymanz through any means is lame. Sure, that happens with some Pokemon for real (Slowbro!) but creating unnatural monstrosities? That would completely wreck gameplay mechanics. Imagine how many combinations you can get from 500+ Pokes. That is a lot of memory, for people and a DS cartridge. I have trouble remembering the current 493.

Well, that's just like, my opinion, of course.

Damn 8 year olds on the internet these days...

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I genuinely cannot see the idea working. Why would Pokemon need that mechanic? It wouldn't make any sense, because unlike with Digimon, they're supposed to be real creatures, not data. Things like Dugtrio and Magneton are different, because it's several of the same Pokemon coming together, and you don't lose one in the long run. I wouldn't want to permanently lose one of my Pokemon. Basically, even though they could implement it doesn't mean they should. Even if it did make sense, it completely goes against the spirit of the game.

Okay, that was my serious reply. However, just because nobody else said it yet...
    "Salamence!" "Yanmega!" "DNA Digivolve to... PAILDRAMON!"

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    NO!

as much as id love to fuse sableye&spiritomb so sableye could have decent base stats...

NO!

im not throwin my pokemon into a blender T^T its enough competitive players keep goin "go on smogon thats the only way to be a 'GOOD' battler" which is totally lame, why would i want to throw my pachee&wurm into a blender T^T thats just horrible T^T

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Besides, that'd just be another thing for gamefreak/nintendo to waste time on. They'd need to carefully plan out the fusions or someone is bound to end up fusing spiritomb and shedinja. This would delay the games for like three years from their planned releases while the co. spent time developing fusions that aren't over powered.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would hate this. This isn't Digimon. I was never too keen on it when they did in Digimon, I would hate it even more in Pokemon.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    There are other things to consider, like the typing and base stat spread of the resulting pokemon. If one fused say...a Weedle and a Togekiss, what would their resulting typing be? bug/normal? Flying/poison? bug/flying? normal/poison? Also, by most logical ways of determining the resultant's base stats, (i.e. ways that won' make the resultant exceedingly overpowered) I can't imagine a Weedle/Togekiss being even as strong as Togekiss. :P

they would be the fusion type

Kiri Berry

Berry Master
    Years
  • I don't like this, fusion Pokemon, sounds kind of gross and cruel in my head. I mean really, forcing two Pokemon together, I mean, do we really want our Pokemon to have dissociative identity disorder?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    if this does happen i hope pokemon can accidently come out deformed and having all zero stats but your oppenent instantly faints of horror.

but hey here are some horrible fusion concepts i made:
    Spoiler:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I think this whole idea is pretty unlikely, and even though there's been a whole three pages of non-discussion here, I'm going to lock this thread.
    Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back