• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It wouldn't surprise me if this is all we get on Team Skull and The Aether Foundation before release.

Unless maybe they have another admin we don't know about, but otherwise I think this could be all we'll get on them.

I feel like finally finally finally we're going to start seeing more about version exclusive Pokemon, now that version exclusives have actually been brought up in the 6th September trailer.

Also at this point I do feel like the starter evolutions will probably be kept for an October announcement.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The most recent trailer completely blindsided me with all that info, so I really don't know what to expect for this next one. It probably will be new Alolan forms and Pokemon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they threw some more crazy new details in there.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The most recent trailer completely blindsided me with all that info, so I really don't know what to expect for this next one. It probably will be new Alolan forms and Pokemon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they threw some more crazy new details in there.

I'd be more than happy at this point if it was just new Pokemon and Alolan forms from here on out.

I feel like I know enough about the region (with all the pictures of new towns we got) and the plot to get super hyped about it. Anything more would be overkill I think, plus I want them to keep some things a secret.

I really hope we get another poison type family revealed alongside Salandit though. I really like the poison type and it seems like it's been getting the shaft recently.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really hope we get another poison type family revealed alongside Salandit though. I really like the poison type and it seems like it's been getting the shaft recently.

I agree with this. I'd also like to see a Poison-type legendary considering we haven't had one just yet.

Years
  • duuuude guys you have no idea how pumped I am just to see the starter evolutions!! Like everything else I'm most likely going to be cool with but the suspense is killing me. ;___________;

I'm hoping for starter middle evos to be revealed soon as well, since I want to see how they'll link Rowlet, Litten and Popplio to the final evos on the leaked concept art. I also hope we get a Dark or Ice-type revealed outside of Alola Forms because they are the only types that haven't had an entirely new 7th Gen Pokemon have yet.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You think the trailer will just expand on what we will get in corocoro?

We've already been promised the secret to Rockruff's evolution, so that will be something new. As for extra info, it could either be a repeat of the trailer or some more new info.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Ooohhh Huge info dump this month! :D

Say...when will Corocoro leak this month? I hear people talking about how it could leak the same time around the 14th as the news we're supposedly getting, but it could leak a little earlier like last month, right?

Years
  • The only reason CoroCoro leaked early last month is because CoroCoro is always released early on August because of Japanese holiday. Although it would be good to get a surprise early CoroCoro leak like June 2014 where it leaked on the 7th.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ooohhh Huge info dump this month! :D

Say...when will Corocoro leak this month? I hear people talking about how it could leak the same time around the 14th as the news we're supposedly getting, but it could leak a little earlier like last month, right?

CoroCoro news for Sun & Moon has been leaking around 11th or 12th of each month so far. We'll probably get it either Sunday or Monday.

Years
  • I do agree that it would likely come out on Sunday or Monday, I think that is kind of funny since the names of those days comes from the words Sun and Moon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Everyone seemed pretty certain that there'd be more Trial Captains than the four we've seen, so maybe we'll see a few more of them. Maybe a feature confirmation, if we're lucky. But the safest bet is more Pokémon. I can imagine the starter evolutions will be among them, along with Rockruff's secret. The only reason why I'm not hyped over the idea is that... well, I'm picking Litten. But surely they'll show at least the middle evolutions before launch? So I think it's becoming more and more likely.

Years
  • I actually dislike CoroCoro scans versus the trailers that cover the same info. Basically, it seems like CoroCoro will be obsolete next week if the trailer covers the info contained in the magazine. I can see them continuing to make corocoro less relevant (as it has mostly been this reveal season), and it's all for the better.

The one thing that sort of bugs me is that the Japanese trailers are WAY better. For instance on the 6th, the English trailer was shorter and did not provide much information as to what exactly the new pokemon and characters were beyond a stale visual reveal; the Japanese trailer provided more context and enthusiasm. I genuinely felt confused after the English trailer which seemed formulaic. ie. silhouette turns white, then glows, and then the image is revealed. Whereas the Japanese one made sense and told a story with beautiful imagery, mysterious plot, all while switching up musical styles effectively.

The english trailer plays the pokemon theme during the Aether reveal, whereas the Japanese trailer uses the new Aether Foundation Theme. The same for Gladion's theme, which also fails to be included in the English trailer. It's like they think we do not value artistry? Or they are going for a more banal approach to get genwunners and Go'ers (rather than loyal fans). I am excited that they are not relying on CoroCoro scans as much, but these reveal trailers do not need to be dumbed down...it actually just leaves for a confused and less enthused audience.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Corocoro will leak sometime this weekend. That is pretty much confirmed. It usually leaks 4 to 7 days before the release date every month. So it could leak any day now.

The trailer will probably be a few pokemon and Alolan forms and it will probably be something different from Corocoro as Corocoro has had a few new things compared to the trailers.

Everyone seemed pretty certain that there'd be more Trial Captains than the four we've seen, so maybe we'll see a few more of them. Maybe a feature confirmation, if we're lucky. But the safest bet is more Pokémon. I can imagine the starter evolutions will be among them, along with Rockruff's secret. The only reason why I'm not hyped over the idea is that... well, I'm picking Litten. But surely they'll show at least the middle evolutions before launch? So I think it's becoming more and more likely.

The reason everyone is certain is because the Japanese Site has said there is more than the 4 we know. Middle evolutions will probably be shown. As well as one if not both of Pikpeks evos.

Years
  • I'm with Entermaid's statement as well. I usually watched English trailers first and then the Japanese ones, and I feel the Japanese one had way more effort put into them for sure.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Entermaid raises a pretty valid point; why is it that the Japanese trailers seem to provide more content and thus paint a better image of the games than the western trailers typically do? It's... an interesting (and kind of disappointing, actually) trend that's been occuring that I couldn't help but notice, myself.

I'm with Entermaid's statement as well. I usually watched English trailers first and then the Japanese ones, and I feel the Japanese one had way more effort put into them for sure.
    I'm not sure if this is true, or not, but someone brought this topic up in Youtube during the first trailer post reveal. Someone responded by saying it's a cultural thing. Westerners are seen as wanting their info fast, while the Japanese enjoy a nice story...

Anyways, corocoro should be out before the trailer.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If CoroCoro releases on Sunday, we will only have to wait a further three days for some more news. I can't remember exactly with past trailers.. but usually their info is separate from the recent CoroCoro scans, right?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've been watching the Japanese trailers first to have my initial watch being the most joyful. I immediately watch the English trailers so I understand what/who is being shown to me. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I've been watching the Japanese trailers first to have my initial watch being the most joyful. I immediately watch the English trailers so I understand what/who is being shown to me. :)

That's a good idea, I'll keep that in mind

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back