• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S Remake for Special? Should it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R a i n e+

moo~
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    LeafGreen is to FireRed. They wouldn't want to confuse "Green" with the Japanese Green, the rival, so they put her name as Leaf instead to avoid confusion. But yes, her actual name isBlue.
    Actually, it's unknown. Leaf is just a dummied name for the female trainer, Blue doesn't show up in the data.

My problem with this that it wouldn't "fit" Crystal's character, if you get what I mean. They look really "noobish" on her. :/ Gold's and Silver's is okay. Even Crystal would balk at her new outfit, because it's not like her.
    Who cares if she hates it? *shot* Her mother will probably force her into it and Gold will mock, then she'll get over it. The clothes are pretty fashionable going by Japan standards, so she might like it. I prefer her clothes over the old ones too.

Blue's FRLG clothes didn't suit her personality, but she still liked them.

lol I wish you made this a bigger size with no strickethrough. This matter has already been discussed months ago after the big reveal, and recently was found out that Kotone is entirely a new character with no relation to "Kris" from Pokemon Crystal. Kris was just a new idea back then to have a playable female character. That's all she was, nothing else. So she's preserved in her own element in her own game. HG/SS fuses Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal to form a new type of game that is both a remake of the original games and holds Generation IV components (specifically the Platinum standard) with new stuff here and there. So Kotone is a brand new character to complement the player Gold and the rival Silver. Her default name is Soul, just like to avoid confusion with Silver (as I explained before with Green).
    First off, her default name isn't Soul. Her default name is randomnize along with Hibiki, but their official names are Hibiki and Kotone. Second, Silver's default name is either Heart or Soul depending on your version. Third, the male's name is Hibiki, not Gold. Fourth, the matter is neither denied or confirmed in the games. It doesn't out right say "THEY ARE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!!ONEONE!!". Fourth, in the japanese version, "Kris" didn't have a name and neither did "Gold", which might apply for the english version as well. "Gold"'s name isn't Gold, it's Hibiki, but I don't see anyone screaming he's a new character. For all we know, he could get a new anime counterpart since I doubt we'll see Kenta again since he is an expert and Kazunari shares the same VA as him, which is odd that they would prefer introducing a COTD rather than Kenta himself. Not to mention, no one has been replaced in the games, let alone a playable character. But a lot of people have been vastly redesigned or got an entirely new set of clothes in the games. (Morty, The Rocket Executives, SABRINA.) Even if she is a new character, it's not really fair to say "she has no relation to Kris" because it's pretty obvious that she was at least based off of her.

Basically, the "matter" isn't confirmed or denied and probably will never be since it appears Special and the anime are going seperate ways. *shot*

.....That was pointless. xD

Last edited:

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • I don't get why people would even want them to stick Crys in Kotone's clothes. For one, they don't suit her, and I don't think they can turn Crys into Kotone without (imo) changing her forever, which I don't want, and I don't see why anyone would want that unless they disliked the current Crys.

Green was lucky in that Leaf looks a lot like her, near identical hair style and overall look, minus the clothes. Kotone is different. People may say Kotone is a redesigned Kris, but if May had never been seen before and was to appear in a GSC remake instead of Kris, people would say the same things, "She looks exactly like Kris except with brown hair and a slightly different hair style!" Heck, while we're at it let's just say that all the male characters are the same character with different coloured hair and a slightly different hairstyle too!

So is Dawn the same character as Leaf now, just because they have similar hairstyles but differently coloured?

The point I'm trying to make is, Kris is Kris and Kotone is Kotone. Crys will not be replaced, but Kotone will be introduced as a new character named Soul or Heart, because they coincide with the new version titles. Either that, or Crys will change her costume to match Kotone's, not to mention likely her personality, with which I will never be able to see her in the same way again, because as far as I'm concerned she will have become a different person.

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    if May had never been seen before and was to appear in a GSC remake instead of Kris, people would say the same things, "She looks exactly like Kris except with brown hair and a slightly different hair style!" Heck, while we're at it let's just say that all the male characters are the same character with different coloured hair and a slightly different hairstyle too!
    Since we're talking about this canon, Special had Crystal with BROWN hair. May looks nothing like Kris IMO. And you can't even see the male characters' hairstyles because their hats covers it.

So is Dawn the same character as Leaf now, just because they have similar hairstyles but differently coloured?

Red and Fire are different characters, they have different hair colors and slightly different hair styles. The Rocket Executives are new characters as well! "Morty" and "Sabrina" aren't really the ones we know, they are imposters!oneoneon!!!

Crys will not be replaced, but Kotone will be introduced as a new character named Soul or Heart, because they coincide with the new version titles.
    Then why did Kusaka name her Crys rather than Soul/Heart?
    Either that, or Crys will change her costume to match Kotone's, not to mention likely her personality, with which I will never be able to see her in the same way again, because as far as I'm concerned she will have become a different person.

So changing your clothes changes your personality? Wut?

I don't get what's the big deal if she changes her clothes. I put on new clothes everyday. END OF THE WORLD!!! I dress "goofy" sometimes DOES THAT CHANGE MY PERSONALITY? *GASP* It could be from her mother, who would probably like those kind of clothes. She doesn't have to like them, they are considered fashionable in Japan, so she could. If we're judging by clothing, then Platina would of been a fashion-obsessed girly girl, but she's not.

SuperLink

Years
  • Yeah, people irl change their outfits all the time, but what about in fiction? Almost never, it helps us identify the character. It speaks to us about what they're like.

Kris appeared to be smart and mature, and Crys was made to reflect that, being the more serious of the GSC bunch, but Kotone is made to seem young and cute.

I can't see them being the same person. It just really wouldn't feel right. The anime has them as seperate characters and although I hate to admit it, the anime is closer to game canon than the manga is.

Red and Fire's colour schemes and clothing is more or less near identical anyway, as well as their hair styles (which were never really notable). Why would they make such minor changes to Red and Gold and not Kris? Because Kotone is a seperate character.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • R a i n e+ said:
    Actually, it's unknown. Leaf is just a dummied name for the female trainer, Blue doesn't show up in the data.

It looks like what I said is more plausible than being unknown. I believe that's what happened. Blue wasn't shown in the data for the original games because she wasn't there. There was no room for her to be in there.

Blue's FRLG clothes didn't suit her personality, but she still liked them.

No, Blue's new look is more mature on her than what she had on before. She looks...vibrant in them. Crystal would look more younger and would seem like she'd lose her "intelligence" trait.

First off, her default name isn't Soul. Her default name is randomnize along with Hibiki, but their official names are Hibiki and Kotone.

Please don't confuse or mix the game with the anime. Her name is Soul in the game, in the anime it's Kotone.

Second, Silver's default name is either Heart or Soul depending on your version. Third, the male's name is Hibiki, not Gold. Fourth, the matter is neither denied or confirmed in the games.

Kotone is the name for the Japanese version

Gold was shown as Jimmy in the anime. I highly doubt there'll be a new character based on the same design. He's only Hibiki if you don't choose him in the game.

Red and Fire are different characters, they have different hair colors and slightly different hair styles. The Rocket Executives are new characters as well! "Morty" and "Sabrina" aren't really the ones we know, they are imposters!oneoneon!!!

Why is this a big deal? They got a different design by color, but does that mean their personalities change? You're mixing the game or anime to be same as the manga. These three have their own variations of the character. So it's okay if the manga or anime alters their design by a bit.

Then why did Kusaka name her Crys rather than Soul/Heart?

Is this a confirmation? Is it final? Isn't the volume still in progress?

So changing your clothes changes your personality? Wut?

Ironically I ask you this question.

SuperLink said:
    The anime has them as seperate characters and although I hate to admit it, the anime is closer to game canon than the manga is.

You're right. The anime has recently been close to game canon than the manga. The manga is entirely a different story, plot.

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    No, Blue's new look is more mature on her than what she had on before. She looks...vibrant in them. Crystal would look more younger and would seem like she'd lose her "intelligence" trait.
    So basically you're saying it makes her look dumb?

Also, are we forgetting about Crys' Mom and Emerald? She could force her in those clothes even she hates it and will probably get over it. And Emerald could give it to her as a present, she wouldn't care how "goofy" they were, she would still like them because they were from Emerald.

Not to mention, they are consider "fashionable" in Japan, Special is a japanese comic, so she might like them and consider them pretty.

Please don't confuse or mix the game with the anime. Her name is Soul in the game, in the anime it's Kotone.
    Um, no.

It's Kotone in the game too. I have my copy to prove it not to mention there are millions of videos and screens up.

Gold was shown as Jimmy in the anime. I highly doubt there'll be a new character based on the same design. He's only Hibiki if you don't choose him in the game.
    His name isn't Gold period. It's not even one of his default names anymore, nor is Silver. His version default names are Soul and Heart. Why would he have a different name if his NPC appearance confirmed it being Hibiki?

Why is this a big deal? They got a different design by color, but does that mean their personalities change? You're mixing the game or anime to be same as the manga. These three have their own variations of the character. So it's okay if the manga or anime alters their design by a bit.

I'm not talking about the anime and mangas, I'm referring to the games. Have you *seen* Sabrina's new design? It's more than a simple color changedrastic as well as the Rocket Executives as well as Red's FRLG design as well as Morty and so forth.

Is this a confirmation? Is it final? Isn't the volume still in progress?
    Netkun site.

Ironically I ask you this question.
    Okay, one day I wear a t-shirt and shorts. The the next, I wear a blouse. Does that change my personality?

You're right. The anime has recently been close to game canon than the manga. The manga is entirely a different story, plot.
    I'm not even going to answer this because it's debatable.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • R a i n e+ said:

Also, are we forgetting about Crys' Mom and Emerald? She could force her in those clothes even she hates it and will probably get over it. And Emerald could give it to her as a present, she wouldn't care how "goofy" they were, she would still like them because they were from Emerald.

Not to mention, they are consider "fashionable" in Japan, Special is a japanese comic, so she might like them and consider them pretty.
    No one's forgotten about CM or Emerald. It's a full possibility that they might be involved, but we dont' know that yet. And the main problem is that this new outfit doesn't match up with Crys' personality, as stated before. And to this I say: has everyone forgotten the sheer genius that the Pokespe mangakas have pulled off before? Revamping/touching up outfits isn't illegal, and Pokespe does a fantastic job at it. I don't see why the manga can't slightly change her outfit to make it slightly more suitable for her.

But you're right about it being fashionable in Japan-although since fashion changes practically day to day, who knows?

His name isn't Gold period. It's not even one of his default names anymore, nor is Silver. His version default names are Gold and Silver. Why would he have a different name if his NPC appearance confirmed it being Hibiki?
    In the FR/LG games, the hero and heroine were both given different names, and they were in pretty much the same situation as the characters are now (that is, both genders are playable, although G/S/C didn't have NPCs), so I don't really see what the problem is here. Besides, these are remakes of GOLD and SILVER, not Crystal, so if anything Gold and Silver are practically guaranteed a spot in the coming arc compared to Crystal.
    I'm not talking about the anime and mangas, I'm referring to the games. Have you *seen* Sabrina's new design? It's more than a simple color changedrastic as well as the Rocket Executives as well as Red's FRLG design as well as Morty and so forth.
    I've seen her look, and...I don't think it's impossible to give her an updated look, if she even appears in the remake arc to begin with. The biggest change is that she cut her hair, and seeing as people do that all the time...I really don't see what the issue is here, either. People's appearances change as time passes. So? And like I said, the Gym Leaders were hardly given any focus in FR/LG, so I'll be kinda surprised if they even reappear in HG/SS. Happy, but surprised.
    Netkun site.
    The only real confirmation we've gotten from the Netkun site is that the HG/SS arc IS coming. What's been stated on Crys and Gold's characters is purely based on Kusaka's opinion; nothing's been confirmed on this topic in the actual manga. (I think I misread Kusaka's name in kanji before. *Facepalm* That's what I get for skimming...) Although since Kusaka's opinion is most likely what creates the story of the manga, I guess this is also debatable. Still, since the chapters for this arc haven't even been released yet...
    RubyJB88 said:
    Wouldn't that be based on your opinion, though? Not that I'm disagreeing-I do think it makes sense to give them new clothes/update their present ones. Just because I don't think it makes much sense to wear the same outfit 365 days a year. Plus it helps show the passing of time in the manga.

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    Just realized how off-topic we were.
    In the FR/LG games, the hero and heroine were both given different names, and they were in pretty much the same situation as the characters are now (that is, both genders are playable, although G/S/C didn't have NPCs), so I don't really see what the problem is here. Besides, these are remakes of GOLD and SILVER, not Crystal, so if anything Gold and Silver are practically guaranteed a spot in the coming arc compared to Crystal.
    I wasn't talking about Special here, I was talking about the games and I was trying to explain the names....Red retained the same name in those games, so did Green. Leaf didn't even have a name back then because she didn't officially appear.

I've seen her look, and...I don't think it's impossible to give her an updated look, if she even appears in the remake arc to begin with. The biggest change is that she cut her hair, and seeing as people do that all the time...I really don't see what the issue is here, either. People's appearances change as time passes. So? And like I said, the Gym Leaders were hardly given any focus in FR/LG, so I'll be kinda surprised if they even reappear in HG/SS. Happy, but surprised.
    I wasn't talking about Special here. I was talking about the games trying to explain that in the games Kotone could be Kris as well since no one has been replaced but plently of people have recieved massive redesigns. Kris didn't have a japanese name FYI. No one comment on this please, I'm dropping this.

The only real confirmation we've gotten from the Netkun site is that the HG/SS arc IS coming. What's been stated on Crys and Gold's characters is purely based on Kusaka's opinion; nothing's been confirmed on this topic in the actual manga. (I think I misread Kusaka's name in kanji before. *Facepalm* That's what I get for skimming...) Although since Kusaka's opinion is most likely what creates the story of the manga, I guess this is also debatable. Still, since the chapters for this arc haven't even been released yet...
    Okay, this is Special related. True, the chapters haven't been released yet, but it's still very likely for Kusaka to put her in new clothes. I can't see him that thinking their game counterparts are the same but give her two seperate Special counterparts. (Someone don't correct me and say that their game counterparts aren't the same, its what KUSAKA thinks.)

If he changed his mind RIGHT in the middle of doing the HGSS would be pretty messy, Yamamoto probably would have to redo scenes if that were the case. Why would he do that and make Yamamoto go through all of that trouble?

Since there isn't much to discuss on this and it's unconfirmed, I say we should drop the topic for now and wait to see how she's handled.

There are some other topics we can talk about, such as Pyrce.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    lol Not pryce again xD

I personally am not a fan of the 'kotone' look, but hey I didnt like much the look of either Diamond nor of the fiere red red, and I liked them in the mangas , so maybe the the one who draws her makes her look really nice in these new clothes.

Clover Cat

Years
  • R a i n e+ said:
    There are some other topics we can talk about, such as Pyrce.
    I thought we'd already discussed this. Nyah, I'll answer it anyway.
    Pryce, as has already been stated, is a plot hole just waiting to be filled. Pokespe, it seems, has a trend for tricking the reader into believing a villain has disappeared from the story forever before bringing them back.
    Spoiler:
    Based on this, I'm going to bet my...well, I'll bet my week's worth of homemade cyber cookies that Pryce is coming back. If not in HG/SS, then definitely in some other arc.

And Pryce is most certainly not the only topic to be discussed. We've already brought up Chermain and Keane (HA, I remembered his name this time!) and their remake counterparts, but what about Lambda and Lance? (I'm talking about the TR executives, not the one and the League Champion, mind. Cheese, that's going to be confusing until his English name is released in the translation, I just know it.)
    Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • R a i n e+ said:

Not saying Crystal would look dumb but more of a new trainer.

And Emerald could give it to her as a present, she wouldn't care how "goofy" they were, she would still like them because they were from Emerald.

Even if it's a gift from Emerald, she wouldn't wear it all the time (I doubt she'll wear it even once).

Have you *seen* Sabrina's new design? It's more than a simple color changedrastic as well as the Rocket Executives as well as Red's FRLG design as well as Morty and so forth.

Right, so what seems to be the problem?

Okay, one day I wear a t-shirt and shorts. The the next, I wear a blouse. Does that change my personality?

*is confused* No, why should it? I don't think you're giving a proper response to what I'm saying.

Also, I hope you know that the developers at Game Freak had nothing much to do with Kris in Crystal.

clover_bookcat said:

This is what I initally thought too. So it's not official.

Wouldn't that be based on your opinion, though? Not that I'm disagreeing-I do think it makes sense to give them new clothes/update their present ones. Just because I don't think it makes much sense to wear the same outfit 365 days a year. Plus it helps show the passing of time in the manga.

Maybe, but I'm suggesting that if they give a new look for Crystal, they'd do better than the game--not that this has been done before.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Kotone is supposed to be a completely different person, though. They'll probably show her as a beginner and have Gold, Silver, and Crys help her out or something....

It's gonna be hard to make a plot though, because nearly ALL of the plot has been done before in GSC.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • I'm honestly hate your debating about Blue. if shes in the manga, she's in it. k? :/

The Anime was okayish, too many fillers compared to the game. The Game is straight-forward and doesn't need the damn "Silver Cup" or Whatever they called it in Johto.
    Kotone just looks fail. No offense but I liked Crys alot better and Kotone should just be a supportive character or much worse is a clone D:
    I would rather just see that Special will not make a terrible story. Each and every volume is terrific in every way and doesn't need to be criticized about its character whether they showed up in the game/anime.

What I want to see is Giovanni reshowing in this manga to help and not become the "dictator of the world." He deserves a better role than this and deserves his son back with him.
    Ironically, 10 PokeDex Owners were at the battle frontier. So, they just left and went back home after that, hm? Sounds a bit cheesy to just participate, hang out, then take a boat back home and done.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm assuming they'll somehow include Kotone\Soul somehow. :S And i'm unsure wether Kris will be in it, since she's not in the remakes, but tge manga's different to the games, and I'm assuming she'll be in it by popular demand. I haven't read the G\S arc yet, so... :P As for it actually happening, there was a FR\LG arc, correct? :D So, I'm also assuming they'll make a HG\SS arc too! :D

Clover Cat

Years
  • Ryousha said:
    Ironically, 10 PokeDex Owners were at the battle frontier. So, they just left and went back home after that, hm? Sounds a bit cheesy to just participate, hang out, then take a boat back home and done.
    So the battling tournament doesn't count?

I'm honestly hate your debating about Blue. if shes in the manga, she's in it. k? :/
    Blue? Did you mean Kotone? And maybe these two threads should just be combined, seeing how close the topics are intertwined...

MileyAngel said:
    Kotone is supposed to be a completely different person, though. They'll probably show her as a beginner and have Gold, Silver, and Crys help her out or something....

It's gonna be hard to make a plot though, because nearly ALL of the plot has been done before in GSC.
    Now, where did you get that idea? The reason we're debating so much about Kotone is because we've had practically no information on this subject (other than Kusaka's opinion).

And playing through my HeartGold game...I'm honestly starting to wonder how much this new arc will be able to use for a plot. There's just so much. Places have been edited, there's seems to be a kind of sidequest for the Pokethlon, the overall TR plot's also been changed...And let's not forget the Wi-Fi bonus events. Holy cheesecake. Then there's the changes in the Pokegear, the NCP role, the references to other regions and time periods...The list goes on and on. I'm just going to be impressed if Pokespe actually uses all of this stuff, let alone the plot itself.

TimeDialga33

Go Chickorita!
    Years
  • No, I Don't think Kris Will be in the hgss arc. i think kotone will. I want there to be volumes where kotone battles gym leaders. also,I want there to be volumes of the hgss arc where gold does pokethlon challenges and battles trainers and frontier brains at the Johto Battle Frontier.

SuperLink

Years
  • Sabrina's costume change is a decent argument, but Game Freak have made it obvious that they're one and the same person. If they wanted Kotone and Kris to be the same person, don't you think they would have made it more obvious? This is Game Freak we're talking about, their games are designed to be understood and followed by all ages! If they don't make it obvious that this new girl is in fact Kris, then she probably isn't. I mean seriously, if they were meant to be the same character then why make her hair brown? All other redesigns have kept to more or less their original colour schemes, especially with hair.

As for the manga, who knows. By now I've had a while to think about it and I'm fairly certain that some fans are going to be greatly disappointed no matter what happens. The only way I can think every fan would be happy is if they have Crys and Kotone as seperate characters but have them both with central parts in the story. I don't see it happening though, this manga belongs to the writers, not the fans.

Right now I think the most likely thing is for Crys to get Kotone's clothes and change her personality to match.... I don't see a trainer with those cute clothes and huge hat being a pro catcher or a serious trainer of any kind.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • The problem is, I just don't know what they're going to do. I mean, nearly everything was done in the GSC saga. There aren't many resolved issues that need to be taken care of....

But in my opinion, Kotone and Crys will be two entirely different characters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back