• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gallade

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
Years
  • K i know the movesets im going to put in it already but im barely going to start ev training it.Its adamant(its still a ralts..Male)and im having trouble deciding where to put the evs in.So far for sure im going to max out its attack but im not sure where to put the remaining on.I was thinking to split them with speed and sp.defence evenly.Is that good?Or would you suggest something better?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Lessee, standard Gallade builds...

Gallade @ Expert Belt / Life Orb / Leftovers / Choice Band
    Adamant / 236hp/252atk/20spd
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut
    -Night Slash
    -Hypnosis / Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp / Stone Edge

Gallade @ Leftovers
    Adamant / 236hp/200atk/52spdef/20spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut
    -Stone Edge / Thunderpunch / Night Slash

Gallade @ Leftovers
    Adamant / 236hp/252atk/20spd
    -Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
    -Hypnosis
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut / Night Slash

There's also a Choice Scarf Gallade, but I don't know the exact build. Just pick whichever looks the most like your imagined Gallade.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Choice Scarf Gallade looks like this

Gallade-Choice Scarf
    Adamant/Jolly 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP for Adamant, 252 attack, 40 HP 40 Defense for jolly
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Night Slash
    LEaf Blade/Psycho Cut

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Just because Smogon says so, and the ONLY reason behind that is Medicham. You say that, I dont know how many times I repeated this, Scarfcross and Scarfcario is useless. It's only saying the truth really

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Gallade its really bulky it can take hits better than you think.

Its like BulkyDos and normal 252 / 252 / 6 Gyarados. Same with Gallade. One set is meant to be Bulky and one is meant to sweep. Its up to you which one you choose and which will benefit the team more.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Then use Gallade with Drain Punch after you taken down the Physical walls :P

Drain Punch ??

Why was that move even created ?....Its like a Physical Giga Drain....except worse lol

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • i have drain punch on my gallade and its good:).It works for me becuase its a stab and does recover quiet a bit of life.I kind of prefer it over close combat.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Oops, fogot to stick 172 speed in that set XD. Drain Punch? Really? Close Combat + STAb power is 180, that can floor a lot of Pokemon, depends I guess, mine is full on attacking, I use it to cover Weavile a lot too.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
  • I use Gallade withe Weavile,too.I also use Gallade in combination with Snorlax and Dragonite.IMO,use Gallade as a physical sweeper.

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • This is a bit irrelevant, but Leaf blade is kinda nice on Gallade. Takes down Swampert and Milotic with relative ease...but I don't know if it's worth using over Night Slash. Just a thought.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    It's only worth using over Psycho Cut, Night Slash is a must for Close Combat sweeping.

Back