• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Freak working on new game! To be announced soon!

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    This sounds interesting. Even so, the information is too vague to be guessing things, but I too hope that Game Freak takes a small break from Pokémon, even if it's their most successful franchise.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Maybe it'll be related to the 20th anniversary of the Franchise?
    I did not know the 20th anniversary was coming up. Interesting, maybe a gamefreak or another pokemon direct like with X and Y showcasing either 2 smaller games and a look at the franchise or maybe it's Pokemon " Z" with the theory of a new region and around 40 new pokemon coming true with a 2016 release maybe, but this is unlikely. I could also see a similar situation but with Plus and Minus if the rumors for that are true, which again is unlikely. So it's probably a smaller game if a pokemon games as it will be quite soon for either to happen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I did not know the 20th anniversary was coming up. Interesting, maybe a gamefreak or another pokemon direct like with X and Y showcasing either 2 smaller games and a look at the franchise or maybe it's Pokemon " Z" with the theory of a new region and around 40 new pokemon coming true with a 2016 release maybe, but this is unlikely. I could also see a similar situation but with Plus and Minus if the rumors for that are true, which again is unlikely. So it's probably a smaller game if a pokemon games as it will be quite soon for either to happen.
    It's in 2016 (February 27). Of course it's still 14 months away. XY were announced in Janurary of 2013 and released 9 months later. So perhaps it could be Z...but waiting another four/five months to make an announcement doesn't seem like soon. It could still be Z though. Emerald came out eight months after FrLg in Japan so they may do something similar and start Gen 7 on February 27th as Garnet and Peridot (with Aquamarine/ Topaz as the third/forth versions). Of course though it'll require them to show Z soon and to release it around July. Then show GP around Fall.

Ps: Garnet and Peridot are just my preferred names for future games. They aren't rumored names.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ah, i see, then maybe it's a side game if pokemon related. Perhaps Z gets announced at E3 for January 2016 or maybe later, with another filler game in between?

Sorry for the double post(/bump if to early) but i realized that almost every January is a big nintendo direct showcassing a ton of games for the year with more at E3. Do you think we could bear something from gamefreak then, if not a pokemon game?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Ip means a new franchise, for example harmoknight was a new franchise made awhile back.
    And i would a new mystery dungeon that fixed the problems with GTI, especially if it was on wii u. Although a harmoknight sequel would be cool as well but from the sounds of it, it may end up being an entirely new ip gased on this quote from one of the delvlopers that they interviewed about it. Here is the quote:

"We're doing a lot of different things with respect to our next project, so right now we're focusing on getting ready to announce it. We sincerely hope from the bottom of our hearts that it'll be worth checking out once we get to that point. — Tetsuya Watanaba"

IP doesn't mean "new franchise". It stands for Intellectual Property, which is the legal term for a creation of the mind. In our case it may as well mean a game franchise, but not necessarily a new one.

Pokémon is an IP. Splatoon is a new IP.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    IP doesn't mean "new franchise". It stands for Intellectual Property, which is the legal term for a creation of the mind. In our case it may as well mean a game franchise, but not necessarily a new one.

Pokémon is an IP. Splatoon is a new IP.
    True, but it's still the same concept. Why did i get notified of this three times though?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe the next game they might have in-store for us would likely be relating to Kalos, whether it be as a sequel to X and Y, or some third-installment of sorts. Personally, what kind of puts me off regarding former is, somehow, in some way, when they had last done such a thing--which would be with fifth generation games--their sequels wound up looking like a rehash of sorts, rather than something... new. I know their objective was to have Black 2 and White 2 connected to their original titles, they seemed to have done a little too much with that. If they could avoid such a thing this time around, I wouldn't mind at all.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If they did a game where it worked as a sequel to both x and y and ORAS i think it could come off as fresh new game.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    True, but it's still the same concept. Why did i get notified of this three times though?

I think it sends a notification every time you edit the post. I'm always thinking of some extra thing to add on but I forget some forums have this feature.

Sorry.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think it sends a notification every time you edit the post. I'm always thinking of some extra thing to add on but I forget some forums have this feature.

Sorry.

ah ok, it's fine, i was just curious. Anyway the direct tomorrow might finally answer what gamefreak is working on.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Just because they say Game Freak is developing a new game does NOT mean it's going to be a Pokemon game. If it is, I would like something different for once other than a third Kalos game, but not Gen 7 because I feel it's too early for that. If we get a new IP though, I want it to not be Japan-only like the Soriti Horse game or a game that people will only play once or twice and then forget it existed like HarmoKnight, but possibly a new franchise entirely, even though I doubt Game Freak is going to make another ongoing franchise asides from Pokemon due to how big Pokemon is.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I personally don't think it's a Pokémon title they are announcing, because when thinking about it, oras didn't come out all that long ago. But hey, if it is a Pokémon title it's probaby not VII gen, it's too soon!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I do think it is probably a new ip but if it is, they may have trouble making i popular which could be a problem.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It was mentioned earlier, it's possible and i would love to see a sequel to harmoknight.

Back