• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Making Competition, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    That sounds reasonable. Though the example you gave seemed a little... clich?, it can be managed. I'll think of a prompt like that that can be used. Thanks, that was helpful KM. Like I said, if we work out the kinks early, things will be smooth in the future.

-Edit-

I chose an idea that I think is best, how Meerkat suggested. I left the old options there because if you don't like what I chose or have any better ideas, I'm still open for suggestions.

I didn't chose topic 2 yet. I still need to think about that :D

-Edit 2-
    I put together a quick site for the competition
    https://www.freewebs.com/rm2kcompetition

Last edited:

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
    Professor ___________ needs to see you in his/her lab when the game starts....Professor ___________ had a terrible Accident...Something is very wrong.. You go and see him/her and he/she tells you that Professor _____________ got turned into a and it's up to you to go and deliver a message to all the other professors in the area.....and save Professor

ok i edited km's story a bit

lol

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Okay.. and do you have to use the battle system? 'Cause I don't know if they've come out with a beta of it, or even where to get it or how to run it. I'm sure I could find a way to make it so that if you do a certain thing in the original battle system, that the pok?mon would be added to your party.. I dunno, I just don't know much about the RM2K pok?mon battle system. XD

Years
    Deoxys55 said:
    Okay.. and do you have to use the battle system? 'Cause I don't know if they've come out with a beta of it, or even where to get it or how to run it. I'm sure I could find a way to make it so that if you do a certain thing in the original battle system, that the pok?mon would be added to your party.. I dunno, I just don't know much about the RM2K pok?mon battle system. XD
    Ok this should be in the battle sys thread..
    If you mean like a catching thing it's already in there.. Just make variable 66 (itemuse) 1 and it should automatically start.. If you wish to look at the event it's in the bottom-right hand corner

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    You don't have to do anything. You can make a totally original CBS if you want, or use the default. It doesn't matter. However, make it as original as possible to earn full credit for Originality. It doesn't have to be the coolest most complex thing ever, though it would help. We won't downgrade your score just because you don't use the "official" system. However, games with better CBS's are probably going to score higher. Just a prediction :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't think that you have to use the battle system. The battle system's only a way of making the game more fun. You can replace the battle system with things like mini games, comical scenes and etc.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Well I'm going to do the 3D one, I'll post some screens up later on though.

Years
    DM why is your name pink.. O_o
    Of course you don't have to use the battle system.. You just have to follow the rules..
    I don't really think that using the battle system will get you more points anyway because it's something that you didn't make yourself.. (Unless you customize it) Sure it will make the game more fun but if everyone has the same battle system then it doesn't really make your game stand out. You should just do what you want to :)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Thanks to the joys of a few real-life issues that have cropped up lately [/sarcasm], I really don't have the time to devote to making a game. Instead, I'm going to be doing the judging thing instead, if that's ok with DM31.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    Well I would like the 3D one cause it sounds pretty fun.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Okay. O.O I'm still not good with those kind of graphic, though...

EDIT: I have a plotline but I didn't make it, Iread it in a book and modified it a bit. Can I use it, or is that not allowed?

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    The problem with using books is other people would have to have read the book in order for it to become a full topic. So no, I don't think so.

If you're not good with those graphics, you can always attempt the other topic. That's why there's two :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back