• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game was Great but....

Years
    im aggravated that they didnt put any challenge into it.....i mean you get affection and an OP exp Share they could have atleast made the elite 4 have 6 pokemon each along with higher levels such as 80+....i beat the whole league with one level 85 pokemon...which was pretty sad in my opinion....Aurorus pretty much counters everything they throw at you...i used my Raichu for about 2 pokemon thats it....i didnt used my other 3 they just sat there and looked pretty.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Turn off exp share and use some variety in the battles. I've learned from solo challenges that if you only focus on one Pokemon, the fights become easy and dull because you're too high of a level.

I didn't dab in Pokemon Amie much and when I noticed I was out leveling the gyms, I turned off my exp share. I avoided wild Pokemon for the most part too. That knocked the challenge pretty fairly.

Years
    Turn off exp share and use some variety in the battles. I've learned from solo challenges that if you only focus on one Pokemon, the fights become easy and dull because you're too high of a level.

I didn't dab in Pokemon Amie much and when I noticed I was out leveling the gyms, I turned off my exp share. I avoided wild Pokemon for the most part too. That knocked the challenge pretty fairly.

all my pokemon were level 85 by the elite 4 i didnt turn exp share on till around the 6th leader, affection was full after the 4th leader...game was way to easy for what it shoulda been.

In white 2 they made a Normal mode than hard Mode...which they shoulda done in this game as well since they introduced it.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Well, with full affection you get boosted exp and more chances of dodging and critical hits. Couple that with the exp share and of course you'll be that high level. Unlike before the exp share doesn't reduce the amount of exp the fighting Pokemon gets and the entire teams gets half of that each.

These mechanics were introduced to make the game easier, I think that was stated in an interview. So using them at their max would definitely take away all the challenge. Even Black 2's hard mode wouldn't add anything if you use both max affection and exp share (the latter alone makes the game too easy).

Though I do agree I would like a challenge mode (that's unlocked from the beginning).

Years
    Well, with full affection you get boosted exp and more chances of dodging and critical hits. Couple that with the exp share and of course you'll be that high level. Unlike before the exp share doesn't reduce the amount of exp the fighting Pokemon gets and the entire teams gets half of that each.

These mechanics were introduced to make the game easier, I think that was stated in an interview. So using them at their max would definitely take away all the challenge. Even Black 2's hard mode wouldn't add anything if you use both max affection and exp share (the latter alone makes the game too easy).

Though I do agree I would like a challenge mode (that's unlocked from the beginning).

the game is more than 10 years old...making it easier makes no Sense...especially since we can trade with out having to have actually link cords like in the old days.

Gamefreak needs to understand that most likely playing the game will be the people who started with it since 98-97 and the newer people playing are smart enough to know what pokemon is...i doubt there is many people who say " oh man pokemon let me see what it is, might as well start with Y"

I got the game for my Fiances kid, and he didnt know what pokemon was...hes 12

than i got the game for a nephew of mine and he didnt know either.

Gamefreak should Defintely look into making it a lot more Harder/Exciting for the actual Audience...instead of dumbing it down.

Im not saying that kids do not play it, but what im saying is that the majority already know how pokemon works and doesnt mind a huge challenge.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
    I agree that Gamefreak should think in older fans.

Because let's be fair, little kids don't care or IVs, EVs, storyline, struggle in Battle Maison, they don't care, all they care is having pokémon and battling.

So Gamefreak make a game for an older audience, just throw some pokémon in there and all the kids will buy and enjoy too

:P

Years
    I agree that Gamefreak should think in older fans.

Because let's be fair, little kids don't care or IVs, EVs, storyline, struggle in Battle Maison, they don't care, all they care is having pokémon and battling.

So Gamefreak make a game for an older audience, just throw some pokémon in there and all the kids will buy and enjoy too

:P

not just that but overall im sure the kids now will understand what IVs and Evs are just given the right motivation.....especially since now its all Technology,Google Searching, Youtube...no paper work or hard thinking needed...just make the game harder...simple as that. i want elite 4 to be at level 100 with choice scarfed and life orbed pokes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't see how people are saying it is easy. I haven't been using EXP Share and it is fairly difficult. My pokemon are all around 45 to 50 and just passed the 7th. Note that I only use about 7 or 8 different pokemon.

And I would hate if the Elite 4 was level 100s. I like it being challenging, but 100 is just too much.

Years
    I don't see how people are saying it is easy. I haven't been using EXP Share and it is fairly difficult. My pokemon are all around 45 to 50 and just passed the 7th. Note that I only use about 7 or 8 different pokemon.

And I would hate if the Elite 4 was level 100s. I like it being challenging, but 100 is just too much.

Elite four only has 4 pokes each...Easy....Gym leaders only carry 3 pokes each...Easy...

They implement these Op leveling items which i understand it makes it easy but if your going to add something like the EXP share, and Affection Boosts atleast make the game challenging so people use it.

I rather the elite 4 be level 100 pokes at the least if they gonna have only 4 pokemon each...that would make me work for the end prizes you get.

End of the game you get all the good items to , breed, find, and make amazing pokemon.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I hate to say it, but to assume that the majority of people playing these games are the same people that played it back it the day, is very idealized, just because of the few communities that make up the series 'Hardcore'.

The games are still marketed and advertised to children. Not to mention most of the people who played it back in the day have *shutter* grown up...

Game freak would never market it at an adult croud. Not that Nintendo would let them anyway, and for good reason.

Years
    I hate to say it, but to assume that the majority of people playing these games are the same people that played it back it the day, is very idealized, just because of the few communities that make up the series 'Hardcore'.

The games are still marketed and advertised to children. Not to mention most of the people who played it back in the day have *shutter* grown up...

Game freak would never market it at an adult croud. Not that Nintendo would let them anyway, and for good reason.

Im not saying market to an Adult crowd...im saying market in length or difficulty of the game...nintendo has made hard games in the past....why not now? everything they make now is way to easier...

And Growing up has nothing to do with people playing Video games or not....ive grown up...i have a job, and family....i still love pokemon its a very good past time - future experience.

They added the EXP share...They added Affection...getting to level 100 is no problem....Now why not make the elite 4 an "ELITE 4" instead of the Easy 4.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years

This is what I've experienced since turning off the Exp Share. The gyms and trainers caught back up fast and ended up providing some challenge even with their 3 Pokemon.

I feel that Affection and Exp Share are instant easy mode, but if you neglect them the game is like normal/challenge mode.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Im not saying market to an Adult crowd...im saying market in length or difficulty of the game...nintendo has made hard games in the past....why not now? everything they make now is way to easier...

And Growing up has nothing to do with people playing Video games or not....ive grown up...i have a job, and family....i still love pokemon its a very good past time - future experience.

They added the EXP share...They added Affection...getting to level 100 is no problem....Now why not make the elite 4 an "ELITE 4" instead of the Easy 4.

You got to understand that the game are for very young children that probably don't know what they are doing most of the time. Why do you think they brought the 2DS out right before the new pokemon game? And yes age has a lot to do with it because the older players know what they are doing and understand things a lot better.

Years
    You got to understand that the game are for very young children that probably don't know what they are doing most of the time. Why do you think they brought the 2DS out right before the new pokemon game? And yes age has a lot to do with it because the older players know what they are doing and understand things a lot better.

Sorry but adults are the ones who Fund the games, im pretty sure that the majority of nintendos money comes from the ages of 15+

Forgot the internet isnt being used by kids these days youre right..they surely dont know how to play pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

I found the game to be quite difficult thus far and I don't even have all of my badges yet. Yes, the EXP. Share has certainly made things easier than training the traditional way, but challenges have still presented themselves to me. For example, horde battles can be quite difficult if you are not prepared as well as the various encounters with Team Flare. I have also found some Sky Battles and many Gym battles to be quite a test. No, not the most difficult Pokemon game so far, but I certainly wouldn't say that it isn't challenging.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    I agree the game is way too easy. They really need two difficulty modes. Ever since Gen V the Elite 4 have only had four monsters each, with the champion having six.

What I'd like to see in a "challenge mode".

Gyms 1, 2, and 3 (Levels 15-25)
    3 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 3 super potions

Gyms 4, 5, and 6 (Levels 30-45)
    5 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 5 hyper potions

Gyms 7 and 8 (Levels 50-65)
    6 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 6 max potions

Elite 4 and Champion (Levels 70-90)
    6 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 6 full restores

Years
    I agree the game is way too easy. They really need two difficulty modes. Ever since Gen V the Elite 4 have only had four monsters each, with the champion having six.

What I'd like to see in a "challenge mode".

Gyms 1, 2, and 3 (Levels 15-25)
    3 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 3 super potions

Gyms 4, 5, and 6 (Levels 30-45)
    5 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 5 hyper potions

Gyms 7 and 8 (Levels 50-65)
    6 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 6 max potions

Elite 4 and Champion (Levels 70-90)
    6 Pokemon, beneficial held items, 6 full restores

even this would make the game longer...i mean beating the game in the span of 4 days is pretty short...i didnt even speed through it i tried my best to play as slow as possible its just way to easy...they need a restart overmode that lets you do the gyms all over new challengers on the routes......and tons of intense battles.

Aternox

the Dark
    Years
    Listen to this: Train only one type of pokemon. Play the Nuzlocke challange. Use only 1 pokemon. Use only 3 pokemon. use only hm moves and moves taught to the pokemon by levelling. Do not evolve any pokemon. Only allow yourself to use one ball to catch pokemon or else give up.

Anyways, you can think of a thousand challanges to make the game more difficult. Even READ what the NPC's in game tell you? The 8th leader tells you that his fight will be the hardest. Or the easiest. Depending on what pokemon you use. Then again, he will say, that's for all of this whole game, isn't it?

Taking that in mind, the game is made around self-challenging. Not around playing the set difficulty that the game ALLOWS. The choice between "Easy" and "Hard" is just not for everyone to understand.

Years
    Listen to this: Train only one type of pokemon. Play the Nuzlocke challange. Use only 1 pokemon. Use only 3 pokemon. use only hm moves and moves taught to the pokemon by levelling. Do not evolve any pokemon. Only allow yourself to use one ball to catch pokemon or else give up.

Anyways, you can think of a thousand challanges to make the game more difficult. Even READ what the NPC's in game tell you? The 8th leader tells you that his fight will be the hardest. Or the easiest. Depending on what pokemon you use. Then again, he will say, that's for all of this whole game, isn't it?

Taking that in mind, the game is made around self-challenging. Not around playing the set difficulty that the game ALLOWS. The choice between "Easy" and "Hard" is just not for everyone to understand.

been there done that, i want to the game to be challenging enough for when i want to do the nuzlocke challenge it will be a challenge.

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013

I simply cannot scream "THIS" hard enough.

Back