• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you can't stand!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I've only pretty much touched JRPG's in my life, so going off of those:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of A New World
    Final Fantasy 13, 13-2, Lightning Returns
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Most people know why Dawn of A New World is hated, it was a terrible sequel to a good game, that I was satisfied with the ending with. Didn't understand why the MC was hated by Luin. Blamed him for something he didn't do and they know it. "Courage Is What Turns Dreams Into Reality" every cutscene, MC whines and never develops out of that whiny phase, Annoying romance, straight up bad story.

FF13 Series:
    Battle System was terrible, If ne person dies you cant go on no matter what, Straight Lines, annoying characters, time travel, and sooo much fanservice.

Birth By Sleep:
    Honestly i'm not the type to hate a Kingdom Hearts game but this is my most disliked from the series, a bad choice to try and help make everything in KH2 make sense, while making more plot hole and headaches at the same time. As for someone who has played every KH game before BBS came out, I was angry. The combat was unbearably slow, at the beginning of the game, took forever to kill enemies because everyone's strength was beyond atrocious, I hate Terra's character, terrible excuse to explain Xehanort/Xemnas from KH2. Easiest Kingdom Hearts game. Aqua cannot die, she has invincibility frames.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Any Bethseda game. People say the rpgs are fun but I played a few and found them mind numbing and lackluster. Could not find any charm

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Undertale.

Not the game itself, just the toxic fanbase that pisses me off. Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcizm6s15E4
    Game Grumps tweeted they would resume Undertale episodes in a few days, so they upload another game to fill the slot. As a result, that fanbase starts disliking the video because they'll be damned if they don't get their daily dose.
    That really has more to do with the toxic GG fanbase than the Undertale fanbase, though I would argue that ALL fanbases have a toxic element by design. Obviously not all fans are bad. But I personally think it unfair to judge any game by fans which have nothing to do with the actual game in question.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    That really has more to do with the toxic GG fanbase than the Undertale fanbase, though I would argue that ALL fanbases have a toxic element by design. Obviously not all fans are bad. But I personally think it unfair to judge any game by fans which have nothing to do with the actual game in question.

It's not just that. The fact that everywhere I go, I hear nothing but Undertale this and Undertale that. It just drives me away from ever wanting to be interested in the game. The same thing happened to me with the movie Frozen. I watched it on my own time and enjoyed it but after all the countless Youtube videos of Frozen cosplay and "Do you want to build a snowman" covers/parodies, I got sick of hearing about it and haven't cared for the movie since.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Super unpopular opinion incoming, but I can't see the appeal of fighting games like Smash. It's fun for a little while and I'll play it at a friend's house, but the prevalence of the hype and why people keep buying essentially the same game repeatedly kind of baffles me.

I think a lot of people view smash like this tbh. It's really fun with friends sometimes and the hype was big with the new games for months but in reality, many people hate smash 4 now. If you look into the series a little more on the technical side, each of them are very different.
    But essentially, it's considered a classic party game. Similar to like, mario party or mario kart.

I personally dislike Call of Duty and I kind of see it in the same way. I don't understand why people buy a new one every year and I don't really see that much of a difference in any of them besides maybe the ones that my brother has, but even then I don't see it worth wasting money on. If I were to look into it I would probably see the difference but I can't be bothered, just really dislike the game and everything it stands for. (we have wars going on and this is reality, not a game.)

Back