• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you never mastered

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Definitely Zelda: Majora's Mask. I can't stand the constant 3 days to do something and saving every 10 minutes. I got maybe 30% done when it came out then about 2 months ago put it back in my 64 and after about 5 minutes of playing realized why it had so much dust on it.

PaprikaChu

Musical Deviant.
    Years
    The A Bugs Life Game!

I was a kid and could never get past that stage with the daddy long legs in the city.

My Goodness HAHAHAHAHA. same goes for me.
    this made my day, i remember getting up that part so many times and just failing.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I could never manage to beat GTA: III or GTA: Vice City. :/ For some reason, those two had missions that I just cannot get past.

I did beat San Andreas and IV, which means that the older ones were harder than the two newer ones are. XD;

I also can't beat Vice City Stories. >; GTAs are haaard.

Xenart

Organization XIII Member
    Years
    GTA III (still working on this thought)
    all sonic games
    mario luigi superstar saga (I got confused at that ice castle in the end of the game)
    Animorphs (god this game was crap for GBC)

And I think thats it.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I love Kingdom Hearts... but I could never beat the first one. Just couldn't do it for some reason. I got as far as the last battle.. and failed. I got angry and never finished. I'm ashamed to say. *cough*

I also never beat Pokemon Colisseum (GC). I got as far as the mayor and realized his Pokemon were INSANELY highly leveled... lost... threw the controller and never played it again.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    As long as we're talking old Disney games, I never could beat the fourth (or was it fifth?) level in the "Dinosaur" game. The one where you have to follow the disappearing footprints and light torches at the same time with the impossible to control pterodactyl - augh. I get frustrated just thinking about it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I had the Game Boy Color version of Dinosaur. I thought it was quite fun. Managed to beat it.

The Lion King for the Super Nintendo? WHAT THE HECK!? Why is a kid's game so dang hard? I rarely got past the I Just Can't Wait to Be King level. I think that's the second level.

Highest I ever made it to was the Hakuna Matata level. Never beat the game.

The Jungle Book on the the old school Game Boy? Also ridiculously hard. I don't think I got past the first level.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Some games require years of training to master. Look at Starcraft; many gamers have to do some intense playing every day to get to the level they're at. Essentially, if it has a competitive nature, you can't really "master" it, unless I'm misinterpreting your meaning.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Fighting games, grrrrrrrr.

I have no time pushing buttons to make a combo. I prefer RPGs

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    By "mastered" I'm gonna assume you mean beaten so here we go.

God of War → Honestly, this one could be put down as "game you never even mastered the basics of" since I'm so bad at it. v_v Eventually once I realized it was trying to bump me down to an easier gameplay mode AGAIN I just gave up. Do not want to play on very easy (or whatever it was).

Donkey Kong 64 → I can list this as beaten thanks to a joint effort between my brother and I but I was never, ever able to beat that Jet Pack minigame that you need to get one of those emblems from. XD; My brother did years later and then we beat the game.

Final Fantasy X-2 → Honestly, I could probably beat this easily if I'd just do it buuuut I cannot beat the 100 level dungeon. I'm on the last level. I can't do it. I won't go on until I do because I'm not doing the whole damn thing again on a new game plus. ;_; I've been stuck here for YEARS.

Primal → haha I got lost and couldn't find my way out or something. I think I was in a water level?? It's been years. XD

Dark Cloud → I don't even know what happened. I was on the last or second-to-last level and my weapon broke and I had nothing else to use or something. Again it's been a while so my recollection of what I was doing in the game is pretty off but I do remember getting stuck in some way.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Some Sonic games on DS although that may be down to the fact I think they are terrible.
    I can't master unreal tournament 3. i have no clue why as on Unreal 2k4 I was a good player but with the new one I seem to be terrible.

Edit: Lightning just reminded me of one.

Final Fantasy 3 I just can't get past this one boss and I'm not in the mood to level up to do it as the game isn't that good.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    For some reason, I stink badly at the bosses in Megaman X, X4, and 5.
    I would breeze through the levels, but die 2-3 times on each boss.
    I would also fail miserably at Goldeneye 007 as a kid. >.<

raglflagl

lame user title
    Years
    Ugh, mostly any hack and slash games. I can never get past bosses that have time restrictions or those gimmicky bosses. Actually, it's not only limited to the hack and slash games. I suck in games with limited turns too and even turn time limit. :\. Guess it's because I crack under pressure.

I also utterly fail in anything within the lines of Guitar Hero. XD

Finnel

Years
    Mirror's Edge.

3D Platforming is the bane of my existence, it's a shame 'cause it's such a nice game. D=

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I suck at:

Final Fantasy 4. - I don't really know why.
    TWEWY - Probably could go far if I bothered to pick it up.
    Megaman - I just..Can't be bothered to really try at it.
    Silver Surfer NES - Anyone who says they have is lying.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Hmm...

One Piece (GBA) - The Buggy level was so hard! Sheesh! :cer_pissed: Once I wittled down his stupid HP and almost beat him, bu lost. Haven't made more attempts in a while

Rocket: Robot on Wheels (N64) - Made by Sucker Punch (responsible for Sly Cooper series), that is one of my favorite platformers ever! :) However, some of the tokens and tickets are incredibly hard to find/get, barring you from the last ticket if tokens are missing. Had to use a walkthrough for most of it, and now I'm stuck on Jojo's level, even with in-game cheatcodes! I'm going to try to beat it with no walkthrough soon. Project 64's save states would help so much...! :D

Super Mario 64 (N64)- I don't think it was mainly difficulty; I sold the game when I was younger because Bowser's laugh scared me, lol :nervous:. One of my worst mistakes ever! If I got the game again I could probably beat it...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past (GBA Version) - I don't know why; I think I got halfway through and then began using a guide. I lost the cartridge though, so I never finished the game. But I doubt how far I would've gone without the walkthrough. I hope to beat it someday.

Super Mario World (GBA) - Another Mario stumper. But it wasn't my fault! (I think.) I beat A LOT of levels in it. But there was a certain level I beat,and then the overworld didn't extend the path to a new world, it just extended the path to a world I beat already, so I was stuck going in circles. Again, I'm going to try that one for another go someday. Probably a shortcut I needed to take...

Halo 3 (XB360)- Ugh. I was interested in the game, but I didn't grasp the controls well. I've only played one round ever, and I didn't hear how to play. I ended up getting 0 KOs...it was so annoying. :( But I'll pwn people in the future (I hope.)

NFL Blitz (N64)
    - Easy and Normal I can match, but Hard difficulty gives you a run for your money! Those guys fumble and intercept WAY too much.

F-Zero GX (GCN) - This game is insanely difficult (renowned for that), but I managed to place #1 for like 10 seconds during the race! But I'm never able to finish at #1; hit one boundary and you drift to like, last place almost instantly! I place in the Top 10-20, usually. (By the way, all of what I've said applies only bto races featuring 30 drivers simultaneously, where you rank #1-#30)

I think that's pretty much it. I wish there weren't so many games on the list, though... Anyway, I'll most likely retry all the games...EXCEPT that One Piece game! Honesty, the Hard difficulty for the Buggy Level is UNFORGIVABLE! :cer_pissed: :( :disappoin

Back