• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Gangsta.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Gangsta.

Gangsta.​

Synopsis:
    In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the "Handymen," Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.​

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jul 2, 2015 to Sep 17, 2015
    Producers: Manglobe, Funimation
    Genres: Action, Drama, Seinen
    Duration: 23 min. per episode
    Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)
    It looks like a dark and gritty show. I have the first episode just ready to be seen. Will report back with my impressions once I'm done with it. What about you guys? Anyone got any plans to follow this one? :3

derozio

Years
    What? The first episode is already out lol. And it was just like I expected it to be! Awesome!

Dat OP doe. So friggin sexy. I'll write a proper impressions post tomorrow. 3am nao. But yeah, go watch it asap kenchiin!!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    That OP was nice, the first episode wasn't bad either. The first half of the episode was pretty much uneventful and unexciting but that's to be expected. Wait and see what the next episode brings.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This is one of the few shows I'm looking forward to this season, didn't realize the first episode had already aired, I'll have to check it out!

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    I only just found out about this one today, watched the trailer and I'm stoked about this one already. Going to watch it as soon as I get home from work and can stop being responsible :D

derozio

Years
    Oh damn, I was looking at the wrong place, on my way!

This is one of the few shows I'm looking forward to this season, didn't realize the first episode had already aired, I'll have to check it out!

I only just found out about this one today, watched the trailer and I'm stoked about this one already. Going to watch it as soon as I get home from work and can stop being responsible :D
    You three need to get on with it. Watch it asap, people! And c'here with your impressions once done! :D

Anyway, impressions from first episode:
    Definitely not your average anime - much darker and grittier. The art seems a little rough and it suits the show imo. Animation was a little choppy but smart choreography and good direction prevented it from making it look very awkward. Even during the fight scenes.

But yeah, getting back to its dark tones - I literally can't watch this show around my family lol. That aside, I really like the world it has managed to portray so far. We haven't been shown much but we already know that the world in Gangsta. isn't the ideal crime-free place you usually live in - the place is brimming with prostitution, murder, gang-wars and whatnot. The initial section of the episode, although slow paced, does a good job of depicting these aspects of its world and establishing it. Second section is where shit hits the fan and we get some action. I can't say I was a fan of the fights - what with them being very choppy for my taste - but there were a few really cool moments in there. One moment in particular that highlighted our MC's sole "handicap" to a degree. Good stuff.

Coming to the "handicap" itself - Probably the first time I'm watch an anime with a deaf MC. I'm excited. He can speak but does it in a slightly broken manner - fitting since for him to be able to speak clearly, he'd have to have heard stuff clearly. Which he can't. So the broken speech comes off as a nice touch to underline his character trait. Also, it sounds unbelievably cool when he does it too. <3 Dat kick omg. So fucking boss. :DDD

Alex. I fucking love Alex. She's beautiful. I like both her design and the kind of character she is. Here's to hope she does some badass stuff in the upcoming episodes. She's suffered quite a lot and I definitely wouldn't like it if she ends up being treated like a third wheel and doesn't get her time to shine. That'd suck.

The other eyepatch'd dude. He's pretty cool too. Liking him quite a bit so far. Seems like a very stylish person. And, going by what I read in the second chapter of the series, it fits too.

Very, very curious about the "dogtags". Wonder what they're all about? Either way, seems like a top anime contender for now. But it is too early to say anything. Just the first episode, after all. High hopes, though!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    I saw the first episode. It was decent. About what I expected it to be.
    I prefer the manga but I'll keep watching.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Sorry for the delay! ~~~

Anyhow, I loved the first episode! Some comments on spoiler due to spoilers :P

Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    The OP is ok, has a eelctro feel to it which was not quite what I was expecting considering the more gritty nature of the show. Like Kenchiin, I noticed Wallace's voice being the same as Archer's which is pretty cool. The more interesting parts happened in the second half - Nicholas was badass as fk, though I expect more detail on the whole tags thing. My only wish is that Alex doesn't end up being sidelined like Lisa was in Zankyou no Terror.

derozio

Years
    Episode 2:
    Sooooo, they just shed some more light on the tags and how they are ordered in ranks. Still, no proper explanation about where they're from or who started using them first or anything. :p

Either way, I read a bit of second chapter from the manga and I was surprised to find out that they'd gone ahead and skipped a big portion of the second chapter - Nick's and Worrick's backstory. Also, the kawaii small chick's "I thought she was Worrick's..." comment would've made sense had we seen that part of the chapter that got skipped over. Maybe they're just rearranging things. Because I'd hate to see it get skipped over. Talking about their backstories will give them more depth and letting us know about things like *what that chick meant when she said the dialogue above (since the implication of the statement is important here)* helps in characterization of the characters.

Either way, we see a duel. And the fight was good stuff. It was brutal and well done - just the way I like it. :D Alex's reaction to it felt very natural. Also, loved how she's using her charms to their assistance. <3; Alex besto grill. <333

Looking forward to the next episode and the appearance of more people - want to see who those silhouetted people were at the end. :3

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Another great episode has been delivered to us!
    I will just point something out: The female cast is really pathetic...
    Spoiler:

Years

Another great episode has been delivered to us!
    I will just point something out: The female cast is really pathetic...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
    I don't know, people. I don't exactly see anything wrong with Alex's portrayal. As for the other kid, we haven't even seen much of her to comment on her or anything. Don't see where the complaints are coming from.

Sure, we definitely haven't seen any character that remotely resembles, say, Motoko Kusanagi or Balsa Yonsa, but seeing as how even the OP concentrates more on Nick running around and the other dude looking cool than the measly few seconds of screen time Alex gets in there, I don't think it is realistic to expect what you people have been expecting. I just knew this show will concentrate more on the main duo more than anything.

Still, it has just been two episodes. Things can still definitely change for Alex, if not for any other character.

That reminds me. There's still one chick yet to be introduced (not one of the shadows. She's present in the OP. Oh, and she's the blonde chick in the first post. In the middle). She might just be that character.

MrDrPants

SithLord
    Years
    The first two episodes blew my mind.
    The grungy, dark atmosphere really helped the characters pop.
    I'm dying to know what the tags are and why they have enhanced powers.
    Maybe they're the byproduct of human-experimentation?
    Maybe they're mutants from birth. Who knows?

I can see where you're coming from with the comments about Alex and the lack of a prominent female role.
    However, not every show is required to have one.
    I think this is going to develop into a story about Nick and the Tags in general.
    I can't complain about that if it happens though.
    He is a vastly intriguing character with a shit ton of mystery behind him.

I can't wait for episode 3. ❤️

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Aha! This was not an action-packed episode, but we did have a lot of character development.
    Spoiler:

Back