• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    So no tournaments for even once?

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Well guys, Battle for Zendikar is out!

What are your thought on the set? Have you pulled anything good? Did you attend any prerelease, launch, or draft events?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I almost went to a prerelease. I would have LOVED to have tried Prerelease out with this set, oh well.

Hopefully I'll be getting a box soon, though. Then maybe make x2 BFZ 40 card decks from them or something? Idk x.x

But this set is legendary, simply because of this:

Wuff <3

Sir Codin

I decided to get the Black/Red Devoid deck. Can't wait to piss off my friend who uses color-targeting cards.

Years
  • Well guys, Battle for Zendikar is out!

What are your thought on the set? Have you pulled anything good? Did you attend any prerelease, launch, or draft events?

A guy I know got a Prerelease Ulamog.

I proceeded to leave said card shop and kept my money as a result of overloading salt.

Gonna start drafting it soon though once I do a few practice drafts.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Username: Deceptio
    Favourite Colour: W B G
    Favourite Deck: Don't have a favourite atm.
    Mode of Play: Online

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Username: Deceptio
    Favourite Colour: W B G
    Favourite Deck: Don't have a favourite atm.
    Mode of Play: Online

Welcome to the club, Jay! ^^ You use Magic Duels to play, right?

Also I'll be adding a direct link for a skype chat made for the MtG club, I'll post it later today when I get home

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Im back from a long hiatus so,
    Hi Im Draskk
    What the current topic?

Hey Draskk! Welcome back to PC! :)

I believe the current topic is Battle for Zendikar
    "What are your thought on the set? Have you pulled anything good? Did you attend any prerelease, launch, or draft events?"

I'll go ahead and answer for myself since I just recently bought BfZ for the first time.
    I bought a box and so far I've only opened 12 packs, but I opened a Ulamog, which was pretty exciting :)

Years
  • Hm BfZ seems interesting

Not entirely sure what devoid is about other than making target (color) creature do something

Ulamog is a game ender thats for sure and by the time you get him out your opponent usually has less than 20 so instant win

Green dosent seem to have as much big monsters and more low casting cost creatures this set

Blue has a card that is kinda OP Part the Waterveil lets blue get an entire extra turn meaning card advantage, more land, and a chance to play something big like ulamog.

Red is typical aggro and rush to victory with a few biggies in ther to end the game

Black seems to be focused on control and graveyard this set and less on lifesucking
    It also seems to have alot of card draw meaning you could get overrun quick

White has life gain, weenies, enchantments, and lots of ways to beef creatures up.

Years
  • Username: Boss Salamence.
    Favourite Colour: Red
    Favourite Deck: Don't have one.
    Mode of Play: Online, but haven't played it in sometime.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • Username: Boss Salamence.
    Favourite Colour: Red
    Favourite Deck: Don't have one.
    Mode of Play: Online, but haven't played it in sometime.

Welcome to the club! When you play red, do you use burn? Or another type of red? What mode of online do you use?

Has anyone gotten their hands on the Commander 2015 decks? I bought the R/W one and the G/B deck, they're both very fun! I feel like the decks this year are really good, because most of them seem to work well in competitive right out of the box

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Ulamog is a game ender thats for sure and by the time you get him out your opponent usually has less than 20 so instant win

Green dosent seem to have as much big monsters and more low casting cost creatures this set

I... am confused by this. XD I made a G/B eldrazi deck with just cards from one booster box I got. I can consistently get Ulamog out by turn 6-7, and I'd consider that slow. How on earth is the opposing player going to have less than 20 cards in their library that quickly? Even with sick card draw, they wouldn't manage to do that, nor is there that strong of a mill potential in BfZ, iirc. (Outside of the Eldrazi themselves)

And this leads into your second point... green does have big creatures. Or rather, the green playstyle leads into using the big creatures of this set - the Eldrazi. You don't need a creatures colour symbols to be green for you to use them. They're colourless, so stick them in monogreen ramp all you want. Works the same way as any other time you'd want to do it. :3

Back