• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Welcome Nidokingdra :D~

Why is your mill deck your favourite?

Years
    So a friend gave me a giant box of cards with a bunch of stuff he doesn't use since he plays Standard.

I play EDH and it was just a damned jackpot box of things I wanted. Melek and all the Red/Blue I could want.

And Tajic. That's cool too. Now I get to nuke myself for no reason while he's out.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    So a friend gave me a giant box of cards with a bunch of stuff he doesn't use since he plays Standard.

I play EDH and it was just a damned jackpot box of things I wanted. Melek and all the Red/Blue I could want.

And Tajic. That's cool too. Now I get to nuke myself for no reason while he's out.

I absolutely love the Guild Champions oo:

They're so fun to use in EDH <3

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    yesterday i put together a white soldier deck with elspeth. i must say, im pretty impressed i did it within 10 minutes lol. i really need the new gideon card for it!

Ullion

Years
    I have a deck like that, Kayla. It is one of my favourites, despite not really being a fan of white or tokens. Just such a funny deck :3

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i also made a centaur deck and a random black and blue deck. pretty cool with zombie flying thing i forget what it's called, but it's blue!

we pre ordered a box and two fat packs! can't wait until october 2nd ^_^

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I'm torn between a booster box and a fat pack. I might get both because full art lands are great.

I'm also considering buying a random card lot to get cards for an edh deck. I don't have enough/good ones for an edh deck, so idk. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I started my collection by buying a couple of boxes of random cards from my local card shop. They were $10 for 800 or so cards and I ended up getting a lot of really good stuff in the first box that I bought that pretty much paid for both it and the second one that I bought. I'd say it's worth it, but there's always the chance that you could just get a collection of shit. I've been tempted to buy some people's collections off of craigslist because they don't want to bother with spending hours at the card shop pulling, pricing and condition checking everything they could actually get something for so they end up selling it at pretty decent prices. But the last two collections I've called about were already sold by the time I got to them which bummed me out since there were quite a few cards that I wanted right off the bat.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    I'm torn between a booster box and a fat pack. I might get both because full art lands are great.

I'm also considering buying a random card lot to get cards for an edh deck. I don't have enough/good ones for an edh deck, so idk. Do you guys think it's worth it?

usually my bf and i just get a box, but we are getting the fat packs only because the full art land. they have pictures of it, and they're beautiful! i would get a fat pack because the full art lands tend to be worth a lot of money later on. also, if you aren't sure, you could always try to find someone to split the cost with. that's what i do with my bf.

Ullion

Years
    I'm so tempted to buy both a full box and a fatpack. I want all the lands ;o;

Especially the fullart UR land.

UR master race!

Bidoof FTW

Years
    Fat Packs get that fresh spindown die and a pack of full art lands

I know what would get my $$$

Bidoof FTW

Years
    Gathering all Magic Players - The Magic: the Gathering Club!

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

:P

EDIT: So it seems we've decided on W/U/B for the EDH deck!

Here are all of the Esper commanders https://edhleague.com/index.php/edh-generals/triple-color-friendly/whiteblueblack-generals
    Which ones do you guys want to use?

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Sen Triplets, Dromar or Oloro are the only ones really worth running so one of those three.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I went to a BFZ prerelease event yesterday. RIP I was rekt in two rounds. I got Undergrowth Champion, though! A cool mythic rare that I will use in an elemental/landfall Red Green Deck. I just need most of the other cards. :p

Two Expeditions lands were also opened and a ton of planeswalkers.

I got a Radiant Flames promo, though, so that is nice. And the deck box is also cute.

Also, a Mist Intruder, be jealous Ulli.

BFZ has some really, really interesting cards. Return to Kazandu will be great in any deck with Green in it. Especially with Black/Green Decks with vampires like Bloodbond Vampire and Kalastria Healer.

Ullion

Years
    *goes to ask for a name change to "Gimmemistintruder" *

Thats a shame how things turned out Omi, hopefully you'll get better luck next time! ^-^

A lot of the possible archtypes for BfZ in limited are really cool. Totally stoked to play it myself~

Back