• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds: On or Off?

eNz

Stealthy.
    Years
    I for one think that nothing beats that timeless tune of the early pokemon games. Do you guys like the Game Boy music or the modern HG/SS music?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I really enjoy this feature of HG/SS since it brings back a sense of the old original Gold and Silver. I usually forget about the gadget though, but when I sometimes snoop around my backpack for items and such I find it and turn it on. :D
    Reminds me of when I was a little kid.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I change it, depending on how I feel that day.
    It ended up being one of my favorite features of HG/SS, actually. I played G/S/C so much back in the day that I pretty much memorized all of the music. :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I change it between the HGSS tunes and the GSC tunes, because nostalgia is a wonderful thing. XD

I did notice that the GSC tunes via GB Sounds sounds a bit different due to less static-y percussion in tunes but I got used to that rather quickly. XD

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I usually play with the sound off only cause i spend a lot of time in one route and the music can become very tedious so i usually just play listing to my Ipod. But to get back on topic when i do listen i choose Old School GB sound

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    A combination of both when I do have the music on, because sometimes I'm too lazy to activate the GB Sounds doohickey. But most of the time it's late 80's power ballads from my laptop speakers :P

I might add that my brother adamantly hates the remixed Silver/Rival theme but I don't think he knows about the GB Sounds gizmo xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    On occasion, I turn the GB sounds on just to see what the music in a particular location sounds like if it was G/S/C.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I always play with the volume turned all the way to zero. But on the occasional time I have the volume on, I just listen to the HG/SS music. Screw nostalgia.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Turned "ON."
    God, those sounds bring so much memories. <3
    I really like it when I'm on the Cycling Road and it's turned on.

Cyndaquil

'lo.
    Years
    I really enjoy this feature of HG/SS since it brings back a sense of the old original Gold and Silver. I usually forget about the gadget though, but when I sometimes snoop around my backpack for items and such I find it and turn it on. :D
    Reminds me of when I was a little kid.

^ This. If I remember to turn it on, I do so. Or when I realize I'm listening to the HG/SS version of a theme...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I change it around. If I'm sick of hearing the new music, I switch to old. And vice versa. :)

Silmeria

Years
    On, because I'm a sucker for nostalgia and you don't get much more nostalgic than that...I was annoyed that it took so long to unlock, actually. Playing through the whole game with GB Sounds on would have been brilliant. The remixes are very nice, but nothing beats listening to the old tunes.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I almost always have it on the old music... Unless there is a certain one I like more than the original, which is pretty much never. I would much rather hear the original GBC's music. XD

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    As much as I love the original G/S/C music it's not too often that I keep the GB sounds on. Personally I love most of the remixes and as good as the original themes are, they just sound a bit different with the GB player and seem to have kind of a reverb effect to them, which slightly annoys me, along with my opinion that the older versions of the songs don't always fit with the newer generation 4 battle scene.

Back