• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds: On or Off?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I definitely prefer it on. HeartGold and SoulSilver were already nostalgic, but GB Sounds was just like a nostalgic punch to the face. Its usually always on unless I'm in Cerulean City or another area where they changed the original music >.<

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    On my old save file, when I had the GB Sounds, I didn't think much of it, although I did like it. But, It brought be back to the nostalgic past when I went into a battle with it on. I miss the old battle music...! :D

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I dont have the either of the remakes,but my brother does and he listens too it sometimes. When I here it I like it equal to the new music......
    edit:XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDsometimes the old music brings back memories of me borrowing my cousins old Pokemon games.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
  • I use it mostly if I'm in Johto, but not a lot in Kanto, because many of the songs are trying too hard to be retro, since the GB Sounds only does the Bike theme, Ecurteak/Cianwood City and Indigo Plateau/Mt. Silver exterior exactly, accurately. But I do use it if I know I'm about to battle, as the battle themes are great.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I use it occasionally....for example, I always press Y when I go to Violet/Olivine City because I dislike the new music....Gen III's Sevii version was better........and I like to play them against Red to distinguish him from Lance.....that theme is epic, even when GB Sounds-ified.

electrifuzz

Uhh, might I ask how do you change the sounds to the classic games? I never knew about this...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Uhh, might I ask how do you change the sounds to the classic games? I never knew about this...
    Once you get all 16 gym badges you can go to the Celedon Mansion and talk to an NPC (that works for Gamefreak durr hurr), who'll give you the GB Sounds item - using it changes the tunes between HGSS to GSC ones.

electrifuzz

Once you get all 16 gym badges you can go to the Celedon Mansion and talk to an NPC (that works for Gamefreak durr hurr), who'll give you the GB Sounds item - using it changes the tunes between HGSS to GSC ones.

Thank you! I guess that's more motivation to get through my monotype challenge!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I usually have it on when I have the opportunity to play. Reminds me of my childhood. even though i'm not actually that old

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I play the GB Sounds for whenever I feel like hearing it. Like on Route 39. Or surfing. It just sounds better in certain places. But mostly I just listen to the HG/SS music. I never played Silver as a kid, soo...this "nostalgia" thing is lost on me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    GB sounds because the remixes are terrible. The route music i lisent with GB Sounds all the time.

Years
  • I used to hate listening to the music in Gold and Silver because I'd played the games for so long. But ever since the remakes, I cant get enough. It reminds you of the good old days.

Last edited:
    Back