• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GB Sounds!

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
    A great little nifty feature in HG/SS was the GB sounds key item! For those of you who never played the remakes of gold and silver, or just completely missed the item, (because it WAS quite out the way) it was a item that once activated, replaced all the remixed soundtrack with the original 8 bit theme... Now, my only problem with this item? It was post game content. So many themes (Team Rockets) was pretty much impossible to play in 8 bit, unless you activated it and then did the Giovanni event...

So, the point of this topic, who else would like to see this item return for ORAS? Call it GBA sounds!! :D
    But let us have access to it early into the game! Maybe build it into the Pokenav? What do you guys and gals think?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Im suprisedq noone ever thought of this!
    I mean we're all like we want trupmets give us trumpets.

GBA SOUNDS FOR ORS!

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    It'd be "GBA Sounds" though. And at least this time around they could do it 'right' - they'll obviously be using streamed music again for the main music and they must have streamed versions of the RSE music.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Well I kinda like having an ingame item listening to the nostalgic tunes of RSE. They could add it as a feature for the PokeNav perhaps and like there is an interface wherein you can choose and listen to the different tunes :)

Years
    I'll need to dig for the link, but I saw an interview not long ago saying that the only reason they included GB sounds in HG/SS was because Gold and Silver never got an official soundtrack release. They still could include it, but with that in mind I don't think it's likely that they will.

EDIT: Found it.

Once players finished Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver they were able to unlock the music from the original games, why haven't you included this option or unlock in later releases?

The original Gold and Silver titles never actually got a soundtrack, and that was something the sound team kind of regretted. Red and Blue, Ruby and Sapphire, and others all had soundtracks, but there wasn't a good place to hear the original Gold and Silver tracks, so it was really a special case that the sound team put them in as a bonus for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'll need to dig for the link, but I saw an interview not long ago saying that the only reason they included GB sounds in HG/SS was because Gold and Silver never got an official soundtrack release. They still could include it, but with that in mind I don't think it's likely that they will.

EDIT: Found it.

Well that kinda stinks tho. Still, there is still a possibility GF would add the RSE soundtracks back into ORAS.

Years
    Please Gamefreak, add GBA sounds for nostalgia's sake, WE OFFER YOU OUR MONEY!
    It wouldn't help since there's already an RSE soundtrack on iTunes, that would mean more money for them if they didn't add GBA sounds, which they really want.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    GB Sounds in HGSS feature additional tracks which didn't exist in the original games, too.

I personally think it would be a waste of space. The GBA doesn't sound bad enough to be nostalgic IMO. :P Besides, considering the GBA sounds aren't that bad, would they sound much different from the remixed tunes?

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    A great little nifty feature in HG/SS was the GB sounds key item! For those of you who never played the remakes of gold and silver, or just completely missed the item, (because it WAS quite out the way) it was a item that once activated, replaced all the remixed soundtrack with the original 8 bit theme... Now, my only problem with this item? It was post game content. So many themes (Team Rockets) was pretty much impossible to play in 8 bit, unless you activated it and then did the Giovanni event...

So, the point of this topic, who else would like to see this item return for ORAS? Call it GBA sounds!! :D
    But let us have access to it early into the game! Maybe build it into the Pokenav? What do you guys and gals think?

GBA sounds, sounds amazing, but...

The whole "you couldn't here the rocket's theme in 8bit"

You could. I forget what day, but the radio station plays 8bit theme's on it's "retro" day.

But yea, I'd love a GBA sounds, as long as the Trumpets are still glorious.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    GBA sounds incorporated in the PokeNav seems like a cool idea. :D I wouldn't imagine the remixed music's sounds be too different from the originals, I'd still probably use it when it makes the cut for nostalgia. :) Reading the previous posts, I'm starting to have my doubts on whether this will actually make it, but I could survive the game without it. I'm really going to miss the original music though

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
    would it not be 'GBA' sounds? ...
    Anways, i think this would be a FANTASTIC idea, GB sounds on HG/SS brought such a feeling of nostalgia and it was great!

Here's hoping OR/AS have something similar :)

Azar

Elite Four
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    GBA sound! This is something cool. With this item, I'll remember great pieces of music that I listened in RSE version. It can be an option for GameFreak, so... Why not? Good idea!

PS: I played HG/SS, but I didn't find this item. I need to search it.

Years
    That'd be cool, but I would like it more if they tried remixing the original RSE tunes for ORAS to make them sound new and modern. Then, they could add in this little mechanic post-game, as it was done in HGSS. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not partial to the old tunes or the new ones. More than half the time my game is muted anyway, so either way, it won't make much of a difference for me. n__n;

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    GBA sounds, sounds amazing, but...

The whole "you couldn't here the rocket's theme in 8bit"

You could. I forget what day, but the radio station plays 8bit theme's on it's "retro" day.

But yea, I'd love a GBA sounds, as long as the Trumpets are still glorious.

Or if you managed to find a way to get GB Sounds early.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe Norman or the mother can give it to the player at some point.

I also would like it if they added in Kanto sound, Johto sound, Sinnoh sound, Unova sound, and Kalos sound for post game. For Sinnoh's it could be the starting route (301). Unova's could be Unova's route 10 (irc that's the destroyed route). Kanto's could be Pallet town. Johto's could be Ecruteak city. Kalos' could be Lumiose city's.

Back