• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GB Sounds!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    If you watch this trailer,

It actually contains the remade version of "Title Screen: Main Theme" as found in the original RS soundtrack.

It will give you a rough idea of the remade themes.

That said, anyone thinks that Team Magma and Team Aqua might get different battle themes this time?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, I kinda noticed that theme too. I'm pretty sure that will be in the game. Atleast trumpets return, amirite?

I don't think GF would mess much with the music that much but seeing has the evil teams get redesigns, I'm having a second thought about it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd love the GB Sounds to come back in OR/AS. I enjoyed the original soundtrack of R/S/E, and I can't wait to listen to the remixed versions in the remakes. But there may be times when I miss the old sound font, so the GB Sounds will take care of that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if I'd actually be missing old RSE themes, personally, as I listen to them at least once every couple of months. Though, it'd still be great to see them make it into ORAS in some shape or form, and GB Sounds would most definitely be the perfect way. Of course, I cannot see this feature returning with the same, exact title (as these games were for GameBoy Advance), but it could always come back with a new one.

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    I hope they can do this for the new remakes, the same way it was for HG/SS. The original soundtracks were great !

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It's a neat feature, but like the OP said, some songs were impossible to listen to in 8-bit due to the item being post-game material, which I'm sure the same thing will happen with the hypothetical GBA sounds feature.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    The soundtrack IMO doesn't actually need much remixing if at all. My copy of sapphire is the only Pokémon game I play with the sound always on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I would like to see it return but not as an item. It should just be a standard option on the Options menu. It doesn't make sense to restrict it to the post-game where the player is basically done and won't get to utilize the item. Give it at the start and players will be able to adjust their play experience to be more enjoyable. If you want the nostalgia factor you can switch over and be satisfied. Heck, maybe you just need to mix it up because you've grown tired of the other option.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe Norman can give it to us (or add the option on our Pokénav) after we help Wally out.
    Or maybe we'll get it at the hotel in Lilycove, seeing how that's where GF's avatars stayed at during RSE, and in HGSS we got it from them. It may be late but it'll still allow us to listen to the original evil teams theme, as well the the original gym theme for the 7th and 8th gyms. Also the weather trio theme, weather overworld music (creepy music it was...and probably still is going to be), and other end of main story music pieces.

Years
    I loved this thing in HGSS, but hated how you got it so late in the game :< If a similar item returns to ORAS (which I hope it does), I hope it's obtainable before post-game, particularly before fighting Team Magma/Aqua for the last time. I'm also looking forward to seeing the music devamps of any new tracks that appear in the games (assuming there will be new ones, anyway).

Back