• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • _ Sprites that I drew: Mega Alakazam/ Tyranitar/ Gyarados/ Aerodactyl/ Manectric/ Scizor (based on a fan picture on google)/ Steelix (based on Steelix DS 64x64 sprite)... that're GBA styles, sr!
    _ Sprites that i resized (from DS sprites on google... i can't remember its source, but i think u can find it easily) : Mega Metagross/ Glalie/ Sableye/ Sharpedo/ Camerupt/ Ampharos/ Abomasnow/ Lopunny/ Gengar/ Pidgeot/ Beedrill
    _ Mega Absol, i down from google and only turn its head + change its color like Absol GBA sprite...

I see. I strongly suggest to find the name of the original creator of the sprites that you resized by yourself because MrDS won't accept them without the name of the original creator, should he accept one of them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Tails19950's picture i use to drew Mega Scizor sprite (Deviant art)
    https://tomycase.deviantart.com/art/212-Mega-Scizor-438704048

Original creators of some DS sprites i resized:
    _ Mega Sabyele: Falgaia (Deviant art)
    https://falgaia.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Sableye-QC-491476919
    _ Mega Glalie: Brylark (Deviant art)
    https://brylark.deviantart.com/art/MegaGlalie-Sprite-489185071
    _ Mega Lopunny: Brylark, but the sprite i edited is poke-7's one (Deviant art)
    https://brylark.deviantart.com/art/MegaLopunny-Sprite-474298564
    https://poke-7.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Luponny-64x64-GBA-for-hacks-510710385
    _ Mega Ampharos: TheSandwichGamer64 (Deviant art)
    https://thesandwichgamer64.deviantart.com/art/MegaAmpharos-sprite-392217733
    _ Mega Pidgeot: Princess-phoenix (Deviant art)
    https://princess-phoenix.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Pidgeot-488494191
    _ Mega Beedrill: Gnomowladny (Deviant art)
    https://gnomowladny.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Beedrill-Sprite-487714422
    _ Mega Metagross: Legitimate Username (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/page-114
    _ Mega Sharpedo: Layell (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/page-114
    _ Mega Camerupt: WPS (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/page-110
    _ Mega Abomasnow: TorterraX (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/page-26
    _ Mega Gengar: Wobblebuns (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/page-82
    _ Mega Absol: Layell (Smogon)
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-sprite-project-read-1st-post-pixel-perfect.3486712/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Volcanion's main sprite's link on the first post is dead. I looked the post with Volcanion's sprite, and it's there. What's the difference though? XD

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I tried to resize/redraw Mega Alakazam and Mega Mewtwo Y back sprites based from a sprite sheet made by Pokemon Subrosia (he based from "Layell, Mos Quitoxe and Red Rooster"; not sure who among them made the most original)... Here are the sprites...

Mega Alakazam:
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Mega Mewtwo Y:

Sorry don't think I'll be using either of them.

Won't be using any of these, most of these I've already done, and the ones that I haven't done you haven't done in the correct style.

Volcanion's main sprite's link on the first post is dead. I looked the post with Volcanion's sprite, and it's there. What's the difference though? XD

I'll fix that! Must be missing something.

Anyway here's Mega Sableye! I'll probably do Mega Lopunny and Gyarados next.

Credits to Axl for the front sprite, with help from thedarkdragon11 in regards to resizing.

Here is its icon sprite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Sorry don't think I'll be using either of them.

Won't be using any of these, most of these I've already done, and the ones that I haven't done you haven't done in the correct style.

I'll fix that! Must be missing something.

Anyway here's Mega Sableye! I'll probably do Mega Lopunny and Gyarados next.

Credits to Axl for the front sprite, with help from thedarkdragon11 in regards to resizing.

Here is its icon sprite.

mega sableye is awesome but reindex the image or test it.... there is a green line above front sprites ;)

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • I know that this is more work, but it might be fun to keep a Completed sprites sheet with all the megas to track your progress like you did with gen 6. It is definitely not necessary, but I know that when I work on a project, I like to see the whole culmination of my work in one place. It makes it more satisfying to add to it and see all that i've done piled together in one heap lol
    Keep it up!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I know that this is more work, but it might be fun to keep a Completed sprites sheet with all the megas to track your progress like you did with gen 6. It is definitely not necessary, but I know that when I work on a project, I like to see the whole culmination of my work in one place. It makes it more satisfying to add to it and see all that i've done piled together in one heap lol
    Keep it up!

For example.. this?
    Spoiler:

(But obviously using an original template)

It certainly looks kinda cool, but I think it's an unnecesary effort :/ ..
    It would be better if something like this is done when the project is already done and all the Megas are ready.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Keep it up!

I actually already have one on my computer, but I'm waiting until they're all done.

For example.. this?
    Spoiler:

(But obviously using an original template)

It certainly looks kinda cool, but I think it's an unnecesary effort :/ ..
    It would be better if something like this is done when the project is already done and all the Megas are ready.

Thanks, that's actually what I'm waiting to do.

Like this?

Spoiler:

Yes that looks like the one I'm using, I'm just waiting until they're all done.

Reserving this post for Mega Lopunny, Gyarados, Altaria, Ampharos and Abomasnow in no particular order at all. They're definitely what I'm working on next, though I cannot be sure what I do first. As I've mentioned heaps of times I have Mega Ampharos' front sprite is done, but the hair on its backsprite is positively imposible to get right.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi again!
    This time I've got an actual Mega sprite instead of just an icon.

It's based off Pokemon Showdown's sprite.
    Like everything else, it's indexed.

EDIT: A Mega Mewtwo Y to go with the icon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello there!
    This project is really awesome and really cool...
    I'm just wandering if the icon sprites can be downloaded in one package if its done/finished.

Thanks and more sprites to come! :)

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • I have to admit, I've been stalking this thread for months now, and I am simply flabbergasted by the progress you all have made in this project. The sprites you've made and resized for this project are so well-done, matching the DS-generation games' style so very well. You capture the Pokemons' visuals in a great way. I want to thank you for the hard work you've put in, as these will come in handy for anyone to use!

I'd have to say my favorite of the bunch are the Honedge line's. Good job on the best Ghost of Gen VI!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hey all, I'm new here. I was looking at the Mega Houndoom sprite, and noticed that there were a lot of questionable palette choices and other oddities, so I made a few changes and touch ups. All I did was just edit the palette, as well as some minor edits on the claws. The size of the horns also bugs me, but that would require a repose to fix, and I don't have the energy to do that. Since I'm not allowed to post links yet, copy the following URL and add dot com after deviantart.

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Mega-Houndoom-Sprite-573015318?ga_submit_new=10%253A1447898194

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • Hey all, I'm new here. I was looking at the Mega Houndoom sprite, and noticed that there were a lot of questionable palette choices and other oddities, so I made a few changes and touch ups. All I did was just edit the palette, as well as some minor edits on the claws. The size of the horns also bugs me, but that would require a repose to fix, and I don't have the energy to do that. Since I'm not allowed to post links yet, copy the following URL and add dot com after deviantart.

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Mega-Houndoom-Sprite-573015318?ga_submit_new=10%253A1447898194

I see very little (actually, no difference at all) in comparing the two sprites side by side and even pasting over and un-pasting to really try and see a difference. The pallet choice, which looks fine to me, was likely done as the Sugimori art portrayed Mega-Houndoom because Mr. ds uses that concept art when making pallets

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I see very little (actually, no difference at all) in comparing the two sprites side by side and even pasting over and un-pasting to really try and see a difference. The pallet choice, which looks fine to me, was likely done as the Sugimori art portrayed Mega-Houndoom because Mr. ds uses that concept art when making pallets

Most of the palette changes I made were because the original palette didn't work well with the shiny sprite. There are 3 major changes:

1. That blue outline on the shiny back-sprite's horns has been swapped out for gray.

2. The tail is no longer black, it's now much more gray. This is because the original tail color was the same color as the outline, so on the shiny sprite, the tail was black, which is incorrect.

3. The claws now point downward, as well as have shading. If you look at mega houndoom's 3d model (which is what I used for reference when editing this), you'll notice that all of it's claws curve down. The original sprite had some curving up, some curving down, and one or two were just squares. This is from being taken from the regular Houndoom sprite.
    On top of this, the claws were reduced from 3-4 gray colors in the non-mega sprite to just one red color. This is almost understandable, except for the fact that there's already a second shade of red, used in the eye of the back-sprite. I've shaded the claws similarly to the non-mega sprite, using this second shade of red.

Take another look and see if you can spot the changes I mentioned above.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I was looking at the Mega Houndoom sprite, and I realized that there's actually one to many colors! I've fixed it now though, and I've updated the image here to match (I still can't post links, so make sure to add the (dot)com after deviantart):

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Mega-Houndoom-Sprite-573015318

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Hello! I tried to resize/re-draw Mega Diancie, Mega Banette, Mega Medicham, Mega Alakazam and Mega Mewtwo X sprites based from various sprites...

I modified some parts like the ribbon and the small gems' position for Mega Diancie... I tweaked/adjusted the ribbons to fit for Mega Medicham... I combined capylus' Mega Alakazam's body and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex's spoons... Here are the sprites...

Mega Diancie (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Banette (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Medicham (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Alakazam (based from capylus and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Mewtwo X (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

I also tried to re-draw capylus' Mega Tyranitar (the only pose I can find so far that can fit) but it looks harder so I discontinued...

EDIT: I merged my previous posts in one so that they can be easily rejected/accepted...

Last edited:
    Back