• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hawaii perhaps, there could be some new fire, water, and grass types in that location.

Would Hoenn count as a tropical region ala that? That had a volcano, many islands, a city of wooden treehouses, and too much water. So I don't know if we'd get another region like that.

Years
  • A customizable pokemon would be pretty cool!

Like if there was a build a bear workshop or robot plant where you could essentially make a pokemon. I think fans would go crazy for that! Players would also have the ability to make have some control over the pokemon's moveset, typing, ability, (or at least having some options.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • A customizable pokemon would be pretty cool!

Like if there was a build a bear workshop or robot plant where you could essentially make a pokemon. I think fans would go crazy for that! Players would also have the ability to make have some control over the pokemon's moveset, typing, ability, (or at least having some options.)
    I've had a similar idea on my mind for some time now (like 2009). They could make it a Pokémon whose normal forme is a black blob or perhaps Missing No. looking thing that takes the form of it's owner's imagination. Perhaps a certain set BST so it won't be broken.

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
  • A region set in Africa would be a nice change of pace imo. Since Africa is a continent and not a country, perhaps this region could have elements from various different African cultures incorporated into it rather than just one.

A customizable pokemon would be pretty cool!

That is a really great idea! I do think it would need to have certain limitations, so as to prevent you from making an overly powerful Pokemon. A set base stat total, as OmegaRuby pointed out, would factor in, as well as certain limitations on which moves can be picked depending on the types you pick. (For example, a Fire/Grass type could have fire and grass moves and perhaps some of other types, but probably not any/many water moves)

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Character customisation, and beyond what X and Y had so we can remove the silly hats!

Also something id love to see is more choice for your starter pokemon. Why not give a choice of any starter pokemon from any previous mainstream game?

Customisable pokemon is interesting but doubt itll be done, would be good if you customised its starter stage then got to allocate possible second typing at 2nd/3rd evo and stat changes.

Years
  • The sad truth is, it's not likely that we'll ever see the following Pokémon feature again, since they'd have over 700 Pokémon to make sprites for to follow around with. For HGSS I doubt it was as much of a big deal to make as it'd be today.

Customization, though, I would surely be up for that returning.

Years
  • I don't think that's really a good excuse, though? Granted, HGSS was two generations ago, but nearly 500 Pokemon being made to follow you does seem like a lot in and out of itself. Of course, it being Gen VII we're talking about, we could be seeing upwards of 840+ Pokemon, which does seem like a lot in comparison to what HGSS had, but I still think it's pretty possible, however unlikely it is.
    Well the thing with HGSS was, that was not in fully made 3D, and it was on a different system. Compare how most Pokémon only had one square to fill most of the time (except big ones like Steelix and most legendaries) to this where it's more technical.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I have some predictions here in this link which was recently closed because I did not know that this thread was up here.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8775124#post8775124

I have some more predictions right here-
    1 The games will be called Pokemon Circle, Square and Triangle.
    2 The gen 4 remakes will be called Pokemon Steeldiamond and Aquapearl which will include Mega Torterra, Mega Infernape, Mega Empoleon. Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia.
    That's all I have for now and I'll be sure to post again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • ...I'm not sure whether to take the above posts seriously or not.

I think a follower would be a great idea, but not sure if it would actually get put into action. I also think the games may be on the New 3DS exclusively as Xenoblade was since they can do that now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    ...I'm not sure whether to take the above posts seriously or not.

I think a follower would be a great idea, but not sure if it would actually get put into action. I also think the games may be on the New 3DS exclusively as Xenoblade was since they can do that now.

I don't get any of that.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    For the poll I picked Africa. I figure somewhere with a wide variety of landscapes and people would make an interesting region to explore, mostly because Africa is a continent and not a country/region like past games have gone with. You'd have deserts, wide savannahs, rivers, mountains, capes and not to mention ancient cultures like the Egyptians and of course the all mother of safaris. They'd be so much they could do with it that I think it would make a really exciting world to explore. Part of me wanted to pick the UK since that is where I am from but I feel it would be too similar to Kalos.

I reckon the game will come out for the 3DS. I doubt they'll wait for the next handheld, although part of me wishes they would as it would give them more to play with. I can't see there being any exclusive 'New' features outside of Amiibo if it does come out on the 3DS. It'll probably run the same on both. Here's hoping it actually runs decently though; the performance is so hit and miss in XY/ORAS that it's really disappointing, especially in 3D. And speaking of 3D, I want it always in 3D, not just battles and some areas like caves.

I want character customisation to come back and I want more a more deeper system. Facial features, hairstyles, body types, clothes, the works. I don't want to see eye colour and hairstyles locked to a text based menu where you can't even see them before you buy. A deep system like this is available in most games that allow for customisation so Pokémon should be the same. Bring back Pokéball customisation whilst we're at it too.

A more natural and "real" looking world would be great. I feel it's time that Pokémon moved on from the grid based system of old and actually made beautiful landscapes for us to explore. We finally have full 3D movement now, let's see a full 3D world to go with it! I'm not expecting a third person view with a fully controllable camera (though that would be amazing), but just more real looking areas.

I'd like to see NPCs and Pokémon to live in the world more naturally as well. I don't want every NPC to be standing there with their sole purpose in life being to offer me a help tip about shoes, potions or status conditions. Give them something to do! Have some walk between towns, carrying out chores, have them return home at night time like in the Zelda games. And bring more Pokémon out in the wild too. The battle and capturing gameplay doesn't have to change, but I'd like to see Pokémon roaming the wild just like NPCs. Let me observe their lives and habitat.

Story and scenario wise, something less predictable would be great. BW tried to switch things up a bit and actually had character development with N and even your friends, and it had a semi decent storyline that kept you interested. Heck, they even threw things off course after you beat the Elite Four with the whole showdown and being denied to fight the Champion stuff. Let's have some more of that. Something that surprises us. To be honest though I'd like to see them not bother with a "Team" but something completely different.

This post has turned less about predictions and more about a personal wish list of what I want in a Pokémon game, so for that I apologise, but to be honest I believe some of what I say could potentially happen in Gen VII. Here's hoping anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    For the poll I picked Africa. I figure somewhere with a wide variety of landscapes and people would make an interesting region to explore, mostly because Africa is a continent and not a country/region like past games have gone with. You'd have deserts, wide savannahs, rivers, mountains, capes and not to mention ancient cultures like the Egyptians and of course the all mother of safaris. They'd be so much they could do with it that I think it would make a really exciting world to explore. Part of me wanted to pick the UK since that is where I am from but I feel it would be too similar to Kalos.

I reckon the game will come out for the 3DS. I doubt they'll wait for the next handheld, although part of me wishes they would as it would give them more to play with. I can't see there being any exclusive 'New' features outside of Amiibo if it does come out on the 3DS. It'll probably run the same on both. Here's hoping it actually runs decently though; the performance is so hit and miss in XY/ORAS that it's really disappointing, especially in 3D. And speaking of 3D, I want it always in 3D, not just battles and some areas like caves.

I want character customisation to come back and I want more a more deeper system. Facial features, hairstyles, body types, clothes, the works. I don't want to see eye colour and hairstyles locked to a text based menu where you can't even see them before you buy. A deep system like this is available in most games that allow for customisation so Pokémon should be the same. Bring back Pokéball customisation whilst we're at it too.

A more natural and "real" looking world would be great. I feel it's time that Pokémon moved on from the grid based system of old and actually made beautiful landscapes for us to explore. We finally have full 3D movement now, let's see a full 3D world to go with it! I'm not expecting a third person view with a fully controllable camera (though that would be amazing), but just more real looking areas.

I'd like to see NPCs and Pokémon to live in the world more naturally as well. I don't want every NPC to be standing there with their sole purpose in life being to offer me a help tip about shoes, potions or status conditions. Give them something to do! Have some walk between towns, carrying out chores, have them return home at night time like in the Zelda games. And bring more Pokémon out in the wild too. The battle and capturing gameplay doesn't have to change, but I'd like to see Pokémon roaming the wild just like NPCs. Let me observe their lives and habitat.

Story and scenario wise, something less predictable would be great. BW tried to switch things up a bit and actually had character development with N and even your friends, and it had a semi decent storyline that kept you interested. Heck, they even threw things off course after you beat the Elite Four with the whole showdown and being denied to fight the Champion stuff. Let's have some more of that. Something that surprises us. To be honest though I'd like to see them not bother with a "Team" but something completely different.

This post has turned less about predictions and more about a personal wish list of what I want in a Pokémon game, so for that I apologise, but to be honest I believe some of what I say could potentially happen in Gen VII. Here's hoping anyway.
    Game Freak would not choose an area out of Japan. Every single Pokemon game is located in a different region inside of Japan.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Unova is based on New York City and Kalos is based on France, so no, that's not true.
    To add to this, gens 1 through 4 just make up a small island chain off of Japan, not central Japan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back