• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender dysphoria

Discontent with your gender?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm content with my gender, no problems whatsoever. Genderbending is fun tho, who knows, I might be a girl or a boy?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't meet a lot of the stereotypical guy things, but I do identify with being a guy and don't have any problems. Do I think it would be cool to be a girl? Hell yeah, but I'm mainly interested to see what I would look like and see what it's like to get dolled up and do my hair and be more accepted for taking care of my skin, since most girls I know obsess over things like that. But do I wish I was a girl? No. I can't say I don't want to see what it's like to be one, though, and don't know if (given the magical chance to be one) I'd want to be one for more than just a day. Does that count as gender dysphoria or do you find that's pretty normal?

But I have to say! I am very jealous that girls are the ones with more toys when they're younger and girls are the ones who can typically carry a purse with everything they could want while I have to settle for putting things in my pockets. >___< I remember being so jealous when I saw commercials on TV for new girl toys and I pretty much had the same toys I've had for years.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    I am the way God made me. This is the Supreme Truth, and anyone who tells me that what I am is wrong is wrong themselves. If other people aren't happy with the way they are, I understand that, but I know that no matter what happens, there's a reason I am me.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I was pretty confused about this growing up, since I grew up in a pretty conservative area. I was unlike most boys around there, all my friends were girls and I was into girly things. When I got older all my crushes were even on guys. So yeah I was pretty confused. I can clearly remember the moment I became happy with myself though. I was at a Starbucks with my parents in Washington D.C. when I was 10 or 11, and I saw these two teenage guys kiss over at the counter. Right then it kind of dawned on me that just because I was a guy didn't mean I couldn't be with another guy. Up until then it had never even registered that homosexuality existed, like it didn't even cross my mind that it was possible. Sooo right that moment I knew I was gay and I was finally happy with my gender. Though I didn't fully accept that I was gay until a year or so later lol.

Of course, seeing those two guys kiss in public like that totally outraged my parents, haha.

Years
  • I've had my own questioning moments. Overall, though, I wouldn't want to change my gender, and am happy being a guy. Some people have told me I act feminine, and others just that I am not very masculine.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • I identify more as genderfluid on the genderqueer spectrum. I have more masculine moments, I have more feminine moments, and I don't consistently identify myself with either, but I guess I can be considered gender dysphoric since I'm not fully content with the sex I was born into.

Though I'm not exactly content with my male body, I still grew up in it, so I feel that it's developed into my own body, and I can live with it like I have before. This is pretty much an "I got used to it" situation for me, but I sometimes think that I would have been more satisfied with my body being born female instead.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I feel like I'm right in the middle between the two. I have male interests like gaming and cars, but on the other hand I love girls fashion and I have a weakness for cute things. All told though, I wouldn't change my gender... after living this long, it would be a huge shock.

Now, if I wished that I was born the other gender, that's another story entirely :P

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I like my current gender, but there are some days that I wish I was the opposite gender.

Back