• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Computer Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    All the articles and first hand experiences I've heard from people say stay with what you know, theoretically DVORAK could improve your productivity, but from what I understand, unless you learned it first, you first typing 'style' will be the most beneficial.

This is exactly what would happen. It won't make things any easier to try switching when you've already learned QWERTY so well.

Years
    Reinstalled Windows 7 on my Mac today. (Partitioned obviously XD)
    Isn't it annoying when you have to find all the software that you want and reinstall it?

Though, I would prefer to do that than, if you buy a full machine, uninstalling the stuff you don't want, then finding you own. XD​

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Isn't it annoying when you have to find all the software that you want and reinstall it?

Though, I would prefer to do that than, if you buy a full machine, uninstalling the stuff you don't want, then finding you own. XD​

Agreed. My new rig is triply bad in that respect, given that I have to do that with two OSes as well as drivers for OS X (my graphics card refuses to work, apparently).

Years
    I want Win7 so badly. I might do a repair of Vista and uninstall any .ocx files I manually installed. I want to test some more things.

Shall I rub it in a little?

Because I am a student, I get it free on the Microsoft server that I am a member of. MSDNAA.
    You have to apply to get access. Loads of stuff on there for free.

I got my Windows 7 64-bit off there with a key!​

Silver

Kyle
    Years

Because I am a student, I get it free on the Microsoft server that I am a member of. MSDNAA.

I got my Win7 copy for $35 through digital rivers, except now I've decided I want the 64-bit version and there really isn't a way for my to convert my key. :(

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years

Thank you thank you. I knew I saw a website where Microsoft was handing out Win 7 Professional to students but I forgot to bookmark it. Thanks for reminding me of the website, now to go tell my teacher to give me access, I even found my school on the list too.

I really wish they had Windows 7 on the Dreamspark Servers, I'm getting too many accounts with different companies. XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I heard of that myself. I'm in High School, but I don't think they'll run a program like that in a school with 1500 students.

What's Dreamspark? Never heard of it.

Another website where they hand out free MS software. (www.dreamspark.com) The only thing they don't have that I want is Win 7. I did download Server '03, and '08 from there. I'm using Server 2003 as my home server due to its small memory footprint, and Server '08 on my Netbook as a replacement for 7 Starter (IMHO Windows 7 Starter Version is failware.)

Years
    Thank you thank you. I knew I saw a website where Microsoft was handing out Win 7 Professional to students but I forgot to bookmark it. Thanks for reminding me of the website, now to go tell my teacher to give me access, I even found my school on the list too.

I really wish they had Windows 7 on the Dreamspark Servers, I'm getting too many accounts with different companies. XD

Anytime.
    I have to get things like Visual Studio 2008 off there and all that jazz.
    So I have to have access, so while I did, I thought I might as well get W7! XD​

Years
    Failware is right. My friend has it on his lappy and he can't change his factory-issued background.

I might sign up for that. I might find something I can use. Edit: Darn! They have my college, but I guess they don't do High Schools. I'll have to wait until I graduate. ;_;

They do give to unlisted schools, but you need a .edu email address or an equivalent from your school.

Years

If you want programs for Windows, there's a great program called Ninite. It downloads and installs a bunch of Apps with one installer. Auto picks the best options, and most updated versions, etc. HUGE time saver.

Years
    If you want programs for Windows, there's a great program called Ninite. It downloads and installs a bunch of Apps with one installer. Auto picks the best options, and most updated versions, etc. HUGE time saver.

Wish I knew about this before I installed everything! XD
    I will check it out! :3​

For some reason Adobe Flash isn't working here in Chrome @~@

Really? The only browser I use is Chrome on both OS's and I have never had a problem. Well, I don't think I have.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back