• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
  • Happy Gilmore said:
    Im a real noob at this, and I was wondering how you make rooms and set up warps to enter them?, eg. going into the Pokemon Center, Poke mart, etc
    Well, I'm not sure if you need this or not, but I thought "what the heck... why not?"

To "recycle" a map used all too much (coughpok?moncentercough), you can use an event called "Memorize Position" (or "Memory Place" in some versions).

I won't get technical, but this makes it so you can go to the Pok?mon Center in Viridian City, Pewter City, Cerulean City, etc. without making multiple Pok?mon Centers.
    All you have to do is follow these steps for the events specified:

=====Door Leading INTO Pok?mon Center=====
    <>Memorize Location: [a], , [c]
    <>Teleport: ????:Pok?mon Center(xx,yy)Retain Facing* (RM2K3 Only)
    <>
    Now let me explain. In the command event, a, b, and c are variables.
    It doesn't matter which ones you use, but I usually use them all in a row.
    They all have to be different ones. Let's say you use 0001, 0002, and 0003.
    The 1st one is "MapID", the 2nd one is "Xpos", and the 3rd is "Ypos".
    These save what map you were on, where you were from west to east, and where you were from north to south.
    (this command is the 6th command down on the left of page 2)
    The second command is the teleportation to the Pok?mon Center itself. That's it.

=====Exit of Pok?mon Center=====
    <>Recall to Position: V[a] (V,V[c])
    -optional, but recommended-<>Move Event: Hero,Move Down
    <>

What this does is return you to the saved position.
    Make sure that the variables for this event are the same as the ones from before.
    This should take you out of the Pok?mon Center, and return you to where you were before entering (and if you did the optional part, it will also make you step away from the door).

The "Move Event" command is about 4th from the bottom of the right of page 2 if I recall...

Have fun with that! lol

Peace out!

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
    Years
  • Thanks for that, but now I've got another problem now, for some reason I can't test play my game, I installed a hero and text fix on it and I think that might be the problem, I've tried uninstalling RM2K and then reinstalling it but it still doesn't work

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    Im really new, i just downloaded it a week ago,does anyone have some tutiroals for it, particularly switches and variables. And also how do you make a person go into a building? :confused:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • To make someone go into a building, draw the building map, then use the teleport command in Event Editing Mode. If you didn't understand that, don't worry- you will ;) I'm writing a tutorial myself for all the people in the world that want to make their very own pokemon game!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • HI guys,

just wondering if any of you know where I can get pokemon Fire Red or Leaf green chipsets to use in rm2k/3

also a character sprite would be good too

thanks

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Silencer>Did you download and play my game? If not, I have a menue like that. You can copy and paste the code if you want, but don't steal the graphics. If you use the code though, your graphics will need to be the same size as mine. You can download Pok?mon Lunar at www.darkmageclub.tk

Lt. Surge> I think "Pokemon Liquid" by rm2k3kid has f/r l/g graphics. Try his game and ask him if you can use the graphics.

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    You need to have a two pictures- the actual menue, and the pointer. Make sure you have everything right. It's not just the code, you know!

I knew that.. however some people have a hard time with the coding because it is so hard to understand the actual coding.. especially on RM2k since Don Miguel translated some of the stuff wrong

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Check to make sure everything's right. My coding takes up two (optionally 3) common events- make sure you have the first one. That's the one that sets the ball rolling.

Here's the theory behind it all:
    1) You make the default menue unavailable
    2) You use Set Password/Key Input Processing to moniter the usage of the Esc key
    3) you call up the graphics when the Esc key is pressed
    4) You use Password/Input to control path of the arrow
    5) Picture location is set by variables, not specific coordinates. So when down key is pressed, you can add a certain ammount to the Y axis variable, bringing the arrow down a notch.
    6) Conditional Branches/Forks can be used to loop the arrow back to the top when Down is hit at the bottom of the list, and likewise with the Up key.
    6) Key Input/Password also controls select key (spacebar) to select items.

Years
  • so do i have to add all the pokedex stuff and everything for it to work, or do i only have to use ur three menu common events?

I got it working, except i have the map event set on toggle (Enable Menue) , cuz if i have it on then i cant get out the menu

and if it is on then it dont let me move, and the screen wont go away

Last edited:

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    like i said im a noob to this so i have some very simple questions:
    How to you put NPC's in the game anyway? :\
    More questions will come when i think of them :laugh:

Years
  • just go to the event layer....click to make an event, choose the picture as a person...and then go to where u make what the event is, and u can choose to make a message....then make the message, and choose action key, same layer, and it should be a person u can talk to

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'd like to announce that I'm starting the FR chipsets project again!
    I'll try and make a chipset for all the towns and caves in FR&LG.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • If any body wants Pokemon FR/LG Chipsets goto my site I got 5 chips and 5 charsets so feel free to use them in your game but please give me credit for making them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back