• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    1,2 and 4 are all advanced techniques. You need to know RM2K/3 very well to be able to make them. You can rip Pokeball animations from a ROM. To make a good intro, just play around with the Move Picture command.

Yoshiman

Also- Marrilman.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2012
    I am sorta experienced. The website Gamingw isn't the biggest help ever either.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    Can anyone get me a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald complete tileset please?

I've got the johto ones and the kanto ones, I'm only missing the ruby/sapphire/emerald ones :)

btw, if anyone could get me the older game tilesets (green/red/blue/yellow) & (gold/silver/crystal) I would thank you a lot :D

I need the tilesets to create maps for a webcomic, the older version tilesets will be used to create effects like when people are remembering the past or smth :P

thanks a lot in advance

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2005
    I want to make a Pokemon fan game but I don't know want would be the best game maker to make it on. Also, if any one can help me with it pm me!

Oh, and if anyone can give me the code to make a fusion system, I'll me very grateful (please excuse my spelling).

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    RM2K3 would be the easiest to make a Pokemon game with. RMXP is about more difficult but it gives you more freedom. Sphere would be the best maker, but it is a lot harder to learn.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    I have to agree with Phoenix, try RM2k3 first. If you like a challenge, try RMXP instead of RM2k3. If you think you want a really tough challenge, but with a lot of freedom, use Sphere.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    @GymLeaderLance99:
    Try storing your coins in a variable.
    and just add a show choice thingy if, let's say "$50" option is selected, add ## to var.
    And in the games, just subtract it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I have a 2 questions:

1. How do you make the Trainer defeated part of your battle?
    2. SOMEONE! PLEASE HELP ME FIND A WAY TO USE THE SCRIPT EDITOR! I can't continue much futher without the help!

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
    Years
    Need Chrystal!

I need some UPDATED Chrystal (girl) sprites. (the girl from chystal but updated) Thanks in advance, as this is needed really badly!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    1. How do you make the Trainer defeated part of your battle?
    Well, in the Event, set it Custom VIctory Handler, that, if you win, you turn a switch on, then, make a new page, Precondition: If the [Switch] is on, make the trainer talk. That will make it so that, you don't have to face the trainer again, and again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Peekimon said:

Well, in the Event, set it Custom VIctory Handler, that, if you win, you turn a switch on, then, make a new page, Precondition: If the [Switch] is on, make the trainer talk. That will make it so that, you don't have to face the trainer again, and again.

No, I ment when you finish the battle in RPGXP you get a small screen telling haw many expierince points and money you got. How do you turn that into a pokemon trainer defeated sequence?

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    You need to edit the window in RGSS and Its not very easy to do, I recommend just following Peekis idea.

oh and for number 2, you need the resolution patch if you cant set your moniter resolution to 1024x768 or it not a 17" or larger

Yoshiman

Also- Marrilman.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2012
    I need help on a few things:
    1. How does placing a picture on RM2k3 work? I'm making the CBS. I think I need a RM2k3 Tutorial since the one I read was 2K
    2. How comes when I make it snow in one town with an Auto Start event I can't move?

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
    Yoshiman said:
    I need help on a few things:
    1. How does placing a picture on RM2k3 work? I'm making the CBS. I think I need a RM2k3 Tutorial since the one I read was 2K
    2. How comes when I make it snow in one town with an Auto Start event I can't move?
    1. use show picture in event commands
    2. if you want the hero to move, use parallel proces.
    parallel proces > able to move
    auto start > unable to move

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back