• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

proto-man

netoperater
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 22, 2006
    could someone make me a cbs backround that looks like an over head veiw of cerulean gym in pkmn stadium 1

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    Can someone make an Autotile of the Lava from R/S/E please
    The one that is on Mt Pyre (the one that pops and make bubbles)
    Thx

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Forgive my laziness, but I need just about every city from FRLG and the Islands if you can, although not a necessity. Thank you so much whoever finds them :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    How do you make a Pokeball like object in RM2K? Please also tell me where to get Pokemon resources for RMXP...please help!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    If anyone has the Saffron City with Silph Co, and Celadon City (with or without the Dept. Store) I'd appreciate that so much. I have to start off slow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2006
    Easy question for you guys...how do you make a start position for your hero? And is it possible to have 2 starting positions? Answer this for both RM2K and RM2K3

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
    kaihachi_mishima said:
    Easy question for you guys...how do you make a start position for your hero? And is it possible to have 2 starting positions? Answer this for both RM2K and RM2K3

press [F7] in the rm2k[3] engine,
    then right-click on the map and select:
    Code:
    party starting position
    you can only have 1 starting position

Pokemaster_shiny said:
    How is it possible to change where a message appears, because I have changed the screen resolution(gba size) and can't get the message to appear on screen.
    Pokemaster_shiny
    go to window_message, line 175-182
    Code:
          case $game_system.message_position
          when 0  # top
            self.y = 16
          when 1  # middle
            self.y = 160
          when 2  # bottom
            self.y = 304
          end
    change the 304 to whatever you want.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2006
    How about this um how do u add new Chipsets cause im making a pokemon game so i want like the tilesets in those games

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    OMFGWTF!? Dawson has a n00b question!

Yeah, I'm just wandering if it's possible to have charsets in RMXP where each sprite is 60x40 pixels and, if so, how are they made/imported/selected etc.

'tis for my summer project, I need the sprites to be fairly huge or they'll lose the graphical effect.

Oh, and same goes for chipsets too, but I think I already know the answer to that.

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    :D Wow Dawson...

kaihachi_mishima said:

No, it isn't possible to have 2 starting positions.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    Yeah, I'm just wandering if it's possible to have charsets where each sprite is 60x40 pixels and, if so, how are they made/imported/selected etc.

'tis for my summer project, I need the sprites to be fairly huge or they'll lost the graphical effect.

Oh, and same goes for chipsets too, but I think I already know the answer to that
    Hmm... me thinkies it can be done in RMXP, tho, you need to edit some stuff in the scripts... Oh, and I think RMXP supports larger characters.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Oh crap, sorry. I was actually talking about for RMXP, not RM2K3 or any other program. Guess I'm gonna have to search for some tutorials on it then, sounds a bit more complicated than I'd hoped.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
    Dawson said:
    Oh crap, sorry. I was actually talking about for RMXP, not RM2K3 or any other program. Guess I'm gonna have to search for some tutorials on it then, sounds a bit more complicated than I'd hoped.
    yes, you can have 60 * 40.
    the charset needs to be: 240 * 160 (pixels)

rmxp automaticly makes 4 frames of the whole picture:
    Code:
    240 / 4 = 60
    160 / 4 = 40
    you can find this in the script editor in Sprite_Character,
    line 47/48
    Code:
    bitmap.width / 4
    bitmap.height / 4
    you can also do 8 frames:
    Code:
    bitmap.width / 8
    bitmap.height / 8
    but you need to do:
    60 * 8 or 40 * 8

hope this helped

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2005
    Does Anyone Have....?

Does anyone have the introduction screens for any of the Pokemon games?If so I either need a link to them, someone to post them, or some one to tell me how to make my own! Please someone help me with these rescources!!

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
    Hello Im new at this stuff and I need help for some reason my guy wont move anymore so can somebody help me?

And can you scripted with RPGMAKER 2003? if yoiu can i need somebody to help me with that

Superiority

GFX/Rm2k3 Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2005
    Um.
    Your going to have to learn how to script on your own,and as for the hero,its either the terrain or passibility

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back