• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    Ok thanks I will try to see if I can change the script myself if not I will probably ask a scripter to team with me or something but im not too found of teams.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Ok thanks I will try to see if I can change the script myself if not I will probably ask a scripter to team with me or something but im not too found of teams.

Keep this in mind, scripting isn't something you can just pick up easily.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    @thepsynergist: Thats where I got the idea from :/ Though I can't find a script like it anywhere D:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I remember hearing something a while back that old versions of essentials had that type of name entry.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    the current one has it i think, mines is fairly recent and it has it. there is just a script in the game you have to change one digit of. lemme see...

In PokemonEntry, find the def "pbEnterText" (near the bottom). This contains the line "sscene=PokemonEntryScene2.new". Remove that "2". Simple.

if that doesnt work just look for any similar scripts in the game and change those the same way, if i recall i had to change something else to a different setting too.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but since it's about RMXP i'll try :P
    A few weeks ago, I restored my computer (it didn't work anymore) and deleted all my documents, etc. etc. etc.
    I still don't have internet on that computer (NO idea why), so I downloaded RPG Maker XP on our family laptop.
    But every time I try to install it, I get this message;

"RPG XP critical error E06D7363 of address 7C812AEB"

I'd really like to have my RMXP back. Anybody out there who can help me?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Im wondering how I could make it so that there is 8 move instead of 4.
    A tutorial or any help on that matter would be awesome I didnt read the whole thread.
    Please note that you're asking about a Pokémon-related thing here, which means this is the wrong thread. Use the Essentials thread for Pokémon-related questions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Eihte Bg in rpgmaker :'(

wasnt really sure where to post this but im having trouble with mapping in rpgmaker
    the tiles such as this poke ball is transparent but in the tile set it has a white background and with alot of the other tiles there and in the game the background of i is black
    im not really sure what to do
    and i dont see an option where i can set the white background to being the transparent color =|
    any suggestions?
    help will be appreciated :D

Also the title got mussed up the first word was White.
    and the tileset is still transparent inn i open them in photoshop or irfanview

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    wasnt really sure where to post this but im having trouble with mapping in rpgmaker
    the tiles such as this poke ball is transparent but in the tile set it has a white background and with alot of the other tiles there and in the game the background of i is black
    im not really sure what to do
    and i dont see an option where i can set the white background to being the transparent color =|
    any suggestions?
    help will be appreciated :D

Also the title got mussed up the first word was White.
    and the tileset is still transparent inn i open them in photoshop or irfanview

*sigh* Goes in the general help thread.
    I'm guessing you havn't been using RMXP so long as you would've figured out that using the resource manager to import your tilesets would give you an option to set a transparent colour.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    oh lol thnx
    i kept passing it but never clicked on it
    :D
    ok it says i imported ithe tileset i set the transparency color but it still shows as black in the game :(

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
    Clear enough?
    General game making help

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    yeah thats exactly what i did and in the tileset window to the left on the new map
    the transparent color becomes white, is that how its supposed to be? and after i place it on a map and save the transparent part is black in the game =|

carmaniac

Years
    yeah thats exactly what i did and in the tileset window to the left on the new map
    the transparent color becomes white, is that how its supposed to be? and after i place it on a map and save the transparent part is black in the game =|

Oh, that's odd. I've never actually had a problem like that before.
    I'm sure someone else who's had this problem may be able to help you out.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
    i am having a problem with one of my tilesets but i am not sure what it is when i use the tileset to put items in the game and then make them so that they cannot be passed over you know the passage thing with the X or the O but even after doing that the items can still be walked over that includes walls and the black background squares but the other items as well sometimes they cant be walked over and sometimes they can it is annoying

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that he means that when he puts the tile on the first layer, it doesn't have a transparent background.

If you have a tile that has white around it, then you must put it on the 2nd or 3rd layer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    um i have a question about the resizing sprites for rpg maker
    how can i resize the hgss trainer sprites without making it looking all blurry?
    i saw some other resized sprites in the character folder and they were 128x128 and they werent blurry at all =|

also having trouble importing backgrounds for battles
    dimensions are correct but does it matter whether or not the image is centered?
    also i see that the other images are centered but whe ni try to import the new custom ones, which are centered using the editor.exe the battlebg shows up as black on the screen =|

ive tried resizing myself and using online image resizers tbut it looks way different the the other resized pics that came with the starter pack lol

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I was curious if anyone had a program that could find out what music in the BGM folder rpg maker xp is actually using.

I remember when I used to mess around with RPG Maker 95, that it came with a program like this. Anyone know of one for RPG Maker XP? Does anyone actually know what I'm talking about?

I guess as a last resort I could look through by hand to see what songs are being used, but if it can be done faster, I'd like to hear about it. So, any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back