• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'd also like if anyone could answer my second question. xD
    I answered it on the last page. It's fairly simple, and only takes a few minutes. Open the pokemon.txt file int the PBS folder. Copy Bulbasaur's entry and paste it right below Arceus's entry. Change the ID number to 494, and change the species name, moveset, evolution types, etc., for the new pokemon (it's all done in the txt file). Then, look at my post on the last page to see how to name the graphics for the new fakemon. As long as you make the txt file entry and put the properly named graphics in the battler folder (also add an icon called 494.png in the Icons folder), the new pokemon will be there. There's no scripting to it or anything.

And yet none of my questions have been answered...
    This thread doesn't get much attention in comparison to the essentials thread. Also, someone posted how to changed the resolution there (since I'm assuming you're using essentials anyways, and that's the thread where essentials related questions go). It's probably a few pages back (less than 10 I think).

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    @ KitsuneKouta; I meant my second question....
    If you're asking about inserting new tilesets, I answered it a few posts back. If you mean putting new tiles on a tileset, then open the tileset with any paint program, and paste the new tiles into it. If it's actually mapping that you're referring to, the you left click on one of the tiles on the left side of the screen in RMXP (make sure you're not on the event layer), and then click anywhere on the map (which is on the right). If you meant assigning a particular tileset to a map, the right click on the map's name on the left (under the tileset), and click Map Properties, and under Tileset: click the arrow and select a tileset.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • If you're asking about inserting new tilesets, I answered it a few posts back. If you mean putting new tiles on a tileset, then open the tileset with any paint program, and paste the new tiles into it. If it's actually mapping that you're referring to, the you left click on one of the tiles on the left side of the screen in RMXP (make sure you're not on the event layer), and then click anywhere on the map (which is on the right). If you meant assigning a particular tileset to a map, the right click on the map's name on the left (under the tileset), and click Map Properties, and under Tileset: click the arrow and select a tileset.

It was also more of changeing the text size

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    It was also more of changeing the text size
    Basically, do a search for font.size. It's used to assign the size for defined text attributes. You'll find it in a few script sections: RPG__Sprite, DrawText, SpriteWindow, PokemonStorage, and PokemonSummary. Changing all of those should take care of it (the different instances affect text in different parts of the kit).

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Hey everyone,
    I just inserted a new water tile. I wanted to make it transparent, so I gave it the same colour the 'cliff' rocks have (that means; the rocks that are not standing on a surface) but the edge i wanted to cut off did not get transparent! Can anyone help me?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hey everyone,
    I just inserted a new water tile. I wanted to make it transparent, so I gave it the same colour the 'cliff' rocks have (that means; the rocks that are not standing on a surface) but the edge i wanted to cut off did not get transparent! Can anyone help me?
    When you import the tile using the resource manager, left click the color you want to be completely transparent, and right click the color that is partially transparent (optional).

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    When you import the tile using the resource manager, left click the color you want to be completely transparent, and right click the color that is partially transparent (optional).

Resource manager? What do you mean with that? Thanks by the way!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Resource manager? What do you mean with that? Thanks by the way!
    Sorry, I think it was a different RPG Maker. Anyways, it's Materials, in between the Script Editor and Database (the yellow folder with three blank pages on it).

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • This may be off-topic, but It will sure help me with Game making. ^-^ How do I set multiple semi-transparent colors and transparent colors outside of RMXP?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    This may be off-topic, but It will sure help me with Game making. ^-^ How do I set multiple semi-transparent colors and transparent colors outside of RMXP?

Outside RMXP? Well either it you'll need a program that is capable of setting those things (like photoshop) or there is this one website that you can do it outside of it. Though I haven't used it for a long time, so I forget the name, sorry.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hi anyone have link to pedapp first version? Really i need that.

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    I'm making a Pokemon Fangame and need scripters and people who can put together a fangame. The only thing I'm able to provide is sprites and a written storyline. PM me if you want/can help. Any help would be great, thanks.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm making a Pokemon Fangame and need scripters and people who can put together a fangame. The only thing I'm able to provide is sprites and a written storyline. PM me if you want/can help. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Does this thread look like it's called Game Development Team Recruitment? No, I didn't think so either.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • I'm trying to change the basic menu (Pokedex/Pokemon/Trainer/Save ect.)
    to the bottom screen (I have the dual screen script). What script determins the location of the menu and how do I change the image for the menu as well as where the "buttons" are located. Please help me!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    How can I change the screen size/resolution. Note I am not using Poke-essentials, just RMXP as it comes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You can do so by script. Look up on google RMXP resolution script. I'm sure something might come up.

I've looked and tried a few and none of them are having the desired effect without making the screen crazy or not changing the OW characters.

If anyone has a solution or has used one from somewhere else please link me in PM, VM or here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back