• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
  • The Shadow Shards, have you ever wanted a Fakemon RP but couldn't find one? If your answer is yes then you've found one! Whether your answer was yes or not you'll still enjoy this RP! This RP takes place in the Zytran region, a place that has it all, rolling hills, soaring mountains, beautiful meadows, dark caves, lush forests, and even fiery volcanoes. It even has calm towns and advanced cities. But as nice as this place sounds, it has another side. The Shadow Triad, a giant clan divided into 3 branches, is currently at war with the rest of the region. The Resistance is an army trying to stop the Shadow Triad. What are they after you might ask? The Shadow Shards, pieces of a crystal know as The Chaos Shadow Diamond that have an unknown power. As with most wars, there are people caught in the middle. They are known as The Survivors, many groups of people just trying to survive, but some are also after the shards. The Pokèmon League still manages to hold itself together. With 20 gyms to challenge, this league is a tough one! But don't worry if you're a Pokèmon coordinator because Zytran also has 20 villages for you to visit and compete for the ribbons at! No matter your faction, your ultimate goal is up to you. Hey, if you master the secret, you might even discover Zytran's legendary evolution,The Hyper Transformation. With a whole new region, tons of Pokèmon, many secrets, and even a new form of evolution, The Shadow Shards is definitely an RP that will be remembered!

Join Now: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=340276

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • How many Rp's...
    Uh oh...
    Begin again, just finished a month long jpg which has hopefully given others a chance to catch up. I frequently posted early on and gave myself Delta burn so I've slowed down making posts about him.

Escape: Sort of died out faster than it started / =

BoM: Never got off the ground...

Outbreak: Ah... I was actually considering dropping this one, but recently butted heads with timepieces character and have inspiration to watch that grumpy old man die. GG gimme, you crafted a character I actually despise :3, like Geoffrey in GoT.

Trumpets: A second journey RP, this one similar to begin again, but in my mind takes place slightly after, giving me the desire to make a cameo of my other characters... Hmm... Currently writing a post about catching five Poochyena's.

Merit of Magic: Not started, but looks like it's going to be good. Figured it's a good replacement for BoM.

Smash: Of course, I had to take my first character and join in this event. And since Delta was human, his starter, the Riolu with a God complex, shall be the one who rules them all with his Aura Strike final smash. (That's the idea in my head at least.)

Whew... As for making characters...I always try and take a small piece of myself, such as Delta's obsession with mega evolution, or Alex's social problems (She hates to displease, but loves to speak her mind.) then build a character with those traits as an integral piece.

Infact I make a lot of my characters without even really thinking about them. I wonder what they say about me...

Years
  • How many Rp's...
    Uh oh...
    Begin again, just finished a month long jpg which has hopefully given others a chance to catch up. I frequently posted early on and gave myself Delta burn so I've slowed down making posts about him.

Escape: Sort of died out faster than it started / =

BoM: Never got off the ground...

Outbreak: Ah... I was actually considering dropping this one, but recently butted heads with timepieces character and have inspiration to watch that grumpy old man die. GG gimme, you crafted a character I actually despise :3, like Geoffrey in GoT.

Trumpets: A second journey RP, this one similar to begin again, but in my mind takes place slightly after, giving me the desire to make a cameo of my other characters... Hmm... Currently writing a post about catching five Poochyena's.

Merit of Magic: Not started, but looks like it's going to be good. Figured it's a good replacement for BoM.

Smash: Of course, I had to take my first character and join in this event. And since Delta was human, his starter, the Riolu with a God complex, shall be the one who rules them all with his Aura Strike final smash. (That's the idea in my head at least.)

Whew... As for making characters...I always try and take a small piece of myself, such as Delta's obsession with mega evolution, or Alex's social problems (She hates to displease, but loves to speak her mind.) then build a character with those traits as an integral piece.

Infact I make a lot of my characters without even really thinking about them. I wonder what they say about me...

Well for starters you don't seem to be fond of irritable, gruff and grumpy old men.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Well for starters you don't seem to be fond of irritable, gruff and grumpy old men.

Omg I just spilled my Ice Cream laughing.

See Mc Greggor is Ignorant, as when
    Mc Greggor refused to acknowledge the fact that the Walkers could be anything but slow and dumb. If it is a virus as I (and therefore Alex.) suspect then it's a possibility that they're could be a mutated strain where they're fast and smart.

I think I more so was annoyed by the fact that one of the 'leader' figures would be foolish enough as to put the group at risk in suggesting using Zombie guards. Thus McCain Greggor has given Alex a purpose in the story. She's the little girl who is going to end up saving everyones bum when they encounter a threat nobody else prepared for.

Which is exactly who I would want to be in a zombie outbreak situation. Or any messed up situation. I want to be a hero, even though I'm socially awkward and have irrational fears of quite a few things... In putting a piece of myself inside my characters, I suppose I'm getting to live that dream... Post by post.

Years
  • So here's a question for you guys, would you be interested in an RP in a wild west setting but incorporating magic elements? I think it might be a really interesting combination.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So here's a question for you guys, would you be interested in an RP in a wild west setting but incorporating magic elements? I think it might be a really interesting combination.
    That sounds kind of like Arcanum of Steamwork and Magick Obscura :) meaning very cool!

Years
  • That sounds kind of like Arcanum of Steamwork and Magick Obscura :) meaning very cool!

I'm not totally sure if I will do it or not.
    I have this really cool idea of magic bounty hunters in an old west setting. I'll see if anybody else likes the idea and then if I'm still feeling inspired I'll make it happen.

Years
  • I have this really cool idea of magic bounty hunters in an old west setting. I'll see if anybody else likes the idea and then if I'm still feeling inspired I'll make it happen.

To be honest, I'm up for anything with magic. The wild wild west is a period rarely explored, in my experience, so I'm up for something new, if you'd like. Bounty hunters could be fun.

Years
  • To be honest, I'm up for anything with magic. The wild wild west is a period rarely explored, in my experience, so I'm up for something new, if you'd like. Bounty hunters could be fun.

Well I'll start writing it up over the next few days and see what I can come up with then. :)

Edit: Can anyone help me out with the creation of a nice map for the country/continent I have in mind for this RP I'm working on? I have a rather specific idea of what I want in my head but I'm struggling to find something that generates what I want online.

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well I'll start writing it up over the next few days and see what I can come up with then. :)

Edit: Can anyone help me out with the creation of a nice map for the country/continent I have in mind for this RP I'm working on? I have a rather specific idea of what I want in my head but I'm struggling to find something that generates what I want online.
    I'm no artist, but I could try my hand at it. It'll be functional if not pretty.

Years
  • I'm no artist, but I could try my hand at it. It'll be functional if not pretty.

It's worth a shot, if anything we can get a sort of base for it done and can build on it later :)
    I'll try and make something of a sketch to show you where I want things and I'll get it to you soon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Talk to Raikiri or SV. They had a neat one for Aerion but I'm not sure what program they used.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • I have a question...

Why are RP Samples sometimes needed within SUs for certain Roleplays?
    I've had a few times where I've found a cool RP to join, so I look at the SU template/example, and I see "RP Sample:". "Well I guess I won't be joining this RP" :( I'd just like to know why they're there.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I have a question...

I've had a few times where I've found a cool RP to join, so I look at the SU template/example, and I see "RP Sample:". "Well I guess I won't be joining this RP" :( I'd just like to know why they're there.

It depends. For most Roleplays they are to see if you'd post enough to keep up with how they envision the RP being, as well as they give you an idea of how the character is, or provide you an avenue with which you can introduce your character to the world. Many of them aren't asking for something that you posted before, but rather, for you to write something up new with that specific character. Even for the ones that aren't, I'm sure they'd accept an IC post of some sort if you had no real previous samples to show.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I have a question...

I, as a GM, usually ask for a RP Sample quite simply for evaluating their writing and how well they identify with a character they might be playing. Without a piece of writing to go with the rest of the sections in their SU, I don't feel like I've seen enough of their writing. I need to know how they write. If they don't have a previous RP Sample, I only require them to write a bit of anything they like. That doesn't however up the standard I expect from a SU, so RP Sample doesn't necessarily mean big deal

Last edited:
    Reactions: SV
    Years
  • I have a question...

I tend to allow people to either write as the character they intend to RP as or to include a link to a previous post from another RP. Honestly I'm generally pretty lenient, but the idea for me is to make sure that the person who is writing doesn't write like a list (so actually includes characterisation) and has some command over the English language.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have a question...

Plenty of good answers here already, but as for myself as a GM, I usually only ask for a RP sample if the SU doesn't give me a good enough idea of how the player will write IC. I then ask for a sample, to avoid unpleasant surprises when the RP starts :) it might sound mean, but it's a way of making sure people are on the same level and can have fun together in a RP. Sometimes SUs are mostly lists, rather than a thing of literary beauty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back