• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
    Hey everyone! Remember me? No? Thought not...

I used to be a (somewhat) active member here, and I'm looking to get back into roleplaying. Any suggestions for an RP to join?

Also, I have a question.

What is the process you go through when creating a new RP?

Years
    Hey everyone! Remember me? No? Thought not...

I used to be a (somewhat) active member here, and I'm looking to get back into roleplaying. Any suggestions for an RP to join?

Also, I have a question.

What is the process you go through when creating a new RP?

Agony, join Agony.

To answer your second question in a sort of abridged way - I generally start by working out the kinks in whatever idea I have and creating lore for the RP. From there I go through and put it together section by section until it is ready to post. I also try and come up with a general idea for the direction of the plot before posting an RP so I'm prepared for it regardless of the pace it ends up progressing at.

Last edited:

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
    Agony, join Agony.

To answer your second question in a sort of abridged way - I generally start by working out the kinks in whatever idea I have and creating lore for the RP. From there I go through and put it together section by section until it is ready to post. I also try and come up with a general idea for the direction of the plot before posting an RP so I'm prepared for it regardless of the pace it ends up progressing at.

Well I would, if it was out yet. I'll be sure to give it a look when it actually comes out.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Warning: Shamless plug for new RP to follow.

Do you like swords? Do you like magic? Do you like Pokemon?

Do you wish you could like them all time? Then I have the Roleplay for you!

Come join Tales of Altaria, with all the charm of medieval fantasy and Pokemon wrapped into the same epic story!

Set in an original fantasy world with an unique magic system designed by the brilliant minds of Carnivore Chie, Sir Bastian and Raikiri, Tales of Altaria will place roleplayers on epic journey throughout the world of Altaria with their Pokemon partners as they attempt to unify the world to combat a larger threat.

It has swords! It has magic! It has Pokemon! It has adventure!

Don't wait! Join today!

Reactions: SV
    Years
    Just going to jump on the bandwagon since the last advertisement was somewhat lost in all the sudden posts.

It's here at last

General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)
    AGONY
    The Battle of Del Rio
    Almost two years ago life on Earth changed forever. The attack came without warning; we saw it coming but didn't know what it was. On the 31st of August 2016 astronomers around the world detected a small, but widespread shower of meteorites that would impact the Earth on every continent in an unprecedented event. The human race waited and watched, the whole time not realising that our conquerors were upon us.

The day after the impact scientists all over the world were calling in, vying for the title of the first to make the discovery. Rather than finding smoldering fragments of rock, what researchers found were strange metal canisters leaking a milky ooze, and within the unknown chemical were several strange creatures resembling insect lava. It was the discovery of a life time; extra-terrestrial life had landed on Earth. We were all eager to learn more about these alien life forms. If only we had known what they were, what they would do. Just two more days passed before the first news of an attack was heard.

In the span of two days the lava had created a chrysalis of white goo and completed their change. What did they become? Monstrous beasts resembling bugs found here on Earth, several different varieties each with its own devastatingly destructive abilities. In a matter of weeks, all around the world, cities were overwhelmed, with our militaries unable to risk bombings or nuclear attacks and unable to defeat the hordes via any other conceivable means. Even now the aliens are still breeding and attacking in a never-ending cycle. We don't even know why they are here. We call them Caelopods – Bugs from the Sky. It's a name that doesn't sound too intimidating but now it leaves even the bravest men quaking with fear. I don't think we can hold out much longer.

- An excerpt from the journal of General James Archibald.
    His journal was discovered by a fleeing rescue team during the fall of New York.​

Agony is the sic-fi roleplay you were all craving and employs some interesting mechanics not often seen in the RPC. If you like adventure, action, sci-fi or simply have a thing for giant bugs - this is the RP for you.

Last edited:

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Ohohoho, I shall advertise myself. It's not really my rp but it's really interesting and a bit lonely, orz. The others are too busy in real-life so they haven't posted yet.

If you have time: check Ten Little Days. An M-rated rp; can you survive in ten days?

Thanks~

i suck at summaries

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So much advertising. So many roleplays. So little time.

;;

How many RPs are you guys part of right now?

I'm a player in the Digimon RP and the Hoenn RP Trumpets, I'm GM and player in Crossroads; a Johto story, and GM only in Begin Again :)

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I'm making SU's and hoping to get accepted. XD

Making SU of Magical Aura and The Summit. Roleplaying as a player on Ten Little Days and Trumpets.

Thinking of going back to making an SU of Altaria or not because the character I was making keeps coming back but I dunno... gaaah.

I'm hesitant on applying at rps that have open spots and catches my attention but... I don't want to juggle many rps. IT'S TEMPTING THOUGH. I'M TRYING TO RESIST SO BADLY. ugguughhh, one of the problems of mine, aiiyaaah.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Thinking of going back to making an SU of Altaria or not because the character I was making keeps coming back but I dunno... gaaah.

*holds up a bag of cookies and shakes towards the topic*

But, anyways! I'm a member of One Piece, Crossroads, and Trumpets! And I'm a GM for Tales of Altaria. :3

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Now I'm sorely tempted to get back on it, I can't get rid of that male SU when he pops into my mind... and the cookies I'm seeing.

Aw shucks, I'M SOLD.

that was way too quick, me!! D8

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    I'm actually really excited to see what becomes of Tales of Altaria!

As for me, I'm in Begin Again, have submitted for Tales of Altaria, and am working on my SU for Trumpets.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Ahaha, good luck to those who submitted an SU for Altaria, I dunno about anyone else, I'm not confident enough to get accepted, I mean, I'm looking at the finish SU's and oh man, they're goooood. some of them

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
    Ohohoho, I shall advertise myself. It's not really my rp but it's really interesting and a bit lonely, orz. The others are too busy in real-life so they haven't posted yet.

If you have time: check Ten Little Days. An M-rated rp; can you survive in ten days?

Thanks~

i suck at summaries

Good lord - that's a far better tag line than the random words I appended to the title XP

Hehe, I'm just in the Magical Aura Thingumajig Saviours. And also GMing Ten Little Days. Which has escalated really, really quickly. I'm kind of apprehensive about looking at Tales of Altaria >_> What if it's awesome and I want to join it? deadliiiines

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    Ahaha, good luck to those who submitted an SU for Altaria, I dunno about anyone else, I'm not confident enough to get accepted, I mean, I'm looking at the finish SU's and oh man, they're goooood. some of them

I agree, most of the sign-ups for that RP in particular seem to be pretty fantastic. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Good lord - that's a far better tag line than the random words I appended to the title XP

Hehe, I'm just in the Magical Aura Thingumajig Saviours. And also GMing Ten Little Days. Which has escalated really, really quickly. I'm kind of apprehensive about looking at Tales of Altaria >_> What if it's awesome and I want to join it? deadliiiines

/laughs. It has just gotten started and they're already in a very sticky situation that you threw to them. What will happen? I feel sorry for them because of what you've done but I'm too busy laughing. oh arceus im so sorry, suffer my lovelies

really... the rps... staph it, guys or id be getting buried over many rps fast. im highly weak against them if they caught my interest. xD

I agree, most of the sign-ups for that RP in particular seem to be pretty fantastic. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mhm yeah, I don't know if I should finish mine before I'd be retracting it again, haha, so many... orz. You're right, it's suspenseful because you don't know who's going to get in or who's not. Although the others are obvious...

oh man, I'm getting the nerves. XD

Last edited:

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
    XD Well, if it makes you feel better, everybody'll be getting a visit from suit-guy at some point. Also I feel like a 'Mwhaha' is appropriate here.

Also I'm 4x weak to Roleplays.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    XD Well, if it makes you feel better, everybody'll be getting a visit from suit-guy at some point. Also I feel like a 'Mwhaha' is appropriate here.

Also I'm 4x weak to Roleplays.

I'm getting this dreadful feeling that Nona's gonna lose a Pokemon or two which is bad for their health. im encouraging you am i

That evil laugh of which you know you can make a character suffer and you love it is definitely highly appropriate.

Same, I hope they keep the new interesting rps down or I might cry because what if it's fantastic and it tickles your fancy and you just want to join? this happens to me almost everyday

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    How many RPs are you guys part of right now?

I'm the GM of Pokemon Odyssey: Search for Cresselia, Co-GM for One Piece, and Agony (hasn't started, check it out), and a player in Atlantis Awakening, Tales of Altaria (Is it Friday yet?), Fargona: Land of Dragons and Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest... uh oh what have I done?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back