• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generic RMT with non-generic title.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    So, there's some stuff I wanted to use recently, and I was using one team for some time by now, so I trought it's good time to try something new.

EDIT: I'm going to test it around a little right now. Thing that worries me is that both Infernape and Heracross aren't too bulky, and only they can deal real physical damage. Altrough Gliscor can pack quite a punch with EQ, leviators and flying-types are immune to it.

I consider changing Gliscor into something with bigger Attack stat, possibly Donphan, or try out Gliscor's SD/Ice Fang/EQ/Roost set.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    232 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 24 ATT
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Grass Knot
    - Close Combat
    - Flamethrower
    - HP Ice

Basic Ape

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Facade
    - Swords Dance
    Like CBand Guts Heracross, but without being limited to one move, Facade does great anyway. If only Heracross wasn't so painfully slow...

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Hyper Cutter
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly nature
    - Roost
    - Agility
    - EQ
    - Baton Pass

Considering giving him Ice Fang over Baton Pass and Swords Dance over Agility.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP | 108 DEF | 152 SP.DEF
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Charge Beam
    - Moonlight
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

Special wall, works really well. Cress's awesome, as it deals with physical attacks pretty good too.

Spiritomb @ Lefties ?
    Pressure
    252 HP | 104 SAtk | 72 SDef | 72 Def
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Pain Spilt
    - Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
    - Will-O-Wisp /Pursut
    - Calm Mind / Nasty Plot

I'm not sure about this moveset. It's a tankinsh, pain spiliting thingy.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Marvel Scalle
    Bold
    148 HP | 252 SAtk | 110 SDef
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Mirror Coat
    - Recover

Overall, T-Bolts and Grass Knots are far more common than T-Punches and... Leaf Blades maybe, so Mirror Coat isn't a bad idea. Especially for things I normally couldn't touch, like Starmie. Besides, Gliscor does great against T-Punches, and in case foe got Ice Punch too (most of Virest got that after all), swapping to Cress usually Ice Beam for dragons, Surf for STAB, Recover to fix some HP after Mirror Coating something. Marvel Scales for status absorbtion. This thing is pretty much a beast.

I think that putting SR somewhere won't hurt either, but I don't really have a slot for it. Anyway... terrible orjust bad ? Any glaring weaknesses ?

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Spiritomb needs more WoW than Pursuit lol. And yeah, run Lefties. =p Taunt Gliscor is pretty good, but whatever floats your boat on Roost or Taunt. I prefer Roost though.

Anyway, I'd go LO on Infernape, but then there's some Anti hate lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Spiritomb needs more WoW than Pursuit lol. And yeah, run Lefties. =p Taunt Gliscor is pretty good, but whatever floats your boat on Roost or Taunt. I prefer Roost though.

Anyway, I'd go LO on Infernape, but then there's some Anti hate lol.

Yeah, I guess ability to heal damage on a wall is more important than taunting... altrough it deals nicely with bliss with no ice beam and such.

Pursuit was here because whenever Spiritomb switches into a certain pokes like Azelf or Cress, I can expect opponent to switch out right away. That was why I was considering it, but nah... WoW takes care of physical sweepers that try to swich in, while Sdef boost is provided by Calm Mind. I might've overdone it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    So, there's some stuff I wanted to use recently, and I was using one team for some time by now, so I trought it's good time to try something new.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Blaze
    232 SPEED / 252 SP.ATT / 24 ATT
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Nasty Plot / Hidden Power Ice
    - Close Combat
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot

WTF..

Heracross @ Flame Orb
    Guts
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Adamant nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Facade
    - Swords Dance

Adamant or Gliscor goes olol and survives your Facade, aswell as Hippow skarm etc surviving your CC as well.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Hyper Cutter
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly nature
    - Roost / Taunt
    - Agility
    - Earthquake
    - Baton Pass

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP | 108 DEF | 152 SP.DEF
    Bold nature
    -Charge Beam
    - Moonlight
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

So you can do something to foe Ape and Gyarados .

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    252 HP / 108 def / 152 sp.def
    Calm nature

- Sleep Talk
    -Rest
    -Shadow Ball
    - Hidden power Fighting

Lets do that....You cant absorb status for anything.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Adaptability
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder Wave
    - Nasty Plot

Ewww, outclassed

?

Comments in bold

Right, you are Heatran weak, what i suggest you do is >> Porygon z, is add a bulky water, Vaporeon, Suicune etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Comments in bold

Right, you are Heatran weak, what i suggest you do is >> Porygon z, is add a bulky water, Vaporeon, Suicune etc.

Maybe a Milotic would work, it's also somewhat of a status absorber due to Marvel Scale.

Milotic@Lefties
    Marvel Scale
    Bold
    148 HP | 228 Def | 132 SpA OR 148 HP | 252 SAtk, for sweeping's sake | 110 SDef
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis

You'll never guess where is this set from... Altrough on a second trought, Mirror Coat could go over Hypnosis, just for a nasty suprise for Waters with HP electric / T-Bolt who think Milotic can't do crap to them. Altrough Hypnosis is stopping boosting up, and I don't have any Roar/Haze/Whirlwind around to take care of that kind of stuff. I trought of Starmie at that spot, becasuse of ability to do solid special sweeping and absorb status, but it doesn't own special defence needed to counter Heatran. So yeah, that's basically it.

Oh, and about the ape, Overheat was supposed to OHKO Bronzongs and pack a solid punch to anything if someone actually didn't wanted to take any risks and switch out, as base 225 power makes a dent in everything not having 4x resist. A Draco Meteor, of sorts. T-Punch is a straight KO on Gyarados, unless it's having a scarf, which is not that oftenly seen. Wacan Berry + DDance might be a problem, but I still have a poke with base 120 HP and Def stats that should absorb the hit easily, and finish off with STABed Psychic, and recover with Moonlight. I do realize Life Orb was basically made for mixape, but the vision of gengars/yanmegas shutting me down right away with hypnosis is not particularly attractive. And, I could OHKO them both back with Overheat too. EDIT: I also loved how while using physical moves of salamence, walls like Gliscor and alikes popped up hoping to stop some CBand variant maybe ?, only to get OHKO'D with D-Meteor.

So, just explaining myself from proposing stuff that looks and pretty much is insane and a bad idea.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I do realize Life Orb was basically made for mixape, but the vision of gengars/yanmegas shutting me down right away with hypnosis is not particularly attractive. And, I could OHKO them both back with Overheat too.

So, just explaining myself from proposing stuff that looks and pretty much is insane and a bad idea.

Well, they will outspeed you regardless, lead yanmega's pack protect and can then Air Slash you. About the Hypnosis thing, thats why i suggest tomb be your status absorb. Who takes gengar even with hypnosis.

I also doubt T-Punch OHKO's Bulky dos

Damage: 47.66% - 56.25%

From your -1 att ape on 212 HP / 176 DEF Gyarados.

Damage: 70.57% - 83.07%

Thats with no intimidate.

Charge Beam cress would be the best way to counter said Gyarados, Psychic is doing near nothing and you cant recover due to Taunt.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Well, they will outspeed you regardless, lead yanmega's pack protect and can then Air Slash you. About the Hypnosis thing, thats why i suggest tomb be your status absorb. Who takes gengar even with hypnosis.

I also doubt T-Punch OHKO's Bulky dos

Damage: 47.66% - 56.25%

From your -1 att ape on 212 HP / 176 DEF Gyarados.

Damage: 70.57% - 83.07%

Thats with no intimidate.

Charge Beam cress would be the best way to counter said Gyarados, Psychic is doing near nothing and you cant recover due to Taunt.

Durrr, looks like I can't use damage calculators properly, I got different results than that. My luck it seems, when I checked it, while non-intimidated, I got 93.40% - 109.90% damage from that. Nevermind, thanks for clearing that up, most likely all calculations about Overheat also are too optimistic as well.

About last slot, would Togekiss fit in ? Altrough it doesn't resist the STABed fire moves, it got special defence to take it on, and I somewhat need a good way to destroy physical walls.

Back