• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2010 Event Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

Off for the Ultimate Victory!
    Years
    It'll be nice to have once again the Design-a-Pokémon contest... I'll be more than happy to join it once again.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    They had their own sexy forum. And now that forum is locked away deeper than the Zelda Timeline just so the admins can mess with us D:

Oh, also, I want the MW2 hosting. Hosting > Judging honestly.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    DIY Contest...

Sign me up! (AK2 FTW!)

How about a Flipnote contest? With a given theme? Test out the members' Flipnoteyness. lol But, only people with DSis can only participate. And I could host, if I'm not at camp (15-21 August). I already know a good rule. I'm not saying until it (possibly) gets accepted.

I'll host with you! (If accepted)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Of course though one would need judges, and judges who have time to judge and whatnot to boot.

Hey, you've got Bay as a volunteer, and since I'll actually be in town this year, I'll be happy to judge as well. I'm sure you could always use a Simon Cowell to your American Idol.

(Although I think maybe some other writing stuff could be possible as well... and heck if it can be tied to improving stuff over there like reviews cleverly, somehow... ;p)

Almost tempted to suggest a reviewing contest, but this would be terrible.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I hope you also agree with this gun being the host :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    If there's going to be a themed Shoddy tournament, I vote for just a standard tournament as well (Just like last year XD)

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 play? Not like a tournament but just a chill get together type thing.

Years
    We could have a "Pokemon Epic-sode Snaps" event where you have to get the most epic screenshot of a judge selected episode. Then it will eventually go to the finals where you vote the best.

I would like to see the Photography Contest again like there was last year. Some pictures were stunning.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    In regards to the WiFi tournament, no, I don't think that would be feasible given the time restraints. However, if it is worked out into a massive round robin, where everyone tries to battle each other once, I believe that would work. Less worry about deadlines, and more chances of finding someone online to battle with. And the champion would be the person with the most wins.

If this idea is accepted, I'd volunteer to host it. =D

Also, I like to see something RP-related. Not volunteering to host this time, though I'd definitely be a player. ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I could judge the fan fiction contest in a pinch, though with the caveat that my skills have gotten quite rusty.

Especially since I don't plan on entering with any writing of my own.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I can host the Wi-Fi and Shoddy tournaments if no one has, I doubt it will run smoothly with the short time limit though.

I reckon we should have a Shoddy tourney with a theme, such as Anime teams only. XD;
    Knowing the Shoddy regulars, I don't think they would like it anime themed. ;x In my opinion, something like unbanning Groudon and Kyogre would work. I'll post a poll in the Stadium if Aura approves of it.

Edit:
    In regards to the WiFi tournament, no, I don't think that would be feasible given the time restraints. However, if it is worked out into a massive round robin, where everyone tries to battle each other once, I believe that would work. Less worry about deadlines, and more chances of finding someone online to battle with. And the champion would be the person with the most wins.
    That would work best I assume.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I call dibs on hosting the Photography and Trivia contests again like last year! Though I'd like more of your suggestions this year for what themes and questions to do this year.

I love to participate in the Skype convos - I didn't have skype last year.
    I'd love the GFX Contest to come back too!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If you want to host something video game related (non-Pokémon), PM me. There will just be a mixture of games going on, similar to how the event was hosted last year, so you'll need to send me a PM if you want to host a game. Thanks!

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Pokemon/other game tourneys. I'd be happy to host tournaments for Brawl, COD4 Reflex, Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero 5(on Wii), if anyone's interested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back