• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together Communic8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Halloween's not a good time for me anyway. With my birthday around that time, not to mention the fact that I get quite involved in Halloween activities IRL, I tend to be less active around that time.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Where I am right now in my life, I really am starting to care less and less about Halloween. Like, I'll celebrate it, but I'm not going to dress up or anything. Besides, at my age, people just abuse Halloween for dressing up in disturbing and revealing costumes. People like that pretty much ruin it for everyone that cares. :x
    Eh, I'll probably trick-or-treat if I'm not doing a boatload of homework, since I have this epic Charmeleon mask. 8D

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Agreed with the not having much time around Halloween, it's pretty near my sister's birthday and it's her 21st this year. I've barely had the time to participate in this Get Together, actually. I've only entered the writing competition. o_o'

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I never Trick-or-Treat. I honestly only did it once in my life (yeah I know D_D) and I didn't even dress up. Plus my dad threw most candy away anyway. (Although I wasn't gonna eat any of it besides chocolate.)
    That is like the holiday I don't do anything in.

Enigma

Years
  • My mom always ends up eating all my candy anyway. (lol) She'll ask for some and then grab a hand full out of the bag. It doesn't help that the area around my street is terrible nowadays for trick-or-treating. Like 75% of people pretend they're not home.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't know what I'm going to be doing this halloween. Usually every year I give out candy to the kids, and later I take my little sister out for trick-or-treating.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I generally get to walk my siblings around so they can trick-or-treat nowadays. :(

Eh, well.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I can't trick-or-treat anymore without feeling guilty. I am 17 after all, and will be 18 by the time Halloween rolls around this year. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    No one trick and treats where I live. It's not really a English thing.

Then again, we just buy our own sweets.

Nyokou

Global Generation
    Years
  • Halloween usually loses it's appeal to people as they get older. Same with Christmas. It did for me until last year, when I spent both holidays with my boyfriend's family. It's just totally different with them, cause my parents were never any fun. My boyfriend's mom is just really cool that way I guess.

Not sure what we'll do this Halloween, probably go to a haunted house or something. We went to a barn last year where they had a bunch of stuff but mostly for little kids so it was kinda.. eh. But at least it was better than sitting at home doing nothing, which is what my parents usually do. Oh, and watching Halloween movies is fun too.

I seriously love Halloween again. ♥ Like I did when I was a kid. You just gotta find more to do than the same old things you've done in past years. That's what I think anyway.

EDIT: Oh and I made a pact with my friend in high school that we would go trick-or-treating every year until we graduated high school, and we did. That was sort of a fun thing. It's nothing to really be embarrassed about as long as you're with friends and having fun.

Enigma

Years
  • Christmas for me is more of a family holiday, and because of that, it's never really going to become 'old'. I remember caring about it only for the presents. That's not really true anymore. In fact, looking back, caring about only the presents seems kind of selfish, imo. With my family always away at work or whatever, I can never really sit down with everyone in my family like I used to. :/ With that said, I can't really take family holidays for granted.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Halloween is awesome. It pwns Christmas because I can't exactly go parading out in public in my cosplay outfits during Chrismas but I can get away with it on Halloween :) Also I like Halloween parties better because people are in costume xD

Seriously, though, Christmas has lost much of its appeal for me lately. It's boiled down to this routine of where I get woken up at an absurdly early time, I open up a few presents (not as much as the rest of the family because I typically just ask for money), then I spend the rest of the day sleeping in. Except last Christmas when I actually had a new video game to keep me entertained.

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • Hmmm... Halloween vs. Christmas. Hard to say, On one hand, visiting family and presents ;3 then again I've had enough family this month. On the other, I love creating costumes with my dad and I get to parade around while getting candy and seeing neighborhood friends dressed as pirates and Harry Potter. I cannot decide between them!!! |(

This GT8 is great! I've engaged whenever I can, though not 96 hours straight. I've been on a cross country road trip from the 10th 'till today, so time here has been very limited :(. Thanks sooooo much Hiroshi Sotomura extending the get together even if it's only 'till tomorrow.
    It is a pity there won't be halloween events. I enjoyed the GT8 so much I don't think I can wait 366 days! (2012 is a leap year!) Will there be anything until then? Anyway, see y'all round.

P.S. No, I'm not from the south but it just saved me writing two characters. |D

Years
  • Christmas or Halloween? I don't know, but I prefer Christmas. Halloween is more like a commercial holiday meant to spend money on costumes and candy. Christmas has more meaning to it. It's about spending time with your family and or friends and giving gifts.

I don't really care about Halloween anymore. If I want candy, I'll just go to Wal-Mart and buy some bags. Problem solved.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Christmas over Halloween. Where I live Halloween isn't as big as it is in the states and my neighborhood is majority Old people of young kids xD

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I prefer Christmas any day. Way more food, and presents because I love receiving! And a Christmas tree of course :D Only thing I hate are all the corny Christmas movies on tv and my school hosting like a hundred dead boring masses.

In other news I finished the wonderwordsearch so I am done with this Get Together 8 ^.^

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I can't believe the GT8 finishes tomorrow. It's hard to believe I've played over 30 hours of iSketch just this week. Tomorrows games will be interesting xD

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Trouble is with Christmas it will have to be the Christmas fortnight as most people don't have time for websites at Christmas itself :)

I do like Christmas more then Halloween as it has more meaning :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Time to wrap up my last loose ends...get all my judging done today, and make sure I enter all my things that I waited till last minute to enter. xD

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Whoa... there's only slightly more than half a day's worth of time left for GT8! Time passes by really quickly, huh?

...Is it just me, or is the activity this time not so hot? Especially compared to the Easter and New Year...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back