• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gettin' high.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • didn't I pick the best time of year for this.

What do you think about on the topic of drugs? Have you ever done any drugs? Do you think they're good or bad?

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've never done any, only because when I felt ready to try weed my boyfriend asked me to hold off until I could do it with him and the area we're in he doesn't know anyone that he can get it from. Was offered a few times after that and would have done it if not for that request.

I am pro all drugs that don't cause 75%+ of people who take them to become violent. That's a number I basically pulled out of thin air for these purposes, but I would do more research before standing behind that, to see the average violence levels of drugs and compare to alcohol. No one hallucinating on shrooms in their own apartment should be penalized for it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I think all drugs should be illegal unless they're provided via prescription from a certified doctor. I mean it's just me, but I think drugs are pretty ♥♥♥♥ing dumb. Like weed for example, people can try to stand up for it all that they want but there's only one person I've ever met that wasn't having negative effects due to smoking weed. The majority of potheads aren't doing anything productive in life. And then some of the more dangerous drugs like alcohol, crack, meth, basically anything can screw you over. If you don't watch the people make the stuff and know how it's made or if you don't see them actually harvesting it before they give it to you then it can get laced with any number of things and really ♥♥♥♥ your ♥♥♥♥ up. If you're taking anything really it messes with your thought processes and then you end up making some pretty dumbass decisions, like thinking that you're invincible because you're high on PCP and then you try to jump out a window because you think you can't die, but you do. I don't recommend drugs unless they're prescribed.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I'm okay with the safer drugs, when done in moderation, but I probably wouldn't get high myself. It does annoy me though when regular users get kind of obsessive about it, and talk about their drug use at seemingly every opportunity. Like, cool, you smoke weed or whatever, can we talk about something else now?

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • personally, i think drugs are useless. but people in pain seek them out because they distract them from crappy old reality and take them somewhere new. but running away from your problems and burying your face into cocaine is just gonna make a horrible death come quicker, plus it alters your appearance dramatically.

but some marijuana? from what i heard it just calms you down and makes you giggle at things which aren't even funny. :p in my eyes, that's great.

but crocodil? seriously, guys, if it rots your flesh you have to be pretty stupid to openly take it, fully knowing it's effects. :(

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Funny. Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa are doing a "Wellness Retreat" show here since pot's legal where I live (Colorado.) Everyone anticipates it to be the biggest event here yet since you can just go into somewhere and buy it (if you're 21.)

I don't do any rec drugs, nor do I drink. I don't think it's immoral or anything, it's just not my thing. I don't care if someone does any, but I ask them to just leave me alone about it.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of it. The only times I've ever been high were off prescription medication (I take opioids for pain management) and that's... not ideal. The pain issue is kind of ruining my life, even if it's not 24/7 (it's often enough that it's considered a chronic pain condition). To get any kind of relief, I have to take these pills which make me loopy whether I want to be or not. It's hard to concentrate, my discretions (regarding what I say) are lower, my reaction time sucks, and I just feel slow and dumb when I'm on them. And that's for a week straight every month. The idea of taking them any time when I don't need them sickens me because I hate that I have to be high on them. I can't imagine choosing it for fun, because I don't have the benefit of a choice.

I've been offered weed before but because I don't like being intoxicated in any way (I don't like being tipsy or drunk, either), I've always declined. I do sort of want to try weed just once to see what it's like in comparison to alcohol or opioids for me, but at the same time... I don't want to choose to be high.

I try very hard to respect people who do drugs recreationally. I can be friends with people who do weed, although it makes me uncomfortable when they talk about it because I literally cannot relate to wanting to get high, but anyone who does harder drugs I probably would not want to associate with.

Years
  • I live in Colorado, and I smoke quite a bit. It helps with my anxiety and aches and pains. I have a pinched nerve in my back and when it gets agitated I can barely move as well as a bad knee from my brother beating the crap out of me some years back. I'm considering getting a medical card because it makes it much cheaper. But I'll be 21 next year so it won't matter much.

I also prefer weed because my mother is a hardcore alcoholic. And I don't want to end up like her.

For those curious about it, I would recommend against it, it can make you extremely paranoid and lazy if you don't control the habit. But if you still would like to try it, do it around someone you trust, and never ever drive on it. It doesn't impair your cognitive functioning like alcohol, but it can affect your depth perception slightly, which can be dangerous for the unexperienced. Also, never buy or take drugs from strangers. Common sense, you know.

Last edited:

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
    Years
  • And then I was like

Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn HIT THIS S**T!!!

And he did, and it was like heaven all over again. >______________<

I like to think of it as a cultural thing. Realistically it depends entirely on which "high" it is you speak of :D

If its sweet sweet Mary Jane, then I revert to my favorite thought on the issue. Its cultural. Depending on how one is raised, where one is from geographically, what propaganda has been programmed, and ones individual fortitude, there are many things that could be considered "drugs".

For the remainder of what I type, drugs will mean "mind altering substances". So, coffee, sugar, aspartame, pills of various types, and things that can be ingested or imbibed to achieve a desired "high".

I love drugs, and I think they are great! Specially weed. However, I say that as a person who has taken them very seriously as an area of study. Not purely however. Recreation is involved occasionally.

Now to the real issue. The war on drugs. Lets be totally honest about it now, it is about money and power. Feel free to disagree.

I think that good and bad are matters of perception, and that attempting to have an objective ideal for either limits personal experience. It seems to rot something within the core of humanity.

I have seen drugs save lives, and condemn them. Sometimes simultaneously.

But to be fair, I must speak from my heart. Know Thyself First! Then, don't enforce it on others lol.

I feel like the word acceptance is important for some reason, but i can't quite put my fingers on it >______<

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't really mind them, personally. Not an issue, I just don't really give a crap about drugs and people who use them. If they don't cause you harm, go ahead! Blaze it all day. Just don't cry to me if anything bad happens, or if you overdose or something along those lines. I know it can help with stuff like anxiety, but don't expect me to care if you come up to me and chat to me about it.

The only issue I have is the personality changes a whole lot of my friends had after smoking weed. It turned me off the stuff, and has left an imprint of sorts, telling me to not do it, or else the same would happen to me. It's scared me, how my good friends change, after trying some. That might not be the case for everyone, though. Sure, people tell me to try it (peer pressure, gets to everyone at least once), but I'd simply say "I'll consider it".

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Ahahaha,no. Although it seems like a lot of people I know do. -sigh-

Anyways if I do want some I know which family member I should go to... :/

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I find I tend to like deliriants. It's not really a good things since because they are a bit more dangerous and less popular. The one I like best is actually OTC and I can buy large quantities online legally and no one cares.

I've also abused prescriptions I was given because I could. I doubt I'll ever touch speed again, and its also scared me off most other uppers. My mind races on nothing why would I want to make it worse?

I think drugs are bad and good. It depends on the person, and how they're using them, and if they're putting themselves or others at risk.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Drugs are simply going to exaggerate your already existing personality traits.
    If you're a calm and rational person, drugs aren't going to suddenly turn you into a train wreck of rage. Any tool can be dangerous in the hands of an amateur; drugs are like a tool to the mind, if you find ones right for you and know your limitations the effects can be great. If you don't, well I don't need to explain that.

I like testing the waters. doubt I'd ever be able to take anything too hardcore, half the time I have trouble handling soft stuff lol.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Unfortunately, I am fighting a battle with addiction as I type this! I am 20 years old now, turning 21 soon and have been using drugs like clonazepam, oxycodone, xanax, ativan, hydromorphone, morphine, unfortunatly also used heroin and much more...I was an opiate addict and went to get help from a suboxone doctor and I ended up abusing those too and it is horrible. I wish I never touched the stuff but its to late for that now and just got to try to keep on the straight path. I switched from the suboxone to methadone because they dont give you drugs to take home with you, the suboxone programs are very stupid, giving a drug addict a full month prescription of synthetic opiates is NOT recovering. Methadone however has been my saviour and am happy I made the switch. I know I am still taking opiates when I take the methadone but it feels better knowing in a few years I will be able to be weened off of it with little to no side effects at all! I battled with drugs for a long time and started winning when I found the love of my life and made me want to change myself for the sake of our future and the future of any children we will have.

STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS! PERIOD! It is NOT worth it and it DOES NOT make you look cool! If you have to use to fit in with your friends, then they are not friends! Find some new and better friends that wont pressure you into things you don't want to do! I find marijuana to be helpful in many ways, especially the cannibis oil which has shown to help shrink cancer cells and things like that! I believe it should be legal everywhere, I havent heard of a marijuana related death in a LONG time and the only time I did they died because it was laced with meth. Weed almost never kills and is illegal but alcohol kills people everyday and it's legal? That is total crap!

Marijuana is illegal because the government doesn't know how to tax it and if they don't benefit from it then they don't give a damn! I am from the USA just to let you know! Well anyway, I believe marijuana should be legal and believe if they did enough research they would see all the uses marijuana has other than just smoking and getting high!

Thats my point of view, I know not everyone agrees but I am not going to change my mind on it period! Thanks for reading!

Sylvitar

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't mind if people do the milder drugs. Would prefer it if you don't do some of the crazier ♥♥♥♥ like PCP or meth. Those ones just ♥♥♥♥ you up.

I don't think I'll do any drugs partly because I have no interest in getting high, partly because I'm slightly afraid that it'd awaken some psychotic part of me (and I'd not be surprised if I do in fact have a crazy side). Or that I'd do something really embarrassing while high. And then someone would put it on Facebook or Youtube. Because people do that.

One of these days I'll get around to drinking though. But I mean like light drinking, I'd rather not get tipsy or drunk.

Years
  • I've done quite a large handful of drugs in my teen years, ranging anywhere from alcohol and marijuana to cocaine and LSD. I've posted my experiences and reasons in a different drug thread and I'm a little bit too insecure to post it again right now. Maybe another time if I feel up to sharing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't do any rec drugs, nor do I drink. I don't think it's immoral or anything, it's just not my thing.
    This, although I am curious to try Cannabis, life experiences an' all. But I've never been offered any.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was against them for awhile and I will never approve of hard drugs, but I've had fun since then. I smoke weed pretty reguarly. When I first started smoking I loved it because it blew me away, but now that I've become used to it I like it just to relax or relieve anxiety when I'm alone. Usually though I smoke with my friends. It's just a social thing and adds to the fun. I've had edibles and dabs too which I enjoy much more, but it's just easier to find weed as it is.

Besides that I've tried salvia which made me see the craziest ♥♥♥♥. I've never tripped on weed and I don't believe people who say they have. I understand if it's your first time it's a very different experience especially if you do a lot for a first time... but salvia was intense. It only lasts 2-5 minutes though which I'm happy about because it can be scary, but at the same time I feel like it's not worth the money.

Only other thing I've done is adderall which I'm sure most everyone knows isn't a big deal either. I usually take between a 20 or 30 miligram and I ingest it as you normally would because I don't want to start snorting pills (most people I know snort it). It just makes you have so much energy and im so concentrated and amazing at conversation with people. It's the only time I really find myself wanting to talk to others and have a full on convo with a stranger lol. Usually when I take an addy I smoke weed with it which I can't really explain but just makes the adderall so much more intense.

My opinion on drugs is that it's your choice. I hate to see anyone fall into addiction and I can see how people fall into that path, but ultimately you have to make the right decisions for yourself. The very few drugs I've taken aren't major at all, but I've handled them well and I'm happy with only doing this much. I am very curious about shrooms though, but beyond that I can't see myself venturing too far. I like to stick to natural drugs... and addy lol.

Back