• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Alicea watched as his hand seemed to turn into metal, her eyes wide. That would have been enough for more, but he felt the need to startle her by smashing the cold cup of water, making her jump from the shock. He was weird too!? She wasn't the only freak then? But... his seemed to be a lot cooler. A fist of steel, or whatever it was, was a heck of a lot more incredible than the ability to make water get hot or cold. Because as far as she knew it was only water, she had never tried with anything else. He offered her his jacket, and she took it, draping it over her shoulders. Then he said something, well, stupid honestly.

"There, you seem cold. Also you're not the only one with powers, I have some too."

That much had been obvious from his demonstration. She was impressed and scared and jealous all at once. They had powers, so why did he get the cool, flashy, and impressive one? Oh, she could make a cup of water boil, big deal. She sighed softly and closed her eyes. Why was she feeling like this? Until five seconds ago she had been all alone in this, and here was a friendly boy that also understood what was going on. Which made her think. What if there were more freaks like them out there? What if... Everyone had powers they were keeping a secret? Maybe it wasn't so odd... Who knew.

"Th-thanks... I wonder... A-are we the only ones that can... That can do weird stuff?" she asked timidly, wondering just what his thoughts on the matter were. She was scared of what the answer might be, be it they were unique, or that they were not. This was maddening, but she had to keep her calm. She had to know the truth.

Khawill

<3
Years
I awoke rather peacefully, not too worried about time spent in here. I allowed the room to change back to normal, and sighed. "If only I could be here forever." I said, "But just being alone would drive me crazy." I stretched a bit, and began materializing into my dorm room.

In reality (a name I had given to the actual world) I stretched. It always took my senses a few minutes to return, and since I never wore my glasses when leaving reality, I couldn't see very well when my senses did return. Obliviously I walked to the blurred outline of my desk and put my glasses on. I turned on my laptop and turned around, to see the other occupant of my room. I began to panic, "Had she seen me?" I said to myself aloud frantically. "Maybe she didn't, wait is she my roommate?" I ranted, "A she? Roommate, maybe it's one of those female looking guys like in anime..." I was pretty surprised, though upon thinking about it, there were no rules against it. "Maybe I should ask her?"

I coughed once to clear my throat, then walked up to her. Are you my roommate? I thought in my mind, saying nothing out loud.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo & Ginevra Morrigan - Lounge

joint post with Mac

It was no problem for Selena as she was able to settle in her room with her roommate, Liam. He kindly gave her the bed with the most sunlight, and allowed her the bathroom to herself. But it was pretty awkward at the same time, she would much rather share the room with a boy, and wouldn't mind sharing everything...even a bathroom. Why make things so difficult?

After the spat with her roommate, Ginny had went out to the main hall to look around. They won't learn what I can do until absolutely necessary. I'm not a show-- Her thoughts were interrupted when a girl bumped right into her and quickly apologized.

As Selena starts to walk around the lounge, she noticed a lot of rays of sun shining upon the students that were lounging. Selena got distracted, as she witnessed an incredible light that attracted her. Being a plant herself, she loves the light after all. Suddenly she crashed onto someone, bumping head on towards someone else's. She didn't see where she was going. It was a red-haired girl with baby blue eyes. Selena shook her head to calm herself from the pain, but she looked upon the girl.

"Oh God...I'm so, so, so, sorry!" She apologized.

The minute the girl bumped into her and then stayed in her personal space caused Ginevra to take a deep breath. There was some sort of electricity between then and she managed a quick, "Oh, it's fine..." Her eyes cast only slightly down at her and she smiled and used both hands to pat her on the shoulder, "It's all a bit distracting here, now isn't it?" Her accent had calmed down a little since she was no longer angry, but it still screamed American Deep South.

Selena, already having a run-in with someone, did not want her first day of school to start off worst. It was a good thing that she accepted her apology...quick. It was odd for Selena to hear that, as the people she knew were too stubborn to apologize. But, that girl, she looked beautiful. Selena would absolutely do anything to be her. Her red hair was like fire, and her clothing was something she saw in a magazine. And that accent...God knew where that came from too. It was for certain that she came from a wealthy family.

"I'm Ginevra Morrigan. You can call me Ginny, if you like." She noticed that they were still close, but she decided to leave the decision to move back up to the other girl to see what she would do. Besides, it was much more fun this way.

Selena's eyes locked on the girl, as she introduced herself. The accent was still something she can't recognize. She couldn't think of a response, all she wanted to do was leave...but that would be rude, especially to where she's coming from. Her name was Ginevra, Ginevra Morrigan. It was more likely an American name. Probably the first American Selena has ever encountered in her life. After she brushed Selena's shoulders with her both hands, she stuttered a bit when she opened her mouth to talk.

"I'm...I'm Selena." Her eyes were still locked on her's. "Everything around here is too distracting."

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ginny softly smiled as took Selena's hand in what she hoped wasn't an overly friendly gesture, "Then, let's go outside then, perhaps? I love the outdoors… I often take either morning or evening runs. At my previous school, I was on the Cross Country team." Her long legs showed that she enjoyed it as they were toned and firm. Gently, she led Selena outside into the sunlight.

The offer to go outside satisfied Selena. She was actually heading out there anyways. Smiling gracefully at the red-haired girl who smiled back. "I was actually heading there myself. I absolutely adore the sunlight." Was she also a plant manipulator? Does she have a special ability that required sunlight? Questions like those start to go around Selena's mind as Ginny mentioned that she was a cross-country runner back in her hometown. She then quickly assumed that she was just a fast runner.

She then felt the sensation of Ginny holding her hand. Her heart jumped a little as Ginny started to walk, taking her to the outdoors. They both passed the rest of the rooms, and to the lobby. A glass door lead to the backyard outside, which had a swimming pool, and a large area where the students can just simply hang out. Selena looked up and down on Ginny, thinking she had just the perfect body. No wonder she was an outstanding runner. She even had the perfect legs!

"This is the first time I've ever left America… and here it's as sunny as can be, today. I've heard the clouds like to just stay out and it rains a lot." She looked around at the school grounds and a broad smile graced her features, "It is beautiful here though. So different than Alabama." Her eyes moved to the girl beside her and she realized they were still holding hands. With a slight blush, she released it and apologized, "Sorry about that…"

It had just felt natural to hold the shorter girl's hand and this thought extended her blush enough to where she had to look away. "Umm…" She tried to think of something, anything to move the conversation on, and finally found it. "Where are you from?"

Finally, they stepped outside. The pool was nearby, and there were students everywhere, none of which were using their ability. It was a warm day, which was perfect to jump in the water, or read a book in the shade. The two girls stood at the side of the door, letting the students entering or exiting the building pass by.

As Ginny lets go of Selena's hand, she looked away for a second. Selena stared at the sun for a few seconds to obtain some light.

"I was born in Spain," Selena answered, "but I was raised by my grandparents in Mexico. You can't really tell it by my accent. They made me study English rather than Spanish."

"Oh wow." Ginny laughed a little, "Another place that I've never been! I know about it though, of course. Both, actually... Mexico and Spain." She gazed around at the students, wondering if this was just a well regarded boarding school. A nagging suspicion in the back of her head told her that wasn't true and time would reveal the truth at its own pace.

The thought of holding Ginny's hand came to her as an urge to hold it again. It was soft when Ginny held hers. Selena's hands were always wrinkly...but only when she was dehydrated or in lack of sunlight or oxygen.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to ask..." Selena shifted the conversation, "but what lotion do you use? Your hand was pretty soft, to be honest!"

"Lotion? I don't use any, actually. I guess I'm just naturally soft?" She showed her palms, face up, "See? Au naturale." She allowed herself another giggle, this time because she was enjoying the girl's company. "I, uh, could let you hold it some more if you like?" She secretly hoped Selena would accept her offer and she pondered her own feelings for a moment.

The girl was striking in many unusual ways, but unusual was not bad, not at all. The way she looked pleased Ginny quite a bit and she felt a tingle in her stomach. Her mind instantly knew that was. I've got butterflies, oh em gee! She offered her hand to Selena, "I don't bite."

A joint post brought to you by [supporter]Meganium90[/supporter] and Mac

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias & Kevin – Room 3

Matthias' lips parted in an excited little grin, clapping his hands together as he slid from the windowsill, stretching out again. "Alright, brilliant. I'm sure it shouldn't be that difficult. I'm thinking that since the headmaster is out, we might be able to sneak a peek at his office, maybe there are some kind of files or papers the-"

He paused mid-sentence as the jolt of lightning erupted from Kevin's phone, touching his hand, leaving the phone black. Matthias stared at the phone and Kevin, blinking his eyes a few times, unsure of what had just happened, before he snapped back to reality. "Whoa, hey! Are you okay? What the heck just happened?"

Kevin bowed his head and sighed, there was no point denying what happened or trying to cover it up in some elaborate lie. Matthias had seen it all.

"I might as well tell you the truth about me Matthias. You see … I have some kind of ability. To be honest I'm not really sure what it is, and I'm not sure if I want to find out either. It seems to be that I react to anything powered by electricity. I first noticed it back in high school when I could feel like … energy pumped through me, I didn't know what it was at the time and I just kind of shrugged it off. That was until one night when my parents and I got into a huge argument, I stormed off to my room and I set my hands on the TV set that I had there. In a split second the whole thing exploded, sending bits of plastic and glass through the air, that's how I got this scar under my eye. As far as I can tell, the more aggravated or upset I am, the less control I have over this ability and generally it becomes a lot more powerful then too. So for the past while I've been trying to cover this up, that's why I didn't tell you about it when I first met you, I didn't want you to have a different view of me just because I have some weird ability."

During Kevin's explanation, Matthias simply stared at him with raised brows and a completely dumbfounded, surprised face, having to keep himself from going "Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaa....?". Or at least, that's how it felt inside of him. He'd never met anyone who had... an ability of some kind. Reaction to electricity? Not the weirdest he could imagine. "... Really? Holy s... crap, man. So you could, like... hold a lightbulb and it would be turned on?"

After Kevin had finally finished explaining to Matthias about his 'ability', the best thing Matthias responded with was asking him if he could power a light bulb. Kevin smiled and let out a slight laugh. "As basic as that might be, yeah … I could probably power a light bulb. Not sure why you'd want someone carrying around a light bulb though." Much to Kevin's surprise Matthias took this rather well, considering most people would freak out if they heard they were sharing a room with a human battery and because of this Kevin felt a bit more relaxed and managed to crack a smile. "You know, you don't seem too phased by this, most people at this point would probably ring a mental institute."

Matthias let out a slight laugh as Kevin kind of put him on the spot. He realized that any regular person would be a little more... worried, about someone near them displaying some kind of mutant, superhero-esque powers, but considering Matthias himself had them... he felt more intrigued and... oddly enough, hopeful, than ever. "Well you know, if you ever needed to go into a dark cupboard or something and you don't have a flashlight at hand, obviously!"

He gave another little grin before letting himself dump down on his own bed, facing Kevin as he raised a hand, brushing his fingers through the blue tufts of hair on top of his head. "Yeah, uh... that might be because... well, I've got some kind of ability as well. Here, take a look." Matthias glanced around the room for something to show Kevin what he meant, and he soon decided to kick off one of his shoes.

Staring down at his shoe for a moment, he placed his hands on either side of himself on his bed, and slowly, the shoe was raised up in the air, moving up to eyeheight of the boys, Matthias breaking into a grin while the shoe slowly started rotating around itself. "... So yeah. I can move stuff around with my mind. Not bad for a power, eh?"

"Wow … A floating shoe now there's something you don't see every day. That's amazing!". Kevin continued to watch in amazement as an object which is supposed to be affected by gravity, rotated around in front of him, like it was being dangled on a string. "Okay wow hang on … That means you have an ability as well! I seriously thought there was no-one like me." Kevin cracked a smile before continuing. "Okay then, so much like my light bulb, I'm pretty sure a floating shoe isn't exactly helpful. How big an item can you lift exactly?"

Matthias gave a little shrug as he raised his foot into the air, the shoe lowering down and slipping onto said foot, the boy lowering it to wedge his heel into the shoe completely. "Honestly? I don't really know. I've been practicing for... well, a long time now, but it always seems to vary. Kinda depends on my mood as well, like with yours. Anger kinda makes it go... a little crazy." He gave an awkward grin in an attempt at making it sound less of an issue than it was.

"I don't know, erh... I think I could do a chair or a table. Though if a table, it wouldn't be moving very fast, honestly. Smaller things, I can lift more at once and I can make them move pretty quickly."

Leaning back on the bed, Matthias looked up at the ceiling, resting on his elbows now as he let out a little snicker. "I think we figured out what kind of school this is, exactly. Or it'd be a huge coincidence if this -wasn't- a place for people with abilities. Really though? I'm... kind of relieved I'm not the only one with this stuff hovering over my head." He looked over at Kevin, giving him a genuinely, almost thankful smile.

As Matthias lay on his bed relaxing, Kevin started to really think about what he said. "I think your onto something there buddy. So that's two people already that we know have some kind of power. That's you and I, okay so look at it like this, there are what, a handful of students here? All from different parts of the world. It makes sense now, look at the amount of people in Denmark and the people in Ireland. Ok so out of all of the people in both those countries did you hear of one other person from your country coming here? I know I didn't, look at the scale of things. We were one person among millions of others and we came out on top. I think this school picked us for our talents. I could safely bet we're not the only ones around here with powers."

Matthias nodded his head agreeingly. "Yeah, definitely. But the questions still remain; How did they find out about us, how long have they been keeping a tab on us, and what are we -doing- here? Sure, it might just be to help us train our powers or whatever, but it might as well be an agency or something training us to be some kind of superforce, or the governments trying to keep us in check."

As he lay, thinking about the possibilities, he eventually let out a little huff, sitting up again, leaning forwards and placing his arms on his legs. "... I think trying to find out about why we're here is a bit dangerous on the first day. Even if the headmaster is out. Let's give it a bit of time, and we'll try to figure out why we're here, sound like a plan?" He offered Kevin another grin, seeming almost as excited at the prospect of both being around others with abilities, and the idea of some kind of conspiracy or the like, as a kid was christmas morning.

That was a good question, how did this school know about Kevin? It probably explains how he got in no questions asked, because of his ability not so much his school grades. "Yeah, sneaking around on the first day isn't exactly the best idea. Considering the fact that anything that's electrical would probably break if I got near it, even the lights! But then of course I have my light bulb to light up the place" Kevin started to laugh at the ridiculous idea of carrying around a light bulb as he stood up and walked over towards the window that Matthias had opened not too long ago. He felt the cool breeze hit his face as he stood directly in front of the window. "You know if it does turn out that were not actually the only one with powers, well let's just say it's going to be a crazy time here!"

Letting out a laugh as well, Matthias shook his head at the joke now coming back to bite him in the arse regarding the lightbulb. He looked up as Kevin walked over to the window, looking out over the lush, green school grounds. "You know, I think you're right. Sounds like a pretty fun time, doesn't it?"

He rolled his shoulders and pushed himself to a stand, giving Kevin's shoulder a mixture of a pat and a smack with his palm. "So, what do you plan on doing before the lessons start? I'm of half a mind to head out into the lounge or have a walk outside, take a look around, maybe bump into someone else."

"Uhh, I'm not really sure what to do, as long as it's not swimming. Although I wouldn't mind going for walk, might help me clear my head, you know take in everything that's just happened. Yeah I think I might do that, you're free to come along if you like?" Kevin now turned around and removed the bag he was still carrying around after they thought sneaking into the head masters office was a good idea. He also zipped down his jacket and tied it around his waist, a t-shirt was the choice of attire for today not a jacket. "So what are you planning on doing?"

"I think I'll take a little walk-around myself, see if I can find someone interesting-looking to get into a conversation with. Maybe kind of figure out if we really -are- the only ones with abilities around here." Matthias gave Kevin a smile before jabbing a thumb back at his suitcase. "Think I'll handle my clothes first, real quick though, so you go on ahead. It was great meeting you, Kevin! I'm sure it'll be alot of fun being room mates." He smiled and raised a fist for Kevin to meet with his own in a fist bump.

Kevin pushed his fist in and met Matthias' with a fist bump. Kevin gave Matthias a smile and he soon turned and was on his way out, however he stopped right at the door. "Oh before I forget, you do know Matthias you just fist pumped a guy who managed to short circuit his phone from a small jolt of electricity in his hands just a few minutes ago? You're lucky you didn't get the same shock if not worse from a fist pump." Kevin waited a few seconds, letting silence fall over the room. "Anyways I'll see you later dude". Kevin smiled as he headed towards the door and this time headed out for real and closed the door out behind him.

Matthias looked back at Kevin, realization overtaking him before a grin played on his lips again, calling out after the other guy. "Yeah, well maybe I like to live life dangerously. See you later, Kevin!" He raised a hand and gave him a sloppy salute as the door shut behind the boy, leaving Matthias in the now rather welcoming-feeling room.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Will tuned out as much of the nearby noises as he could and stopped really even paying much attention to where he was going. If there really are other people with unique powers here, I wonder what they can do. It would be awesome if there was somebody who could manipulate matter with their mind, hell there's already a plant girl, maybe there's a mermaid too! Hmm...that might put a damper on my plans to be the school's best swimmer...but at least there's no way anybody could beat me at accuracy, if they have an archery range here I'm gonna be famous. He noted everything had gotten a lot quiter, people must be beginning to genuinely settle in. Out of nowhere Liam yawned Oh man...jet lag is a *****...maybe I should have just taken a nap...but there's so many new things to see! Who has time for sleep in a place as amazing as this?

Will continued to walk down the hallway, being equally as impressed by the decorum as he was the first time. Wow...I've never even lived in a two story house before...how does someone even make the kind of money it takes for something like this? Will stopped short when he heard the only voice at the school that was familiar to him yet. Ah what the hell? I thought Selena was supposed to go get some sun, now she's gonna think I followed her and-hummana hummana hummana BABEALICIOUS! Liam was too sunned by the sight before him to even notice the fact that the word babealicious had polluted his brain. Selena was talking to what must have been the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen, curves, legs for miles, that face, those clothes, and she was only a few inches shorter than him even! Her hair...it's the most beautiful shade of red I've ever seen...I think sunsets might be dead to me...is she real or is my sight so powerful it can make my subconcious desires reality?

Liam un-googlied his eyes and focused them when he realized Selena was talking to Dream woman O'beautiful McGorgeous-maiden and there was just a teensy eensy bit of tension in the air, y'know? The kind that makes your hair stand up on end, electricity crackle in the air, and some people find themselves compelled to repeat the fabled chant of "Cat Fight!" And "Rip off her shirt!" or "Wrestle in some mud!" And sometimes...uh...where was I? Oh yeah, Will had already seen an angry girl with special powers once today and had absolutely NO intention of dealing with another one, especially if it was directed right at him. Will wished his talent was ultimate ninjatude as he tried to edge his way past the girls. It turned out he completely misread the situation when they...Held hands? And walked to the entrance, he froze mid-sneak and just stared as they stood there for a moment talking, then held hands again and walked the rest of the way out. So they're THOSE kind of girls...I can't decide if that makes things more or less awkward...well on the upside that makes it easier not to think about Selena that way, maybe we could even stay up at night and talk about how hot other girls are. The thought made him burst out laughing like a moron, so hard in fact that he slumped against the wall and slid onto his ass. Haha, well that certainly narrows my options for girls around here but at least I got a good chuckle out of it.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele​

Nathan looked at Alicea. She seemed to be surprised and scared at his power. Just like all the others. All of them were fearing him for his powers, they did everything he asked and were even afraid of telling this to their own parents because they thought he would kill them. And he only needed friends. But they worshiped and feared him and that made him become a lone boy whose only purpose and only friend is the training. He used to train very hard until he could attain a higher level of control on his power. And he still does now because his level isn't exactly satisfying for him.
He snapped out of his daydreaming to look back at his roommate. She was still looking at him and he noticed something he never noticed in anyone else. She was envious of him. He couldn't even find a good reason of why she would be envious. Sure, he was super strong but that also had his downs. Then she asked something he had never thought about until now.
"Th-thanks... I wonder... A-are we the only ones that can... That can do weird stuff?"
Until now and meeting her, he always thought he was unique. But now, he isn't so sure.
"There's a possibility of this. I guess that would be great to know that I'm not the only one who got gifted. I think only these people would understand how we feel. At least I have you, so that's ok." He said to her while smiling.

Nideous

Years
Nathan definitely did not seem too impressed by her initial fright and envy. Who could blame him. If she saw someone react like that when she used her powers, she would be very sad and angry. The Texan girl sighed a bit and looked down as he spoke, seeming a bit depressed.

"There's a possibility of this. I guess that would be great to know that I'm not the only one who got gifted."

She nodded at his words. Realistically if two of them had powers, then more of them would. Her mind began to spin, there had to be more people like her and Nathan! What if there were a whole lot of them? What if she wasn't alone? Though, gift wasn't the word she would use to describe her talent. More like nightmare. She had hidden it from everyone as best she could. But if there were more... More people to understand how she felt... And it would seem nathan was thinking the same thing.

"I think only these people would understand how we feel. At least I have you, so that's ok."

Somehow, his last words made her blush very hard. Her face turned a bright pink and she looked up at him curiously, wondering what he thought of her. he couldn't believe he had just said that. Her heart was pounding in her chet and she shook her head. He had to mean he had her as a friend. She was still kind of overwhelmed though, even at that, because she didn't have many friends. Especially boys.

"Y-yeah... W-we're friends... And w-we have to find out more about these... Gifts..." she said softly, her eyes lowering back down. Her words betrayed her joy at having a friend for once, and she smiled shyly at her new room mate. It was certainly going to be an interesting year.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years

exposition with a dash of cinnamon

She blinks at the sound of movement originating from the other side of the room. She had noticed another bed in the vicinity of that direction during her arrival, but hadn't paid much attention to it or its surroundings at the time. The movement, she observes, is caused by a dark-skinned youth; though she estimates him to actually be slightly older than she is, his height, appearance, and general presence are all unimpressive.

She watches his approach with some curiosity. Despite his lanky appearance, he doesn't exhibit any signs of being particularly devoted to physical activity; maybe it's a metabolic trait? His perception seems to be a bit muddled, she thinks, and moreso than the loss of what are evidently his spectacles would inflict, as the slight inaccuracy in his movements even after putting on his lenses can testify to. Strangely enough, although her expectation of him being the person to initiate conversation is met by his voluntary approach, he is entirely silent after doing so; so she takes it upon herself - with a barely internalized sigh - to do so.

"Good morning." She pauses a little after the greeting, giving him another window of opportunity to carry out what she believes to be the prerogative of the male party.

What she hears in response is a little ... well, actually, very brusque ("Are you a really a female?"). She doesn't have a proper response for the seemingly ridiculous question - what, did he think that she was some sort of cross-dressing effeminate boy? - but realizes, after a moment, that it is likely a side-effect of his impaired vision, and resolves to withhold judgment for the present.

"Yes, I'm a girl. Your confusion is understandable, and I'm not sure what the administration is thinking either, but I'm sure it will work out eventually." She smiles encouragingly, and inclines her head in a gesture of politeness, nudging him towards more civil conversation. "My name is Cecily; Cecily Glenham. Would it be convenient for you to introduce yourself?"

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Selena Bravo & Ginevra Morrigan - Outside

joint post with Mac

Without hesitation, Selena held Ginny's hand once again...feeling the natural softness she had. She wished she'd had that type of skin all the time, but it was all depending on her H2O intake. Her heart began to beat, her eyes began to lock onto Ginny's. What was that feeling?

"So you're from Alabama? The United States?" She asked. Obviously she knew about the fact that she was American, but a beautiful one. She only wanted to ask once again just to carry on the conversation, and to hear her speak that interesting accent. I can't with that accent right now, if she speaks once again, I am going to drive nuts! She thought to herself, I have no idea what I'm feeling right now. This is insane. But I can't help the fact that she is absolutely perfect!

Their hands touched and Ginevra once again felt a horde of butterflies in her stomach as she intertwined her fingers with the other girl. Her eyes met Selena's and a slightly nervous smile built upon her lips. "Yeah, I'm from Alabama in the US. It's a whole different world here." Her eyes stayed focused on the other girl's and she unconsciously took a step forward so that they were almost touching as their hands stayed together.

Her senses came back to her and she darted her eyes to look around, frowning a bit as she noticed that people were watching them. "Uh..." Her face flushed as red as her hair and she tugged on Selena's hand, "Can we go somewhere where we don't have... an audience?" She was still quite embarrassed at all of the staring and she urged her friend further along the path away from the pool, "Looks like we can talk there in a more private setting..."

"Okay..." it was the response Selena gave her quickly. Of course, she wanted to get to know the girl a little more. She refused to let go of her hand, it was as soft as it could be. Being alone with her was probably the only thing she wanted to do.

They both stopped at a tall tree which was distant from the students, and the swimming pool. It was the most private around the back part of the school building. No one was around, everything was just quiet. Both of them stopped behind the tree, facing the old-fashioned gate that enclosed the whole school. Selena turned to Ginny, who was blushing constantly, she immediately smiled as she placed her right arm on the tree. By the touch of the tree, she gained chlorophyll, which made her mood calm, and made her extremely confident. The leaves on the tree turned into a brighter green, thanks to the touch.

Things were happening quickly, and Ginevra didn't seem to mind one bit as she and Selena found an isolated area of the school to talk. Her eyes followed Selena's movements and she raised a brow as the girl touched the tree. She didn't notice anything too strange, except that she seemed to have decided something. What that something was soon revealed as they drew close.

But, there wasn't so much to talk about. Selena was too caught up with Ginny. She pulled close to Ginny, without saying one word, eyes locked since they day they met. Selena's feelings were out of control, out of proportion. It was something she could no longer handle anymore. The tip of the nose touched her's and her lips were only a few short inches away.

The feel of the other girl against her caused Ginny to blush even further and as their nose touched and their lips were barely parted, she could tell that neither of them could hold back any longer. Without a word, she broke the distance between their lips and allowed them to press, enjoying the sensation of kissing those sensuous lips. The taste was divine and unlike anyone she had ever kissed before, even though it hadn't been too many, she just knew this was different. Both of her hands mingled with Selena's as she held herself close and in her mind, she knew that she never wanted to part from this perfect moment, this perfect first kiss.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
[CSS-div=width: 700px; border-radius: 20px; background-color: #8C8CCC; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: georgia; color: #040433][CSS-div= height: 100px; background-image: url("http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mAuj7ehQBmw/TS-KlgjyAbI/AAAAAAAABaE/xRHfEebLErI/s1600/Australia+Flag+Southern+Cross.jpg"); background-repeat: no-repeat; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; font-family: carter one; font-size: 55px; text-shadow: -3px -3px 0 #000000, 3px -3px 0 #000000, -3px 3px 0 #000000, 3px 3px 0 #000000; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 25px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-bottom-color: #DCDCFF;]Riley Dauth[/CSS-div]
Riley opened his eyes again. Where was he? Still in a bed, and the ceiling looked different. There were definitely no glow stars mounted on there. He had those bloody things since he was a kid and he was hellbent on taking them with him when he moved to America, even though his parents thought he got too old for them. But damnit, he had Uranus, he had Saturn, he had meteors, and entire constellations of stars on his ceiling. He liked to look at them at night. They were kinda weird. They made the ceiling disappear at night. "Dad, did you take off my bloody..." Riley shot up, and did a quick retake of the room. There was another bed to his left, on the windowside. And when he looked outside, he saw what looked very little like the Californian arid highland town he lived in. He crashed back down on the bed. Gilded Halls, in the land of the Poms. Remember, damnit. He went for his still open trolley case and got his mobile phone out. The time was still set to pacific, so he adjusted that, and concluded he had slept, eurgh, long enough, he guessed.

Right. He still wasn't barged in on by his potential roommate. Riley wasn't sure whether he should be happy about that or feel kind of pathetic, because judging from the noises in the nearby rooms, everybody else had met their roomies already. Maybe he should go for a walk about the campus. The lessons still wouldn't start, otherwise he'd have been woken up by the bell. In fact, Riley had counted on it he'd nap long enough to be waken up by the bell, but if such weren't the case, then it enticed him to get up, and go for a walk. There was a library to the right side of the entrance hall, right? He thought there was. He could go check them out. Maybe they had Kurt Vonnegut, Philip Pullman, or, oh yes, maybe they had Edgar Allan Poe. No library can call itself a library without some Poe. Excited by the idea to check out the library's inventory of books (he certainly loved books) he got himself to stand up and rush out the door.

He pulled the hem of his plaid shirt straight and made sure the collar was all nice and even again. His hair was okay, he guessed. He entered the lounge again, and shut the door behind him. Diagonally across the lounge, he spotted another student. Hair of a bluey, and combed hastily to the side. Maybe he could swallow his social anxiety and talk, but...real people were kinda scary. Still, he knew this school was for some special kinds of people. Elements 101, yeah, what did that even mean? Riley knew his own kind of speciality was his shapeshifting or was it his English. He wasn't quite so sure anymore, but this school was special, and everyone had to be special in a way, which meant they weren't total douches like in high school. Were they? God, why was he still standing and staring like this? Do something, you stupid idiot, he thought. Riley put up his hand and waved. "Hi there, diagonal neighbour!" he put his hands into his pocket and walked through the lounge, mostly keeping to the side. Diagonal neighbour? Seriously? Maybe he'd just wave back, and he could go to the library by himself, or maybe he just elicited him to talk to him. His eyes peered at the boy, and Riley pondered.​
[/CSS-div]​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Kevin Blake - Room 3

Kevin stood right outside his room door trying to gather his thoughts and make sense of what just happened. "Wow, everything's going so fast. I already have a roommate, he has a special ability like me and I'm a student here at this fancy school. Talk about a lucky break." Kevin's thoughts were interrupted as he spotted something moving just across the lounge. He looked over and saw a boy exiting his room just across from him. He had medium length brown hair and roughly looked to be about the same height as Kevin but at this distance there was no being positive. Even though the boy seen Kevin, no words were uttered, just an awkward stare. Finally the boy extended his arm up and waved across at Kevin, "Hi there, diagonal neighbour!"

Kevin smiled and returned a friendly wave as the boy now trudged along through the lounge, oddly keeping mostly to the side. "Seems like an alright guy, everyone so far seems friendly enough". Kevin then proceeded to exit the dorm and arrive outside into the glorious heat. The majestic blue sky only littered with a light cloud here and there."Now where should I walk to?" Kevin mumbled as he pulled out his map. "Ah there seems to be some gardens not far from here. That might be nice to walk around in". Kevin stuffed his map back into his pocket and headed off walking.

To Kevin walking was a way for him to calm down and relax, although not that he needed to calm down or relax right now, but today he was walking to get his thoughts in order. Meeting someone else who had an ability was crazy, something which he'd never thought would happen and then there was his own power. Strangely for the first time ever, he felt okay with it, almost like he accepted it. Looking down at his hand and clenching it Kevin wondered if he could control it? Matthias seemed to have a good grasp of his ability, could Kevin do the same? Would it be possible to decided when to activate his ability and when to stop it?

The path on which Kevin walked on started to become quieter and more secluded, less students up this end of the school. It was peaceful, quiet. "Perhaps I could come here more often. I like it here". He finally reached the gardens. The aroma filled the air and the flowers littered the garden in an abundance of amazing colors. Kevin inhaled deeply and smiled, he walked over to a small patch of grass near the flowers, lay down and closed his eyes. Before he knew it, he started drifting into a snooze.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias Winston - Residence Building

Matthias stretched out as he had flipped over his suitcase and opened it, peering down at the various clothes he had packed. He was trying to internally get over the shock, surprise and relief of finding someone else with an ability. He was afraid that he'd been the only one and often times while sitting at home, he'd wondered if he really and truly were the only one who had something like this. Not… quite a 'problem' per se, but something unique. It was a huge weight off his shoulders to know that Kevin also had an ability. And was a pretty cool guy to boot.

He took a moment to stare down at the clothes before shaking his head. Who the hell had time to sort out clothes? He was at what was going to be his new home for quite a long time, he could sort that out whenever. Maybe he could still catch Kevin on his way out…

He turned and made a dash for it, pushing the door open and shutting it behind him, running through the lounge to try and catch up with his room mate, taking a sharp left around the corner which led down the small step and onto the pathway outside of the residence-building. However, he hadn't calculated there being someone else that had just turned the corner as well, and as such, Matthias slammed firmly into their side as he tried to come to a skidding, stumbling halt, almost knocking the both of them over and at the very least, sending Matthias stumbling off to the side, almost falling over.

He winced at the small jab of pain from knocking into the guy, quickly turning to him to check if he was alright while raising his hands in an almost defensive manner. "Whoa, hey! Sorry about that! Should've seen where I was going. You okay, man?"

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele​

Nathan smiled a little when he saw Alicea blush from his words. Actually this was the first time, he saw a girl blush from what he said. He didn't know why but this made him happy. Then something popped in his mind. What if she was blushing because of she thought he meant she was his girlfriend. Well, a girlfriend isn't something exactly bad but this was happening a little fast or maybe he was just imagining things. Yeah, that had to be his imagination playing tricks on him. He lifted his eyes and saw Alicea who looked joyous. Why would she be happy? Is it because of what I said?
"Y-yeah... W-we're friends... And w-we have to find out more about these... Gifts..." she said softly.
It seemed as if she was stuttering from embarrassment. He was a little relieved that she said they were only friends. But she gave that shy smile of hers at him and he felt his body melt. He had never realized how that girl was beautiful and cute.
"This may be irrelevant to our discussion and you may have heard that a lot but I have to say you're amazingly beautiful!"

Khawill

<3
Years
"Wait a moment!" I said out loud to myself in astounded revelation. "Just a moment ago, I think I said nothing. Which means she started this conversation..." I ranted to myself, embarrassed. "I have messed up already, forgetting the order of my actions." I sighed to calm myself down and rubbed my head, "It is of no consequence though. I will simply restart the conversation." Though immediately I snapped my fingers in disappointment, "But that doesn't work in Reality, it only works in Marrow."

After another stream of pointless arguments with myself, I realized I had forgotten my reasoning. "Hello Cecily, or wait does she prefer Glenham-Sama? Do I add an honorific in this country?" The last two questions were directed at myself, though I decided to deal with them later, preferring to answer her questions. "I thank you for not taking offense to my... uh, confusion. I am generally ignorant to a lot of social practices in Reality. Since you have very kindly asked my name, I shall give that to you. My name is Marquis Withrow, genius programmer, hacker, and traveler." The traveler part was only half true, I only really went to conventions and countries with a lot of technology. Even then it would only be a day or two. Regardless I gave a bow, something I believed to be common in this country. "By your distinguished grammar and general politeness, would it be safe to assume you are of the scholarly variety?"

Nideous

Years
Great, somehow she freaked him out. He was looking at her like she was nuts. Again. But after she spoke he seemed to brighten up. Somehow she had made him feel more comfortable. That was good. She... Felt it would be better to have a room mate that was comfortable, rather than awkward or angry. His gaze was... Rather off putting for her, since she had never seen someone looking at HER that way. No, that look was reserved for someone that wasn't shy or sullen, as she had been described.

"This may be irrelevant to our discussion and you may have heard that a lot but I have to say you're amazingly beautiful!"

And those words made her freeze. Was he joking? She... Was nothing special. Just another girl honestly. She had no stylist, no designer cloths anymore, just what she could do herself. Still, the compliment was appreciated, and blush very deeply. She wasn't used to compliments, especially not from someone of the opposite gender. She wanted to hide her face she was so red.

"M-mai goodness... Th-thank ya... Th-that's... Naice..." she said, her voice shaking, her accent rolling off her tongue, making her words sound very weird and odd, especially given how she mumbled them. She turned her eyes on him briefly, then looked away again, not sure what else to say.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
[CSS-div=width: 700px; border-radius: 20px; background-color: #8C8CCC; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: georgia; color: #040433][CSS-div= height: 100px; background-image: url("http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mAuj7ehQBmw/TS-KlgjyAbI/AAAAAAAABaE/xRHfEebLErI/s1600/Australia+Flag+Southern+Cross.jpg"); background-repeat: no-repeat; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; font-family: carter one; font-size: 40px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #000000, 2px -2px 0 #000000, -2px 2px 0 #000000, 2px 2px 0 #000000; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 25px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-bottom-color: #DCDCFF;]Riley Dauth & Matthias Winston[/CSS-div]
Riley felt he just lucked that conversation out. The student just waved back and walked on. Well, another succesful interaction with another human being, he supposed. The kid went on to leave the lounge for a walk outside. Riley had to go that way too, so he decided to take it slowly, not wanting to overtake him or make him feel like he was following him. That'd be just creepy. He was just near the door and forgot to watch his back. From the same room, probably the roommate of the bluey, another kid rushed out. An unfortunate collision and both the teenagers stumbled. Riley rubbed his nape and held the wall for support on time to keep him from falling. He couldn't be more bloody careful? He thought. Or, actually, the kid really didn't do it on purpose. He raised his hands, profusely excused himself for crashing into him, and asked him if he was okay. "Yeah, she'll be apples," Riley muttered. He looked the boy over. He was, well, kinda taller than him, not by much. His hair was dark, kind of highlighting towards blue if you looked at it with the right light, which was either because of his really dark melanine or the slick gel in his hair that pulled the fringe up into a spikey crest. "Yourself?"

"She'll be...?" Matthias blinked in slight confusion at the saying that he had never heard before. He quickly recovered by nodding his head in reply to the guy's question, giving an apologetic little smile. "Yeah, I'm alright, thanks. I didn't mean to bump into you like that, sorry." He offered a hand for a shake as a kind of means to apologize. "Kinda crazy day we're all having here, huh? I'm Matthias. Nice to meet you."

Riley took the boy's hand, who introduced himself as Matthias, and gave it a firm shake. "Riley," he replied. He could agree that today was rather hectic, starting at an entirely new school and all, it was sure to be a hell of a trip to stay here. And it -was- also quite a privilege to be here. He was sure there were only a dozen people here, more or less. Yet, it seemed like Matthias was referring to something a little crazier than just going to a boarding school. Also, what was so confusing about what he said earlier? She'll be apples. That's just fine, right? He looked the other way and avoided pressing on about it. "I was just about to head off to the library, by the way," Riley passively added.

This new guy, Riley, seemed a little confused about Matthias' confusion, but he didn't pursue it. Matthias figured that if they both seemed to think they understood each other, there wasn't any reason to ask. He did, however, get slightly curious as to why the guy was heading to the library in the main room. "The library, eh? What's happening there? Or are you just checking it out, out of curiosity?"

"Right, curiosity," Riley responded, "I just figured I still had time to browse through their selection before the first class." He paused and turned towards the door. His glance returned to Matthias. "Uhm, I don't know if you're the reading type, but care to come along?"

Matthias took a moment to think, glancing off to the side, across the green fields of the school before shrugging and giving a smile at Riley. "Sure, count me in, if you don't mind. Maybe we can find something interesting there, you know? I was just planning on having a walk anyway, but this seems just a bit more interesting."

Riley smiled. If the kid was interested in reading, there was just no way he could be awful. At least, that's the way it went in Palo Cedro. Bloody redneck Seppos, the lot of them. They walked outside onto the outdoors path that connected Valiant house with the main building. He felt he had to keep the conversation going somehow in the silent interludes. "So, you've met your roommate already? Any first thoughts about the Gilded Halls?"

Matthias stretched his right arm over his head, arching his back a little before tucking both hands into his pocket, walking nearly alongside Riley while giving the guy a couple of glances. He looked like a pretty nice guy, definitely didn't seem like a jerk. "Yeah, I have. Pretty cool guy, honestly. This place is... well, interesting. It's woken up my curiosity, that's for sure. I've never been to a college or somewhere, where you live at the school before, so that's already exciting, but... there's something special about this place. I dunno, just seems weird that a bunch of kids from around the world get thrown into this same place together. Don't you think so?" He turned his head slightly, giving Riley a curious look, though in all honesty, he was trying to peg if Riley himself knew about what this place -really- was.

Riley took a double take of Matthias's words, let them slowly sink in, and then he just had to try not to panick. Give a sensible answer, and don't mention -that- directly, he thought. Matthias was right. Given his accent, he had to be a Scando, or something of the sorts, and he himself was an American-Australian, and whatever other nationalities were present in this school, in freaking England? "It's odd, to say the least," Riley admitted. He pocketed his hands and walked along with Matthias. The main building was just a short pace from here. "You also saw the schedule for today? Elements 101, any idea what that's supposed to mean?" he piqued Matthias. They went through the doors and entered the hallways of the west wing. There was one other student at the end. "I, uhm, I don't know what to think of it yet." Riley gave a cursory glance to Matthias. He could keep it secret if he coaxed it out of him, right?

As they stepped inside of the main building, Matthias nodded softly to Riley's words, staring ahead of himself somewhat thoughfully. "No clue what that's about. I figured it was something sciency, you know, periodic table and stuff, but... no, it just seems... different. And I don't know about you, but -I- didn't do anything outstanding for me to be asked by a school in England of all places to be one of like... ten, fifteen students? There's something else to it. Something's made them want to pull the lot of us together for some reason. What do you figure?" He returned Riley's glance, raising his brows slightly while still seeming rather casual with his hands in his pockets and his general posture.

"I don't know..." Riley shook his head. He lied. He knew damn well what went on, but wanted to play this stupid. Stupid. Stupid. "I wrote a teen novel that made it on the market with a minor publisher, but that doesn't count. There's plenty of teen authors out there." He bit his lower lip, and either he was gonna squeeze it between his teeth until it broke, or he was gonna tell him what he honestly thought made them want him here. In any way, he felt sick to the stomach just thinking of it, and he wanted to run back, and pretend it never happened. He hanged his head low, almost hiding behind the shoulders. "Can you please keep this a secret but..." he sighed, "I can, uhm, turn my shape into that of an animal, if I focus on it." Riley shut his eyes. This was reliving an awkward moment for him, when he told Lazlow, 8 years ago. He wrenched one back open and stared at Matthias like a condemned man waiting for the executioner's axe.​
[/CSS-div]​

Part two soon. Do remember, there is a part two after this. I swear, if you barge in right -now- it will mean part two makes no sense anymore, and that makes kittens cry.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan Steele​

Nathan cursed himself mentally. He didn't know how these words escaped his mouth. He wasn't supposed to say them out loud. Now Alicea would just think he's some kind of psychopathic pervert who wanted to do nasty things with her. Now that he was thinking about those nasty things, he blushed madly. He had to stop daydreaming or she would think he's a freak.
But still, she was a very beautiful lady and even more when she was blushing because that made her cute. And not to mention the fact that he preferred shy and quiet women over loud-mouthed ones.
"M-mai goodness... Th-thank ya... Th-that's... Naice..."she said.
Oh my ****ing god, what an accent. Who wouldn't fall in love with this woman? She was a pearl, a perfect pearl that Nathan would keep for only himself. He wouldn't mind spamming some honest compliments or beat some self-proclaimed seducers to reach his goal. His "seducing mode" was now activated.
"No, that's just the truth. I already feel this year is gonna be great especially if I'm spending it with you. I think you're a great person!"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Matthias & Riley - Library

"Whoa, you did? That's pretty damn cool!" Matthias was genuinely impressed that this guy had actually written a book that got published, and a pang of jealousy shot through him. It was quickly ignored, however, as Riley began fidgeting and seemed unsure of something. Matthias was sure what it was, since it'd been what he had been fishing after for a few minutes now, but even as the boy told him his secret, Matthias was forced to stop, placing a hand on the other guy's shoulder to get him to stop as well.

"Whoa, hold the phone there. You can... change -shape-?" He'd expected him to have an ability, but a shape-shifter? That was -really- cool. "Dude, that's -amazing-! I mean, erh..." He cleared his throat quietly, raising a hand to rub the back of his neck. "Yeah... I figured you had an ability of some kind, heh. I can move things around with my mind, and I found out that my room mate has some kind of... electricity-control, even if he doesn't have alot of control for it. So yeah, I think we've figured out what the school's used for, eh?" He gave him a little grin before shrugging his shoulders. "Don't worry though. If you don't want me to tell anybody, I won't. Still though... shape-shifting? That's one hell of a cool ability." He peered over at the boy seemingly sitting in the middle of the hallway, not far off before looking back at Riley with an excited, curious look in his eyes. "... Care to show me, when we get to the library?"

Riley stammered but could barely even produce a single coherent syllable at the time. He knew he could trust that he'd not be seen as the freakish loner who spends his entire time inside reading and writing books and having a keen interest in Sartre and Kierkegaard instead of Jay-Z and Justin Bieber, but even acceptance down to his ability? He was in a bloody school where everyone was just -that- kind of special like him? "You're just like me, you mean? You should show me yours too, really. I mean, yours must be so convenient," he crawled back out of his shell again, putting his head level again. He was just so damn glad that he was talking to someone who understood him, and could put a hand on his shoulder and tell him he was just okay with it. Oh god, was he getting misty eyed again? But it was the kind of utter relief this time. It certainly was.

"I, yeah, I guess I can show you in the library. I, uhm, I can only take on a couple of forms. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to learn a new one," he explained. Moreover, it'd take around 2 hours, more or less, before he could re-use his powers. He probably wouldn't need it though. Well, he better not keep him waiting. "Let's go then."

"Yeah, let's." Matthias gave another smile as they continued down the hallway, waiting for them to be past the guy sitting on the floor, seemingly zoned out, before speaking again. The look on Riley's face after Matthias had admitted to his ability... he wasn't sure why, but it just made him... happy, to see the guy acting like he did. It felt good making someone feel like they weren't alone in the world. After all, he should know about that.

"Yeah, it's... convenient, I suppose. You know, reaching something far away, not having to get up to grab something, I guess. But when you can only really do it in the confines of your home, there's not alot -to do-, really. I've known about the thing for... I dunno, ten years now? It's taken a long time of practicing to get to where I am, but... I'm pretty happy with it. I could've gotten a really crappy ability if I were unlucky. Like being able to smell everything around you really well." He gave a playful grin and gave Riley a little nudge with his elbow. "... Feels good being able to talk about it, doesn't it?"

Riley could not agree more with what Matthias said. "It's definitely great to talk about it," he said, and then pondered over Matthias's story. It was hard to keep his own ability secret and still put some practice to it just as well. Though geography was at his side, that, and there were farms hidden by conifers all around. The two had passed through the entrance hall and were now in the library. The shelves were stocked full of books of various thicknesses, genres, authors, all sorted by letter and the types of books per aisle. The place was quiet, and just the right place to show off either ability. Books were easy to use one's mind grabbing on, right? "I've known mine since I was 7. Finding out was an awkward story..." Riley chuckled. Maybe some other time. "Practicing it is kinda difficult for me too. Ya know, it's not like you can hide it that well when you're turning into an animal, and the people in my town might get confused if they see a kangaroo hopping in the middle of California," he sighed. It did give him an idea on what form to show him.

Matthias let out a laugh at Riley's joke about the kangaroo, grinning to himself as he took a little walk around the main bit of the library, their words giving an ever so slight bit of echo. "Yeah... I know what you mean. Finding out wasn't exactly a... good experience, let me say." He shook his head slightly before turning to his new friend, folding his arms across his chest with a smile. "So, need anything... specific to transform? Like... uhm, I dunno, enough space or something?"

"Oh, no worries I can do just fine with this amount of space, just have to concentrate. Uhm, just a heads up, I can't talk once it's complete...ya know, for obvious reasons," Riley warned Matthias. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He conjured up the image of an eastern grey kangaroo in his mind: Macropus Giganteus. He had all the finest details of the creature in his head: Greytone fur, the oblong ears, with white inner ear fluff and black tips, long muzzle, brown round eyes, dark stripes down the muzzle, and cream on the lips, then down the neck, chest. As he conjured the thoughts up, his form began to manifest. His skeletal structure changed, and his ears shifted shape as the cartilage shifted. Fur appeared over his face and migrated down to his chest. His hands turned into paws, each with a black claw at the end of them. A thick tail sprouted from the end of his spine, and grew to a long conical shape, a big mass of muscle that slouched onto the ground and tapered into a black tip. His clothing dissipiated for his wooly fur, and his hips began to widen, replaced by strong kangaroo ones. His metatarsal bones must have elongated to thrice the normal length and taped into a pair of dangerous looking claws. His arms looked a lot shorter than normal though. A muzzle appeared on his face, and his nose was covered with fine hairs, save for the black outlines on his nostrils. He could not break his concentration now. Just a little more. The fur turned up all around now, and the transformation slowed to a final form: a kangaroo. Down to a pinch. He opened his dark brown eyes and looked at Matthias. He was definitely taller than him now, because he only stood at 5'4'' at best. Riley looked over his body, and grunted happily. The transformation was complete.

Matthias had taken a small step back to watch the transformation, which was completed in a matter of moments, and during it, he simply stared with wide eyes and an amazed look on his face. Once it was completed and the kangaroo that had taken Riley's place let out a little grunt, Matthias took a step closer, looking him over. "... Holy sh*t, man. This is absolutely amazing! I mean, I'd have imagined a housecat or a dog or something, but this is... Jesus, I've never even seen a kangaroo in real life before!"

He gave a bright grin and clapped his hands together once, which echoed softly through the room. "So hey, uh... don't freak out when I do this, but I just gotta..." He reached out with his hand and slowly brushed his fingers down along his shoulder and side, feeling the short fur of the animal before letting out a laugh and stepping back. "Wow. That's just unbelievable. You've got my respect, that's for damn sure."

Riley, now a kangaroo, looked at Matthias with a bit of pride at his reaction. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, the only kind of vocalisations he could bring out now. His internal structure had also shifted around. His stomach: two chambers, and his throat, well, it lacked a proper human voice box now. His field of vision was considerably wider, and his hearing senses felt a lot more acute. He could easily radiate his ears and distinguish the origins of a sound more precisely. He stared at the bewildered teenager and didn't flinch when he approached him and ran a hand through his fur. He didn't exactly mind the brushing against his fur. Actually it felt really good. He could really understand why animals just love it when people do this, though wasn't sure if he should be embarrassed or proud to have stunned him like that, but either way, his face bloomed behind his fur.

Nideous

Years
She kind of looked down, cursing herself for letting her thick accent slip. Damn it, she was better than that! All those speech classes down the drain! Bother, she would have to work on that. She gave him a very shy smile, which froze at her next words.

"No, that's just the truth. I already feel this year is gonna be great especially if I'm spending it with you. I think you're a great person!" were his words. They made her heart flutter with unknown feelings, which made her a bit quieter. She was confused about all this, and lost, not sure what to think. It was so obvious he liked her, and she liked him. But she wouldn't say it. Surely he would find someone prettier than she. Still, he made her feel like she was worth some attention now. Shy as she was, she had to admit it made her feel special to have someone fawning over her for a change. So her next words were spoken with just a little bit more volume, letting him kind of hear her soft, musical voice a little.

Wyell thanks. Tha's ver-ie naice... Er..." she said, fumbling for words again, trying to sound like a normal person as she spoke. "I-I mean... I appreciate it... I hope... Tha' this yier is... N-nice..." She sighed some, still struggling to enunciate her words properly. Confound it all, why did he make her stutter and stammer like this? How had he made her forget all about her lessons to help her sound more proper? This was absurd, she couldn't even talk right anymore she was so flustered! Uhg... She needed to calm down. She got to her feet and stood up, and walked with slow even steps to the sink, getting another cup.

"Y-ya wan' some watah?" she asked softly, wincing internally at just how rough she sounded right now, proceeding to fill a cup for herself and drink it, an attempt to regain her composure. That was the benefit of her power, her water was always as cold or as warm as she wanted it to be.

Back