• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ IC

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Nathan Steele​

He never knew that his words would touch Alicea so much. She was quiet after he said them and looked a little confused. Maybe because no one was brave enough to tell her that she looked amazing. Sometimes, he wondered why some boys were so idiots. They were losing their heads on artificial girls who wore lots of makeup and weren't natural at all instead of being interested in the shy and quiet girls who were naturally beautiful. He complimented himself for not being one of these idiotic boys. No, he liked natural girls just like Alicea.

Wyell thanks. Tha's ver-ie naice... Er..." she said. "I-I mean... I appreciate it... I hope... Tha' this yier is... N-nice..."
    Then she sighed. He didn't know why but he really liked her accent. The fact that she was stuttering and trying to hide
    it was even more cuter for him. In his mind, no girl was better than her. He had his eyes and his mind set on her and only her. No one would distract him from getting closer to this girl. He never felt like this for anyone else. Did he...like her?

"Y-ya wan' some watah?" she asked softly.
    He was lost and when she talked, he shook his head. He didn't need water, he needed her. God, that sounded so wrong in my head. He felt his cheeks getting redder. "I wouldn't mind it. Thanks!" He had to think to think of something else or his cheeks would get even redder and he would explode from embarrassment.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Liam's laughter faded into a light chuckle and finally stopped. Oh humor, your the only thing that keeps me sane...especially in the face of gorgeous girls sending red waves of a steamy nature when I'm trying to walk through the damn hall and muddling my brain with their friggin'-STOP! No more brain waves of that kind! When he snapped out of his 'trance' he heard footsteps and saw two guys walking on towards the library, considering which side of him they were one he must have been zoning out like a mental patient when they passed. Great first impression Will...just get lost in your own brain, THAT'll make everyone in the school love you, especially the ladie-nope! no going there again. Realizing he was going to think himself to death if he didn't DO something, Will jumped up and walked towards the library, it'd be nice to talk to some other guys, and even if they weren't all that nice or interesting, he could delve into a good book. He needed to get his mind off of Selena and what's-her-beautiful face, he wasn't used to thinking about girls this much, it fogged his brain...they just HAD to room him with a girl...but at least she was nice.

Will walked into the Library and marveled at how huge the bookcases were and the pure volume of knowledge and stories that must be stored there. His love of books was quickly overshadowed by something much more significant, something that froze him midway through the Library doorway and his pupils contract to pinpoints. After a moment of awe his pupils reversed their previous decision and expanded until the irises that were the only thing about his body he was proud of were practically gone. "A Kangaroo?!? Awesome!" He ran over to the kangaroo and the boy with....blue hair? Ah who cares there's a. "Kangaroo! Wow what's a Kangaroo doing in England, and a library no less?!? Is he our librarian? I can't believe-wait a minute..." He turned towards the boy, up till then he had really been talking just out loud while he stared at the Kangaroo and resisted the urge to pet it. "You came in here with another guy...is he...oh my...cool! This really is a school for kids with unique talents! So, what's yours?" In all the excitement he had forgotten to even ask his name.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Kevin Blake - Room 3

Kevin raised his back up of the grass and sat up rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up that little bit quicker. "How long have I been out for?" thought Kevin as he looked around. The weather itself didn't seem to change much nor did the brightness of the sun, so he could only safely assume he didn't stay sleeping for too long. Looking around the garden, it was still only him that was present.

As he sat staring at the flowers, the same thought kept entering his head. "My roommate can control his power, but I can't! Why can't I control my power?" Looking around once again and seeing that no-one was around, Kevin raised himself up onto his feet and placed his hands down by his side and decided it was time.

To a stranger, his hands looked about as normal as anyone else's. However he knew that pulsing through his body was electricity, he was filled with the stuff, it was like a second bloodstream, but alas he had no idea how to project this energy out by himself.

This was it. This was going to be the first time Kevin had ever tried to use his power on purpose. He knew very little about his ability, other than he can interact or break electrical items if he's not careful. Taking another quick look around and making note than no-one was watching. Kevin stood up straight, closed his eyes, left his hands dangling by his side and concentrated as hard as he could. With his teeth clenching, his eyes slammed shut, his hands now into fists and the veins and muscles on his arms more predominant with this intense concentration, however after holding this for a few seconds nothing happened. Not a spark, nor a flash.

Relaxing his body and letting out a massive breath of air, he fell down to his knees exhausted. Clenching his forehead in his hand, he breathed deeply as he sat down on the grass. Kevin decided to have a second attempt however, this time rather than exerting massive amounts of strain and pressure, Kevin decided to relax and focus. The garden was perfect for this, there was no noise, no interruptions, just Kevin by himself.

He closed his eyes a second time and decided to hold his hands out in front of him. Focusing as sharply as he could, listening to the gentle sounds around him and clearing his mind of all distractions, he could now feel the energy building inside him, still he remained calm and collected. With his hands out in front of him, Kevin decided to give them a sharp push away from himself. As if it was like lightning a match, Kevin opened his eyes and his jaw dropped to see that his two hands were now wreathed in blue lightning. The lightning which jumped around his hands looked weak, probably about enough to give someone an electric shock at best, but nevertheless it worked! Kevin managed to successfully activate his power by himself.

With another swift movement of his hands the lightning disappeared, his hands returning to their normal state as if the lightning was never there. Shocked at this turn of events, Kevin jumped up onto his feet and charged out of the garden, almost like he was competing in a race of some kind.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • She was still grappling with her feelings as she drank a bit more water, kind of nervous and shaking a bit as well. She poured a bit more water into her up and drank the cool refreshing liquid s she could have a bit more time to regain her composure. He also chose to speak again, but this time his voice was a bit shaky as well.

"I wouldn't mind it. Thanks!" Her back was turned, so she couldn't see his face, but she could tell he was blushing, kind of nervous now. Oh my god, she had scared him! Great job there Alicea, she was making him nervous. Slowly she reached a hand over and grabbed a second cup and filled it up, turning and walking towards him, offering it. She didn't know why, but she had to say it.

"H-he-ya, Th-this is it... Do ya w-wan' it cold or h-hot?" she asked weakly, blushing and looking away. The water itself was a bit tepid, kind of in between. Neither cold or hot at all. "Ah-Ah mean... Ah can make it cooluh or h-hottuh with ma powuh... or somethin'" she mumbled softly. not making eye contact. She needed some fresh air, pronto! Maybe she could take a walk for a while and then come back later on in the evening

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele​

Now, Nathan really didn't know what to say. The girl was shaking, he never knew she was that shy. Nathan thought that was a good thing seeing she wouldn't be one of those cheap girls that were going out with every men they can find as long as he gives a little money. No, Alicea was a special one and he was glad to be the first one to discover how great she was. That made him smile. He was glad to have met such a girl and suddenly, his only need was to keep a smile on her face.
    "H-he-ya, Th-this is it... Do ya w-wan' it cold or h-hot?" she asked weakly, blushing and looking away. "Ah-Ah mean... Ah can make it cooluh or h-hottuh with ma powuh... or somethin'" she added.
    "It's good as it is. Besides you shouldn't abuse of your power. I know from experience that if you try to push it too far, you'll be in trouble. So rest a bit instead. I wouldn't you to be sick. Thanks though." As he said this, he flashed his best smile at her. He was concerned by her well-being all of a sudden. Maybe he had feelings for her even though that was going too fast for him.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • a little light perplexity

She is taken aback by the verbal outburst, instinctively initializing hypercognition in an attempt to gather together something coherent from the unintelligible torrent of information. The results returned are quite enlightening; within fifteen or so seconds, she manages to collect a plethora of details about her current conversational partner's irregular behaviour, and is considerably relieved. His confusion seems to have come from his apparent disorientation applied as a side effect after the conclusion of some sort of activity, which had involved exposure to multiple cultures and / or languages simultaneously - well, something like that, she thinks.

Differentiation between perceived reality and an imagined reality, maybe? ... In any case, I think I've managed to get a good grasp on the type of pupils this institution has collected, though I'm not entirely sure I agree with their philosophy of ranking specialization significantly above conduct and refinement.

In the meantime, however, she must deal with the individual in front of her. She frowns a little, almost imperceptibly, and engages in the gradual detachment of herself from the conversation, having now ascertained the eccentricity of her roommate.

"No, it's fine, really - I think I am a rather typical member of the educated class in terms of behaviour, so I'm sure it will be perfectly fine if you simply hold yourself to that standard. Pleasant meeting you, Mr. Withrow." Her smile has a light hint of patronage about it. "I hope we will be able to co-inhabit this residence peacefully in the future; naturally I shall afford you all due respect, and I trust that you will do the same." Though she hasn't stated it outright, her tone makes it fairly clear that she considers the conversation - at least at the current stage in time - to be at an end. "I hope that there will be a future opportunity for us to speak together."

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • I bowed slightly, respectively, "No need for honorifics towards me, just Withrow or Marquis is perfectly fine." I continued, trying my best not to digress, "I promise to be a well mannered and clean room mate. Though you may not see me much, I don't fancy sharing a room with the opposite gender, it makes me nervous. Thus, if you ever need my services, assistance, or presence." I walked over to my computer and opened up a word document. "Simply type the words, return to reality. And I will come back."

I was just about finished when I remembered one other thing, "Also, although I'm not physically here, I still require my clothes and a place to change. I must finally suggest refraining from changing in front of this laptop, or turning it off if you can help it." I bowed once more, "I apologize for my nature."

I felt my stomach rumble, "I'm so hungry." I said to myself, "I think I left my wallet in Marrow too." I looked at my phone distraught, my tampering reduced the battery significantly, it was at 2%. "Surely I will get stuck if I attempt to retrieve it." I couldn't bear to leave my phone alone here, but I also couldn't just go and get free food. "Hm, maybe a walk would help me. I could organize my thoughts and get some sun." I tranquilly walked out of the room, "I hope you enjoy the school Glenham-Sama!" I called out the door.

I walked outside with my hands in my pockets. "I wonder where I should walk to." I said out loud, "It's like getting lost in New York." I said looking around, "Well except quieter, smaller, and much less crowded. I suppose this is nothing like New York." I walked over to some trees and laid against one, looking at the leaves, alternating between looking at them with my normal eyes and glasses. "Looking at you without my glasses doesn't seem to do you much justice." I said to the tree, "You always look less green without them. Though I must say no tree I could ever make in Marrow could compare to Reality."

I sat patiently for twenty minutes, looking sorrowfully at the rustling leaves, "Maybe I'm too far gone to make friends in reality." I concluded, closing my eyes, "Sleeping is the same in both at least."

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    → Jamie Lane ● Blowing off steam

Unfortunately, the gate keeper was no help at all. Jamie had demanded security visit the thug-girl in his room, but was told there was no such thing. The lack of security was an interesting prospect for Jamie, he hadn't noticed any cameras or CCTV devices either - it looked like the students had true free reign at this school, excellent. There was a spray-can in his bag waiting to be used - he had been itching to wreck havoc on the school ever since arriving.

Jamie kicked up such a fuss with the gate keeper that he was eventually ignored completely, the man turned his back from the grumpy teenager and placed his earphones back in.

"Fine!" Yelled Jamie at the oblivious man, waving his hand up in outrage and pacing along the grounds' perimeter. The wall was as tall as the gate, not climbable (by Jamie at least) and topped with some nasty looking spikes, it seems to lead around the school in a large rectangle. Jamie soon found himself around the back of the buildings, large floor-to-ceiling windows revealed the library, inside. Outside, the pool glistened in the summer sun. Not seeing anyone else around, Jamie decided to take a swim to ease his mind.

Quickly pulling off the majority of his clothes, Jamie mounted the diving board and dived in. The water was cool on his skin, a pleasant embrace, and the pool was crystal clear. He decided to swim lengths, throwing his hands in to the water one by one, maintaining the best speed he could with front crawl.

Nideous

Years
  • Alicea smiled softly at him as he got concerned about her well being. Sure, it was odd to have someone concerned for her, but it made her feel kind of special. He seemed very kind and nice, and the way he smiled at her made her feel all shy and embarrassed, as well as nervous, happy, flustered, and a host of other emotions. She had never felt like this before. She was still standing there, holding the water out as he smiled at her.

"It's good as it is. Besides you shouldn't abuse of your power. I know from experience that if you try to push it too far, you'll be in trouble. So rest a bit instead. I wouldn't you to be sick. Thanks though." Yes, he was definitely concerned about her getting sick. But that had not happened to her. She was kind of curious about how far she could push her powers honestly. But she didn't know how to tell him that. So she just kind of looked down and nodded.

"Ah guess yer raight... Ah'll try an' relax ah suppose..." she mumbled softly, just kind of waiting for him to take the water. Her heart was pounding in her chest. Yes, she needed some fresh air. She needed to try and relax, seriously. But ir was kind of hard, just standing there next to him, it made her heart flutter even thinking about him. This was moving so fast.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    → Jamie Lane ● Good vibrations

The water felt so fresh, so natural. The water sparkled in the morning sunlight, causing the underwater world to be illuminated. Jamie could easily open his eyes in this pool, it must be low on chlorine, he watched the shadows of clouds pass by as he completed length after length of the ten metre pool. It had been years since he had been swimming, they had one at home but it brought back unwanted memories for Jamie. His father had always hoped he would go on to swim in the leagues, but Jamie knew he wasn't good enough for that - the disagreement led to a huge rift between the father and son. Since then, four years ago, the pool back home had gone mostly unused.

Underwater was the ideal place for Jamie, it is a place where sound waves have more power - they can travel much further, maintaining their power across huge distances. Jamie remembered watching documentaries in school about whales which could communicate across entire oceans, he wasn't quite that able but it certainly magnified his abilities.

He paused in the shallowest part of the pool, letting his feet drift to the ground and resting, half standing.

Closing his eyes, he stretched his arms and placed his hands on the surface of the water. With a gentle slap, he generated a ripple from both sides. Lowering his hands just below the water, breathing in deeply, Jamie prepared himself. He clicked using both hands, his fingers snapping together underwater. There was no sound at first, but as Jamie focused the low frequency noise he had been hoping for started to be heard - starting quiet, underwater, before reaching the surface of the pool and bursting out. The resulting sound was like an electric guitar, one single note strung out for around five seconds. Droplets of water separated themselves from the mass, dancing above the surface as the bass vibrated them around.

The note was loud, magnified by the sound of the pool, but for Jamie it was insignificant. Out of the water such a feat was impossible, he could raise and lower the frequency of a sound but to little effect. In his old school, he had learnt to use his power for lockpicking - a handy skill for breaking out after dark (and breaking in to locked up places).

He longed to hone his gift, but his practice at home was often interrupted - he had managed to keep his ability hidden from his family and friends, avoiding the inevitable counseling, bullying or (the one that always comes up in the movies) government experimentation.

Unimpressed with himself, Jamie hauled himself out of the pool. Noticing a sunbed over on the grass, he laid down in the fierce sunshine to dry off.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele​

Nathan really meant the words he said. He was deeply concerned about her well-being. First time we met and I already have feelings for her. Great work Nathan, great work.. But that was a good thing seeing that his mind wasn't bothered day and night with thoughts of his parents. Talking of them, he was kind of surprised that they didn't try to contact him to know if he settled well. Even though, he was used to it, it kind of saddened him to know he was unimportant to his parents. He shook his head, chasing these thoughts from his mind. If he kept thinking about them, he would only suffer even more.

"Ah guess yer raight... Ah'll try an' relax ah suppose..." she mumbled softly. He took the water from her hands and gulped it slowly. It was rather fresh, not too hot and not too cold. "Ah it was perfect. Thanks a lot Ali! You don't mind if I nickname you Ali, do you?" He preferred to think about Alicea than to think about his parents, the ones who made him suffer the most on Earth.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Kevin Blake - Lounge

Kevin continued to charge through the school grounds like a wild animal of some sort. He ran as fast as he could back down the path he walked on not that long ago. With all his frantic running, Kevin seemingly took a wrong turn somewhere and now found himself running through an area which contained a pool. As he looked ahead he could see a boy sitting out lounging on a sunbed just beside the pool. As Kevin frantically ran past him, "Hey there nice to meet you" was all Kevin got out, although judging by the speed at which he was running, one could only assume what the guy heard was just a slur of words.

Working his way back onto the main path, Valiant House was visible and was just ahead. Kevin started to slow himself down before coming to a complete stop before heading inside. Working his way across the lounge he stood outside his room door once again. In his excitement he forgot about his previous worry of breaking the machine on the door, he slotted his card into it and headed inside, without any trouble of course.

The door closed behind him once again and he stepped further into the room. "Hey dude guess what I …". Looking around he noticed Matthias was nowhere to be seen. The only evidence of his last activity inside the room was a half opened suitcase. Unsure of what to do now, Kevin slumped himself down on the bed and stared at the ground. His face was suddenly hit with a cool breeze, looking up he could see that Matthias forgot to close the window when he left. Climbing back up onto his feet and with one elbow slouched lazily on the sill, he looked out the window and smiled.

It was such a warm day, so hot in fact that once Kevin felt the heat hit him again, he removed the tied up jacket from his waist and threw it on the bed. Looking over at the bed once he removed his jacket he noticed the phone that seemed to be broke due to his earlier incident. Walking over, picking it up and pressing a few buttons quickly revealed that it was indeed non-functional.

Flicking open the back and removing the battery, everything seemed to be okay. All the components looked to be okay, and there were no obvious signs of damage. Unknowingly to Kevin, he was holding the battery by the metal connectors. All of a sudden he could feel his arm go weak, like it was being held to tight and the blood stopped flowing. Breaking the connection between his hand and the battery by opening his hand, he could fell himself slowly become tired and worn out.

His eyes began to feel heavy and his body was starting to go limp. "I need to get some water!" Kevin began to slowly walk towards his front door, steadying himself as he went along. He reached the door, pulled the handle and headed out of the room once again.

Years
  • Evan and Dom – By the Pool

Dom and Evan were sitting by the pool. The morning was bright and beautiful, and enough to take Evan's mind off dark thoughts. With their legs in the water they discussed more cheerful things all while listening to summer sounds and watching clouds roll by. Dom lay down with his hands behind his head, with his prosthetic arm clinking as it made contact with the pool tiles. Evan looked on as Dom's metal legs sparkled like the surface of the pool glistening in the sun. It was brilliant, reflecting both sunbeams and its own reflection upon the water.

"So, where exactly are you from?" Evan said to the much bigger boy. "You have the Scottish accent... but you aren't from there are you?" Dom looked down at Evan and grinned. "Nah, I actually originally was from Scotland. Just something happened..." The metal giant's face gave a disheartened look. "It's quite the tale to tell... would you like to hear it?" Evan gave a confused look but nodded slowly. "Yeah ... we've got some time."

"I was born on to the streets of Glasgow, Scotland. My mum and pops were two poor-ass people, but they loved me and my two brothers so much and what the richest man in Scotland had in riches, my family had in care for each other." Dom took a breather and glanced over to see Evan's face full of intrigue. Evan could admit to himself that he grew up wealthy, but he rarely saw his family. (It's funny how our lives could be so diametrically opposite.)

"Even though we loved each other so much, we still were struggling. We often found ourselves unable to pay rent, thrown out from apartments, then walking around begging for food out on the street." Dom gave a sigh, he then gave a small laugh and kept on with his story.

"Huh." Evan reflected on his own life. As sincere as he tried to be, Evan could not help but feel a pang of pride. (I've never had to beg, even at when I was at the bottom. I hunted. I seized. I took what I needed for myself.)

"They always said I was an amazing athlete. At first I thought that they were just saying that to make me happy but, I outran all the kids in the neighborhood and was stronger than all the older boys that I knew. I loved sports. It was the love of my life, I almost even loved it as much as I loved my mama and pa. But the thing was, I couldn't play any sports because my family was too poor to pay any fees. I couldn't even bring myself to ask. We didn't even have enough to feed ourselves, how could I let my selfish wants become another problem for my parents?"

Dom had to stop. His eyes were welling up already and he hadn't even gotten anywhere with his story. "Sorry, let me get a chance to calm down." He gave a hearty laugh. "It's pretty funny isn't it to see a huge guy like me breaking down in front of you, isn't it?"

In a way it was, for Evan. Even if he grew up penniless, Dom had a family. Not like Evan - he was a soldier, or was at least meant to be one.

"Then the inevitable happened. The one thing that I had through all the s*** that I had to trudge through, my family, was taken away from me." He grimanced at the images that flashed back into his mind. His mother. His father. Them screaming his name as he was taken away by the police. "Damn... It's just..." Dom hung his head. "I guess I did benefit from being adopted though. Now I have a loving mother and father, lots of friends back home, and I even have my sports... or at least I did."

"I was adopted by an old couple in Riverdale, Georgia. (As was I. My headmaster, I suppose he adopted me.) It was a new start for me, I actually had a stable home and more people that loved me. (Maybe not the love, but the stable home for sure.) Riverdale isn't a very nice place, especially not where I stayed. When I first arrived I was a hollow shell. I didn't want anything to do with anyone, all I wanted was my family back. I was bullied at school for being the only white kid in the whole city. My new mom and pops were always working late into the night and I was often left home alone. I would often stay locked up in my room and not come out. But my parents..." He let out a resounding laugh. 'They kept on trying to open up my little shell and that's how I met the love of my life, football."

Evan's eyes were drifting off in the distance. There was a boy in the pool, doing - Evan rolled his eyes back towards the sky. Dom was ... nice, but he was talking about football, of all things. (The love of his life? Pfft.) His eyes drifted back to Dom's prosthetics. "Tell me how you got those." He lay down as well and closed his eyes.

Dom shut up. He looked at his arms and legs and gave a not-very-convincing smile that Evan, fortunately, did not see. "Oh, these old things?" Dom's eyes once again welled up. He was being quite the crier today, but his past was one thing that made him break easier than a twig. "Well... long story short, I was shot three times, then run over twice." He smiled at the other boy. "Like I said, Riverdale isn't the nicest place."

Evan's eyes popped open. If he had been shot, he would have died. (For a guy as emotional as he is, Dom's got a bit of fight in him. But maybe it's just because he's so big.) He shuts his eyes again.

Dom looked over at Evan. "So, what's your story Mr. Scottish Chınk?" He grinned.

"Don't call me that, ever." Evan was annoyed. "I know I just broke my stick, but if I had my hands on a good foil I'd-" He takes a good hard look at Dom's sturdy metal legs. (Or perhaps I wouldn't.)

Evan sighed. "My father was a powerful man. He sent me to Scotland because that's what rich and powerful men do. I rarely saw him." Dom looked over at Evan. He never would have guessed someone like him came from a powerful family. "Must've been nice to be rich, huh?"

Evan hesitated. He wasn't sure whether to explain where he came from or just dance around the question vaguely until Dom changed the subject. But it was a fine day, and Evan felt safe. He was safe, so safe he did not even know where he really was. (It's a better day than any to ruin...) A dark smile crept on his face.

"I wasn't rich. My father was a general for the Korean People's Army. Like my brothers and sisters I was to become a soldier. One day I am called back to the motherland. My father made a mistake, he upset the wrong people." Evan turns his head towards Dom, looking intently. "My family is dead. They sent me to prison. I don't know why - perhaps they still had the heart to spare the life of a boy." Dom didn't know what to say. He just sat there speechlessly looking at Evan. They were the same age and they had been through so much, and yet, they were completely different.

"Obviously..." Evan scornfully gestures to himself. "...that's not the end. I decided to escape. I killed two men." Evan pauses. (It was the only way. Don't worry.) "I came back to Scotland, but Headmaster sent me here. I don't know where I am and I don't know why. But they were orders, and I followed them. And apparently..." He looks around. "... they've been good to me so far." Dom's face darkened. He felt sad for the other boy. It sounded like he never had a family or someone there he could rely on. "Um... " An awkward silence hung in the air until something caught Dom's eye. "Do you see what I see?"

"Yes." Evan smirked. The past few minutes had been dreadfully depressing, but that was over. Perhaps today would work out for him after all.

"Are they..."

"Yes, they are!" Evan smiled, but it quickly turned into an expression of horror. "I think they saw us."

Dom tried to look away, pretending not to notice the two girls holding hands. "Evan, what do we do now ... Evan?"

But Evan was long gone. He was nowhere to be seen.

Another joint post by BlahISuck and ChiliDawgs

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
  • When he reached out and took the water, he may have thought nothing of it, but his hand brushed against hers. It was innocent and harmless, but it made her heart beat faster. The poor girl was so incredibly flustered. And to his credit he didn't make a big deal of it.

"Ah it was perfect. Thanks a lot Ali! You don't mind if I nickname you Ali, do you?"

Apparently he was thinking more about giving her a nickname. A Nickname? Hm... Well, Ali didn't sound too bad. Ali. Alley. She shrugged, not bothered by it either way. She looked at him and give another very shy, timid smile.

"Th-tha' sounds kinda naice... A-awright Nathan... Yuh cane call me Ali ifin yuh wont." she said softly, looking out the window. She then walked to her bed and sat down, pulling out her map. It looked like there were some pools. She hadn't been swimming in a very long time, or maybe the garden... Or the library. Something to do today, on the first day. Or maybe she could just stay and keep talking to Nathan.

"U-um... Yuh wont ta g-go check out thuh school?" she asked meekly, not wanting to go by herself and get lost. Or maybe it was just an excuse to spend more time with her room mate. Who knew with her. All she knew is she didn't want to walk around all alone.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • I couldn't bring myself to sleep comfortably against the tree, I kept feeling paranoid about ants crawling on me. "Pestering fiends!" I muttered, "I can't even tell if you are really there." I occasionally swept areas where I felt like there was something crawling on me, though it seemed like it was everywhere and it made me feel uncomfortable. I stood up annoyed, "I can't go back to the room, she might want some privacy. Though I could go to the library and hide out in a terminal or wire." Just the thought of being in Marrow made me feel happy. I began walking toward the building, and stepped inside.

There were students walking around, so I had to resort to simple walking. I really wanted to travel by wire, yet I couldn't risk giving myself away. So I walked the halls drunkenly, feeling sick by my restrictions. I was also lost, I hardly knew the school be heart, and I never bothered to grab a map. Luckily there were signs that gave me direction, and after walking for more time than I should have, I made it to the library.

Other students were here too, though I had to ignore them, as I was too restless to actually pay attention. I went to a computer terminal that was as far back as possible and looked around frantically. When everything was clear, I entered,

Inside the terminal was typical of a school computer, five locked doors and three open ones. Any attempt at opening the locked ones would result in an alarm going off, or worse, the tech department finding out about me. I would be seen as a virus, and would be in too much danger. The three unlocked doors were Internet access, public and student files, and miscellaneous applications such as paint or dropbox. From what I knew about school computers, at least two of the five locked doors were student records, and one was access to moderator control.

I made one custom door, it would allow me access to the power cord if needed, and entered the internet door.

Unfortunately school internet is normally tracked and restricted, and it takes effort to remove this fact. The only way to completely remove it is to enter the moderator door, which could be any one of the five. My method is very simply to follow the restrictions. This is the safest way to remain undetected.

The internet in my eyes is a very large place to navigate. Simply imagining the website I want to go to is enough to take me there. Though finding unspecific places is very difficult as each building represents a website, with a floor representing a page, and a room representing a specific area or link on that page. Going here blind is dangerous, and I have gotten lost on two occasions. The sky here is full of letters and numbers, representing the code transfers between websites along with things such as emails or video streaming.

I went to a forum where I discussed writing. Forum buildings are hardest to navigate as the number of floors change constantly with each time a moderator adds or removes a section, and even then there are seemingly endless numbers of doors on each floor, each entering their own thread. It became to overwhelming that I had to create a system. I created an elevator, inside had each floor with the section name. Then after selecting my floor, I can reduce doors by date created, name, or other things.

My interests were in the basement, the floor where member data was stored. Specifically I went to check my own profile. My profile was a room with a few pictures I had posted on the walls and a large touchscreen that acted as my way of interacting. Two new messages by the same person, odd enough since I normally didn't personally associate with other members. Though I realized both messages were by the same person. "AneMoeSW" I read the name out loud, "Who is that?" Without reading the message, I opened up her profile to see that this person didn't show many private information and that although not a newcomer, she posted infrequently. Needless to say, it didn't seem like this person was someone who had something to say to me, though my curiosity was peaked.

It read, Hello Withrow-Sama, This is Hailey Halwit, this website is the only one I've been told you frequent. I just wanted to ask if you remembered my name at all? The second message was exactly the same, it must have been a network glitch. I thought hard about the name, but it didn't even sound familiar.

I sent a reply, I'm sorry, but I don't recall the name, though it is probably because you have the wrong person lol. I was about to leave, seeing no new comments on my threads, though I got a reply almost instantly.

Are you Marquis Withrow? The one who doesn't give his first name? I read the question twice, there were no other people I'd seen or met who fit that description, so this person must have been talking about me. Though I was more surprised that the person knew I didn't use my first name.

That is indeed me, but how did you know I don't use my first name? I sent.

We used to be friends before you moved a long time ago. I got as a reply. "But I never moved..." I said out loud, "I'd always lived in that town right..."

I'm sorry, but I don't remember moving at any time in my life, nor do I remember having friends. I sent confused.

Well I'm sorry to bother you then, but please IM me if you happen to remember. She placed her username for an IM service, which I look a mental note of. I then left the building and the internet. I returned to Reality and decided to find a book to read. 'How could I remember something that never happened." I muttered, yet I couldn't shake the feeling that it was probably true.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • [CSS-div=width: 700px; border-radius: 20px; background-color: #8C8CCC; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: georgia; color: #040433][CSS-div= height: 100px; background-image: url("http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mAuj7ehQBmw/TS-KlgjyAbI/AAAAAAAABaE/xRHfEebLErI/s1600/Australia+Flag+Southern+Cross.jpg"); background-repeat: no-repeat; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; font-family: carter one; font-size: 55px; text-shadow: -3px -3px 0 #000000, 3px -3px 0 #000000, -3px 3px 0 #000000, 3px 3px 0 #000000; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; padding-top: 25px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-bottom-color: #DCDCFF;]Riley Dauth[/CSS-div]
    Riley snapped out of his thoughts, as hypnotically good as having somebody actually stroke his fur was. Really, how could pets -not- get addicted to being pet all day? No wonder why his cat cuddled up to him like that and licked his face under if he scratched her behind her ears. The reason he snapped out of his thoughts was more immediate than that though. The boy they walked past in the hallways entered the library, and he obviously had taken notice of Matthias and himself. Now there were two people in this school who knew of his power. He hoped there'd not be any more. This was torment to his social anxiety. The kid seemed more excited than shocked and he was talking just about all over the place. If he could ever just finish a sentence–

Librarian? What I am not the librarian! Riley thought. He could try to say it out loud, but he knew he'd just reduce his thoughts to cucking noises. Of course, the boy put 2 and 2 together and figured it was the same guy who walked down the hallway with Matthias. Riley's mind gazed off elsewhere. He wasn't exactly valuable to the conversation if he couldn't talk, and he couldn't speak American Sign Language, nor British, nor whatever other dialects of sign language exist. Maybe writing could work, even if it were difficult with his thumbs. They weren't exactly opposable, but they were apposable, which was kind of a downgrade of his normal human thumbs, and made it feel more like a really thick but short extra finger. He could also just turn back, but that'd be a bloody waste of all the effort he put into shapeshifting.

He excused himself from the two boys – with which he meant that he outright turned tail and hopped away – and went to look for Philip Pullman in the shelves.​
    [/CSS-div]​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Nathan Steele​

Nathan felt his whole body melt another when she flashed that shy and timid smile of hers. Was she making it on purpose just for the sake of driving him crazy? Because that girl knew how to get his heart to beat faster than no one could. Just her smile could break any resistance he could potentially have inside of him. Whatever this girl asked, he would do it for her, just to see her smile, to see her happiness. And that's when she asked if he wanted to visit the school with her. He was quick to give an answer.
    "Wherever you ask me to go, I will even if it is at the bottom of the world."
    He immediately put his hand on his mouth. How in the world did these escape my mouth? He gave an embarrassed smile.
    "Not in a creepy way though. Sometimes I talk too much, sorry"

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Will didn't know all that much about the facial expressions of Kangaroos, but the shapeshifting student got a look to him that made Will feel he was irritated probably from him running off at the mouth. He was about to apologize when the Kangaroo simply turned around and hopped away among the bookshelves. I know he's a person but...can he read while he's an animal? I wonder if it changes his brain at all. Since the shapeshifter was gone Liam turned to the boy with the bluish hair. "Sorry about that...I'm lazy myself but my brain seems to be hyperactive, besides the fact that IT never shut's up even when I do, there's always at least one song stuck in my head. For the sake of not rambling, and being polite i have three things to ask you, what's your name? What's HIS name? And if I may ask, what is your ability? Because mine is pretty lame." When he asked the boy's name he held out his hand in greeting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Selena Bravo & Ginevra Morrigan - Outside

joint post with Mac

She wasn't sure whether it was the okay thing to do or not. But Ginny took it. She took the kiss from Selena, giving her the signal that it was alright. Selena wasn't even interested in girls! Ginny was the first girl to have kissed, and it was definitely out of random. She was straight, had only interest in boys. It was a feeling deep, deep inside of her that she could be bicurious.

Suddenly, Selena pulled back, tasting the lip gloss Ginny had on her lips. She showed an awkward look on her face. "Oh, man...I'm sorry." she said, "I have no idea what I was doing. I...I...wow..." She blushed, her cheeks turning as red as possible, turning her face away from Ginny. Butterflies inside of her stomach were out of control, scattered everywhere inside. She leaned against the tree and took another glance at Ginny once more.

Ginny had gotten her taste and she took a step to follow Selena, "No need to apologize..." Her heart was racing and she could feel the other girl pressed up against her. Her hands maneuvered along the girl's body, pausing at her hips before she leaned in for another kiss, this time with more passion and none of the timidness of the earlier one.

"Wow, you don't mind it at all. I actually like that." Selena smiled at Ginny, she also brushed her hair back to see her clear face once more. The chlorophyll inside of her body made her tingle just a bit, as she was leaning on the tree. A branch of blossoms bloomed right on top of the girls, all by Selena, but she didn't notice it. Even the slightest of blooms are unnoticeable things Selena has with her ability.

The feeling spread through her body and she knew that this was exactly what she wanted. Before, she had only kissed girls or even boys, so this was all new to her but she knew that she didn't want to stop. After the second kiss, she broke contact enough to whisper, "I want you..."

Selena wrapped her arms around Ginny, "I...want you too. I really do. I...I..." She couldn't think of any other word to say. All she wanted to do was to have Ginny in her arms. That last kiss made her feel weak, and if she received another she'd grow weaker and fall onto the grass. Selena finally gave in and kissed Ginny once more.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Matthias Winston - Library

Matthias grinned as he looked over the now-kangaroo boy, opening his mouth to say something to him, as another boy, the one they'd passed in the hall on their way here, burst into the library, causing both him and Riley to freeze in place, staring at the guy who quite quickly puzzled together that Riley was the boy from before, and seemed... quite eager to know more.

Blinking his eyes in dumbfound surprise, Matthias managed to look up at Riley as if silently asking him 'Should we tell him or pretend?'. However, not being very good at reading kangaroo body language, Matthias simply watched as he grunted and turned around, hopping over to the nearest bookcase, seemingly looking at the backs of the books for something.

Matthias turned back to the guy who now continued to blather away, leaving him to raise a hand, scratching the back of his head, and as the boy finally managed to squeeze out three questions from his ramble, Matthias couldn't help but give a little grin at his eagerness.

".. Well, I suppose there isn't much point in hiding it, and it looks like majority of people here have figured this out on their own... I'm Matthias." He jabbed a thumb over at the kangaroo looking for reading material. "That's Riley, who I just met. And my ability is... well..." He glanced over at a nearby table where a stack of books were lying, furrowing his brow as he raised a hand slowly towards it, causing one of the books it lift up into the air, moving closer to the two of them, whereafter he let it hover at an angle over his palm, slowly spinning around itself, paired with a slightly proud and slightly embarrassed little smile.

"... I can move things with my mind... or will, or whatever. I'm not sure how it works, but... there you go. So, your turn. What's your name and what can -you- do?"

Despite the sudden burst-in of the guy, Matthias couldn't really find it in himself to be angry or annoyed at him, since Riley seemed to give just about zero sh*ts about the event, and he was really rather curious as to what other abilities other people here on the school had. And the guy might be a blabbermouth, but at least he wasn't an a**hole, at least as far as Matthias could tell.

Back