• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

girls and pokemon?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • no offense but i never have seen a girl playing pokemon on DS except way back in red blue yellow days in third grade.

i guess my question is are there any girls that play the game much more hardcore?

and if so why don't i see them in public?

yaknow like EV, IV, egg move?

my girlfriend makes fun of me for still playing pokemon but when i said "you give me butterfreeies" she just melted hahaha

im just wondering cuz on PBR online there are alot of girl trainers more so then guys.

me and my friend was wondering

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • Oh yeah, there's a bunch of girl players. 8D
    There's probably more guys than girls, but that doesn't mean we don't exist.
    Look at me. I'm just as into it as guys are ~ EV, IV, you name it. xD
    But you probably don't see it in public because honestly, most girls aren't like that. ;A;
    But there's a lot, you just .. gotta look in the right places? I dunno. xD

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Oh yeah, there's a bunch of girl players. 8D
    There's probably more guys than girls, but that doesn't mean we don't exist.
    Look at me. I'm just as into it as guys are ~ EV, IV, you name it. xD
    But you probably don't see it in public because honestly, most girls aren't like that. ;A;
    But there's a lot, you just .. gotta look in the right places? I dunno. xD

This. The only people in my school that I know that plays Pokemon are, in fact, girls. Including me.

I probably could have worded that sentence a little bit better, but, you get my point. I know about EVs and IVs and all that fun stuff. I'm actually quite into video games, and I have lots of friends who are girls who are really good with video games as well.

I don't blame you, though. Most people that actually play video games are guys. : P

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
  • Well,that's strange cause here,we're equal in term of number of players 8D All of us know what is Pokemon and we often talk about it with each other even most of us are in different classes so that shows here,it's all popular to all xD

LOL!I didn't even know what EV or other 'hidden' things in Pokemon that but I do play each and one of the Pokemon games except maybe a few ones in the old console :p I do play in public especially while I wait for the bus x3

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Wait you see people play Pokemon in public? Everyone I knows who plays Pokemon is always on private property while playing.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • *points at the lil' female symbol in her information stuffs in this upcoming post*

I've never ever been "hardcore" where Pokemon is concerned-- EV, IV... all that stuff is generally lost on me.

On the other hand, I still actively and avidly play the games, and you can bet all your slot machine coins that I severely enjoy the dangerousness of the world of Pokemon in the Pokemon Special/Adventers manga and secretly wish the games were more like that.

>:3 How's that for hardcore?

EDIT: Oh... and yes, I'll play it in public. Heck, I've been doing that before my classes, in the hallway in plain sight, for the past three weeks now!

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • ...What are you on about?

All the girls I know are hardcore gamers (Things like Pokemon, WoW, COD, Resistance etc.) publicly. I don't know what girls you're on about.

Years
  • Yes ... there are a lot of girls that play Pokemon hardcore. There are more guys, but there are still a lot of Girl Pokemon players. In fact, at my school I see a few girls playing Pokemon on their Ds ...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • You see,
    Pokemon is not gender directed, in other words it does not focus on entertaining just boys or just girls or ceratain ages.
    It can be fun for anyone, it just depends if you personally like it or not.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • i know pokemon is not gender related or any of that

and i know the game was design to be played casually or hardcore

it was a friend and i talking about how we never really seen a girl playing DS's

or hand helds in general

i hope i didnt offend anyone

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Im a girl, or you could say "woman" since Im 18 :P Haha I play pokemon but I dont even really play my DS when Im out of the house so I wouldnt be seen playing it. But I tallk about it sometimes, I have no problem letting other now what games I play!

But Im not "hardcore". Im never been into that EV and IV stuff. I just play to get my badges and catch them all!

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    I don't see a lot of people over the age of 15 or 16 that walk around with a ds/dsi in public. I see smaller kids with them to keep them occupied while the parents are shopping

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I don't really see anyone when I am out playing pokemon, they are always talking about shooting the heck out of people online in MW 2..

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Do have to be into EVs and IVs and Egg moves to be hardcore?

I mean, I find that very upsetting if I can't be taking as a serious Pokemon player if I have to care about hidden mechanics that would take me hours upon hours to use to my advantage, the game already takes me hours upon hours to level up all my Pokemon.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Trust me, once you get the hang of it, EVs are much easier than level training. They aren't as hard as they were in previous generations.

But that isn't really the only way to be hardcore with Pokemon, (seriously) catching them all, training lots of Pokemon to level 100, using proper battling strategy, getting really good records in the Battle Frontier, etc. are all types of hardcore. Just not metagame hardcore.

And not everyone has to be hardcore to be taken seriously either.

Years
  • I know at least 5 female friends who still play Pokemon. Too be honest, I don't really see anyone, male or female, playing Pokemon in Public anymore.. they must be ashamed :S

Do have to be into EVs and IVs and Egg moves to be hardcore?

I mean, I find that very upsetting if I can't be taking as a serious Pokemon player if I have to care about hidden mechanics that would take me hours upon hours to use to my advantage, the game already takes me hours upon hours to level up all my Pokemon.

In my opinion, if you've got a level 100 you're a pretty hardcore and serious Pokemon trainer..

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I know one girl in real life who likes Pokemon. She's pretty open about it and I respect her for it.

Online, I know of plenty females who like Pokemon.

Back