• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glasses

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I really don't want contacts either. I've seen my brother put them on his eyes, and they look kinda painful. especially after watching grim adventures of billy and mandy

heehee that episode was hilarious

I'm nearsighted, so I've been wearing perscription glasses since first grade. I get new frames every once in a while. People say I look better with them on; I agree.

poopnoodle said:
    im SUPPOSED to wear glasses because without them i'm "driving illegally" but being the rebel clutz i am, all my glasses are lost and/or broken atm and i haven't bought new ones. contacts irritate my eyes, so i won't wear them.
    Hmm? Are...are you legally blind or something? I don't quite understand how that would be driving illegally.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't wear glasses, and I honestly don't want to. D; My vision is pretty clear, for now.
    However, my friends say I look sexy in glasses when I borrow theirs'. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    heehee that episode was hilarious
    Hmm? Are...are you legally blind or something? I don't quite understand how that would be driving illegally.

i didn't pass the vision test, so on my license it basically states that i have to be wearing glasses in order to drive. not legally blind, just have really crappy vision.

Years
    I was the crazy kid that wanted glasses so bad as a kid and was happy to finally get them in middle school.

I need a new pair, though. It's been five years and looking at small print is starting to give me a headache. Even then, I can still see pretty well without them; everything's just a bit blurrier to me. Hopefully my next pair won't keep sliding down my nose? :( Only part I hate about them!

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    I have glasses. I'm not a big fan of contacts, even though I've never tried them. I'd rather have something that I can just put on and push up my nose every now and again rather than having something touch my eye and irritate it.

Years
    I have worn glasses for quite some time... I wanna say since I was 5, getting a new pair every year or two and getting new lenses every year until I turned 18. I much prefer glasses over contacts because I always needed someone else's help in putting contacts in when I was trying them out. I would get eye surgery, though, as soon as I could reasonably afford it because I do not like waking up and seeing just a bunch of blurry blobs.

And, this is what mine look like:
    Spoiler:

They're "coffee" colored, and I'm 90% sure they don't look that dark in person, but that could just be that the color is fading on mine because I've had them for two years.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I've been wearing glasses since...freshman year of high school. I'm not too keen on contacts; besides, glasses just look better.

And yes, I do have a glasses fetish.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    *High-fives Jack*

Yeah... Then again, I'm not really blind without my glasses, but everything is extremely blurry. I can't read any small print that's more than six inches from my nose without them.

Years
    I should probably get them. I'm due to get my eyes checked again soon.
    I wear alot of different sunglasses though. I have a thing about my eyes.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I need them. I hope of getting one in the near future. I'm nearsighted. I simply must come closer to things I can't read. u__u

Bay

Years
    I'm near-sighted, so I need glasses if I can't read something far away. I have to wear glasses almost every time I went to lecture when I was in college because it's hard for me to see what's written on the board or what's showing on the powerpoint.

Oddly enough, while my family members can read far away fine, they can't read small print and needed glasses for that while I can read small print perfectly (for now).

Years
    I don't technically need glasses, but the last time I went to the optometrist they said I might need glasses for distance in the future. If I do, I'll just end up getting glasses, as I have absolutely no desire to stick contacts into my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I was the crazy kid that wanted glasses so bad as a kid and was happy to finally get them in middle school.
    Ditto.

I haven't worn glasses in quite some time, but I sorely need them again, it's really hampering my ability to drive to not have a set. I probably won't be getting any for a couple of months because of costs. @_@ I don't mind how they look at all, I think a good frame can add to a person's image of themselves and generally seem more comfortable and less of a hassle than contact lenses would.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I need glasses, and I have issues with putting contacts in my eyes so they're not an option.

I need a new air, my frames are bent a bit and it's keeping them from fitting comfortably on my face. They also cause my eyes to get dry and itchy :/

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Glasses above contacts, forever. I don't want to get an eye infection.
    Also, for the people who have 20/20 and wear "fake" glasses unless for Halloween or some costume party, SHOO! Shoo, I say! Scum of the Earth. >=/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have thick framed red ones that have scratched up lenses, lol. They're also crooked. I didn't go back to my eye doctor to have them adjusted and whatnot. Maybe my head is crooked. You be the judge.

But as a child, I didn't care one way or another about glasses. I think of them as an accessory now, considering I don't have to wear my glasses all the time like my sister does. But yeah, when I feel like I look weird, I just throw on my glasses and hope it makes me look like a genius hobo.

Contacts are a NO. I don't want to touch my eye, and like I said, I don't need my glasses at all times. So I am perfectly fine without contacts.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I totally saw a thread like this before.

Oh yeah, I used to have glasses. My eyesight is horrible. D: But now I wear contacts. Hope my eyesight doesn't get worse. XD

Back