• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glasses

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I've worn glasses for almost 8 years now. I don't hate them, I hate it when I lose them though. That's the worst - you can't even see where to look XD

I don't want contacts because knowing how I put things away... it's only gonna get worse. D:

Years
  • I do wear specs at school, or else I won't be able to understand a word on the blackboard. -_-; /pretty poor eyesight. Since I look good with them, (lol) I wear them~

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I wear glasses constantly. I don't know what I'd do without them. Honestly, I would be having serious problems in school if I couldn't see the whiteboard. I really don't want contacts either. I've seen my brother put them on his eyes, and they look kinda painful. especially after watching grim adventures of billy and mandy

^this. Though it was my friend I watched put on contacts. She, and a little 5th grader I know who also wears them insist that they're easy to wear... but my eyes blink easy (I can't take Mascara all that well, and that is the only makeup I don't mind too much wearing) So I don't think I could train myself into contacts as easily as they did.

Plus I've had glasses since I was 4 or 5 myself. Though my parents are such procrastinators that over 13 or 14 years I have only gotten new pairs/lenses about four or five times.... Which is bad. My eyesight got terrible very quickly.
    •At 5 I believe I broke a lens AND the frame doing something extravagent(Though for the life of me I can't remember what), so they had to be replaced.
    •At 7 or 8 (Not sure when, but it was 3rd grade) I needed new lenses because time was not nice to my eyesight. ._.
    •These glasses weren't replaced until I was 13 or 14, by which point I could barely see things in school even with them on and I was the closest thing to it... My 1st period teacher had to point out that right next to the big digi-clocks I had to squint and focus real hard to kind of make out the numbers... (This pair and the pair before actually got small on me fast. I actually have dents or indents or whatever you want to call them. Bascially you can see where the glasses were tight on me)
    •These were replaced almost two years ago, 3 days before my 17th birthday... Because the aforementioned problem reared its ugly head again. It didn't get as bad, but it was starting to get hard to read things even if I was close to them again.​

Most of those times I had wire frames. Only this most recent replacement have I switched to plastic, but I was also badgered by my father to get wire frames as well. Not entire sure where the wire ones went when we moved. I put them on once after the day we got them... and the headache I had when I put them on (compared to the painless adjustment to the plastic frames. which all in all was odd due to the fact that both pairs had the same lens strength...) made me vomit... so I put them back in their case and decided I'd only wear them if I lost my plastic-y ones.

Ahhhh eyesight blather.

I've worn glasses for almost 8 years now. I don't hate them, I hate it when I lose them though. That's the worst - you can't even see where to look XD

^Yep. Pretty much.
    As my grandma would always say... We need our glasses... to find our glasses.

Last edited:

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • On me, glasses are meh. I've never wanted contacts though, so I'll probably continue to where them.

But in general glasses are soooo smexy. <3

In actuality though, it's a case by case basis. Some people look good with glasses, others don't.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think glasses are attractive most of the time, unless they're really ridiculous ones or you just happen to be unlucky and they don't suit you. Although I've yet to meet someone that wears glasses and it doesn't suit them.

I don't need glasses myself. I've never had any problems with my vision. If I did, I would definitely pick glasses, because the idea of contacts just seems gross.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • i would look maaaaaad sexy with glasses. i might get glasses for the fun of it because i'm such a hipster like that.

hipsters are maaaaaad cool btw. just like me.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • My vision is barely bad enough to be forced to get glasses at the DMV. =[ I only need to wear them for driving or if I'm sitting at the back of class during notes. Being near-sighted ftl?

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I wear glasses, and I like them a lot more then contacts.

My eyesight is HORRIBAD. like srsly.
    Glasses look cute on certain people anyways... haha x3

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • I don't wear em, I prefer contacts as even the most expensive reading and sunglasses are very painful on your ears. Although I passed the vision test.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I've had glasses since I was seven and I feel like they are part of my face because I have to wear them all the time. :3
    Same for me but iv'e only had them for a year or so. The only time I take them off is when:
    1: going to bed
    2:adjusting them
    3:cleaning them

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • I don't like them. They get broken easily and get dirt and dust on the lenses, obstructing your vision. I've worn contacts for years now and will never go back.

I'd like to get LASIK but somehow the thought of having my eyes zapped with laser beams is kind of unsettling, you know?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I got my glasses a few month back and it's when I get my glasses when I realize what a pain a bad vision is...

I try not to wear my glasses all the time. It's when I just can't bare to read without my glasses is when I wear them

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Eyes squick me out. Bad.

Last eye check I got was over the summer and I was told I no longer have 20/20 vision and I almost cried because I knew that might mean I need glasses and my mind made the next logical jump to contacts and oh my god contacts terrify me. I've gotten to the point where I can talk about them with friends without getting nauseated or having to leave the room but I can't watch them get taken out or put in and the thought of doing it myself... well, my stomach just leapt. XD

Luckily my eyesight is still pretty good so I don't actually need glasses but I'll prolly need them one day. And if/when I do, I can pretty much guarantee I won't get contacts or laser or surgical correction. So glasses it is... one day! @_@

Years
  • My eye sight is shockingly bad.
    It is due to me being on the computer all the time and all through the education system.

I use to have perfect eyes, then I took double ICT in Secondary School, then triple IT in College, then Games Technology in University! XD

I am wearing my glasses in my theme, though, they are hard to make out.

Back